Reviews by Tedster

Tedster's avatar
    Tedster

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta and Green Irish Tweed are my two favorite frags as of Dec. 2009. Assoluta is the type of fragrance that can work for just about any climate and situation. Sophisticated, yet restrained. Clean, but won't make you smell like the typical fresh aquatics that rule the world today. Luxurious, and confident. These are qualities I associate with Assoluta.

The fragrance itself starts out with a citrus blast but quickly some spice and woods enter into the picture. Everything is harmoniously blended together and I have a difficult time picking out single notes. I just know I really like what I get out of Assoluta.

I get tremendous longevity (for an EdC) from Assoluta. 8 hours plus, easy. I have dry skin and fragrances tend to get swallowed up faster than I like, but Assoluta just keeps on going. I've even smelled it faintly on my skin 24 hours later. Assoluta is not a loud scent, and I'd rate the silage to be about average, or a bit below that. I feel like it projects about 1 to 2 feet off my skin. Perfect for work, school, or whatever.

14 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 01st March, 2010)

Artisan by John Varvatos

The first 5 - 10 minutes of the orange blossoms are outstanding. The remainder of the (short-lived) fragrance life turns sour on my skin, reminiscent of what I would imagine a barn full of rusted tools and equipment sitting untouched for 50 years might smell like. Bottle is quite unique.

22 October, 2009

Original Vetiver by Creed

This is very nice. I get Limes, Soap suds, and a kind of "Light rain falling on fresh cut grass" touch. I love it. Lasting power is above average on me, and I'd put the silage at perfect "within arms reach" length. If I were a golfer, This would be one I'd reach for often before hitting the course.

It seems to convey class and sophistication, without being in your face about it.

This will definitely be one of my go to frags for spring and summer. And honestly, I could see myself wearing this in the winter too. You won't blow anyone's mind with this one, But you won't scare them away either. I live in a hot climate, and my bottle of Original Vetiver will be getting a lot of use!! Clean soapy limey grassy rainy...yep!

14 May, 2009

Lacoste (original) by Lacoste

To me, this just smells like a fancy deodorant. This scent brought me back to the locker room in high school. If you mixed all the deodorants (old spice, speed stick etc.), I would imagine coming up with something like this. Its nothing amazing, at the same time I would wear it if I had nothing else to wear. Middle of the road here, to my nose anyway...

Eau de Cartier by Cartier

I don't feel like I could pull this off. The only notes I pick up on, are of the flowery type in this fragrance. Its a nice scent, very mellow, smooth, and confident... But not for me. I'd associate it slightly more feminine than masculine. Still, I give it a thumbs up for being a pleasant scent.

Chrome by Azzaro

On my skin, as others have mentioned, is a chemical mess. I can't make out anything fresh or citrus like at all in this scent. Maybe I got an old bottle... With all these great reviews, I cannot believe what I smell is so awful.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Very "safe" scent to me. I wear it on campus and I'm fairly certain nobody gets offended/bothered by this. As others have mentioned, its a lot of lemon. Nothing amazing or unique, although I do detect a bit of a woodsiness at its base which is nice. Wears very close to the skin, lasts 3 - 5 hours on me with 2 sprays to the neck area. I like the low profile this cologne projects. I have others that are louder, but sometimes I want something soft and subtle. 3.5/5

11th March, 2009