Reviews by MarkDavid

MarkDavid's avatar
    MarkDavid

White Linen by Estée Lauder

A true, American classic. A Perfume Legend.

19th April, 2009

Équipage by Hermès

This is such a warm fragrance and you cannot help but feeling ultra refined while wearing it. Equipage almost makes you want to check into a country retreat and ride horses all day long. To my memory, and while I have not smelled everything in the world, I've smelled my fair share - I haven't really encountered anything else like it. It is a typical Guy Robert concoction, very rich, very dense, and ultra extraordinary. The grogeous rosewood is a big winner for me in this fragrance.

21st February, 2007

Royal Ceylan by Creed

This smells very much like Love in White. So much so that I'm wondering if CREED re-formulated their classic base that is present in most of their compositions.

At first sniff, this is a mess. Its sharp and tangy and cloying. After a while though, it evens out into something thats rather interesting but terribly linear. This is a citrus floral with the emphasis on the citrus. I have not looked at the notes, but do I smell grapefruit? Grapefruit and ginger maybe?

This is not worth what they are charging for it and I don't care WHO got the first bottle of it. This is a nice fragrance. Just nice. Not Creed.

13th February, 2007

Nouveau Bowery by Bond No. 9

This is one of my favorites from the Bond line. I find it extraordinarily refreshing and beautiful. Quinpus related to lime popsicle and shes right, its definitely there, but I happen to love lime in any form so thats probably why I love this. I do think it comes across as a chypre, though.

11th January, 2007

Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Oh this was just terrible. This was one of the few fragrances that I have ever wanted to scrub off immediately. It smelled like Whiskey from the moment it hit my skin and still smelled like whiskey 3 hours later. Only after 3 hours did it start to evolve and then it just smelled like L'Artisan's Timbuktu so I thought "What's the point?" As far as lasting power goes - it was still there after I showered.

26th October, 2006

Echo by Davidoff

boring. great bottle though.

29th May, 2006

Tiffany for Men by Tiffany

What a fantastic, gorgeous drydown! The drydown reminds me very much of TABU by Dana parfums.

This is a very rich fragrance, best for late afternoons into evening.

15th March, 2006

Dia Man by Amouage

More so than even Gold, this is the one fragrance that makes me feel like a king. Gold is nice too, but this one is really bang on what I want in a fragrance.

13th March, 2006

Pal Zileri Classic by Pal Zileri

Terribly generic. Nothing that makes it stand apart. It's certainly pleasant enough, but not what I'm after in a fragrance.

13th March, 2006

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

Dior Homme was a big disappointment. Nothing terribly new or innovative from the brand that seems to take innovation to new heights. Started out ok, turned powdery too quickly and did not last long at all. After a while, it went very sour and I had to wash it off.

02nd March, 2006

Eau du Coq by Guerlain

A very nice, comfortable smell that I feel really takes you back in time. Longevity is poor, but it is an Eau de Cologne so you have been warned.

02nd March, 2006