Reviews by RoseanneM

RoseanneM's avatar
    RoseanneM

Incanto Bliss by Salvatore Ferragamo

I was so excited to finally get my little package yesterday with Incanto Bliss! I have all the other Incantos, and had to have this for my collection. The bottle is just beautiful, and the scent is very similar to the others. The major difference is the Yuzu (grapefruit) stands out as the predominate note, and it was less 'sweettarts' than the others.

Very Nice for spring!

Wrapped With Love by Hilary Duff

Not only is this a beautiful bottle, but I love the scent. I'm definitely not the target market for this (just turned 40), but I still love it. It is definitely sweet, and very different from her first scent, which I also love. The lotion is really nice too.

Vera Wang Bouquet by Vera Wang

A nice classic light floral. I just love it for daytime wear. Of course, I love most of the Vera Wang fragrances. The body lotion is very nice too!

It is fairly strong with just one spray and has decent staying power.

Fancy by Jessica Simpson

I'm not a big Jessica Simpson fan, but I really like this scent. For me, the almonds and warmth come out after a few minutes, and really stay with you. And I LOVE almond. There's something warm and comforting about it.

Sometimes I put this on before I go to bed, and I can smell it all night long, and still in the morning. So it has nice lasting power on me.

L - L.A.M.B by Gwen Stefani

Despite conflicting reviews, I really like LAMB. I don't really smell the pear and peach so much as I do the blend of florals. Even though Gwen describes it as 'green', I don't get that at all?? It is a very light pleasing fragrance that is very different from other florals I have, and I really like it! The gel/lotion are nice too.

Be aware, the 3.4 bottle is HUGE due to the lid design, and kind of klunky---the lid is weird and hard to remove. The 1.7 bottle is a better size appearance-wise. This will be my spring-summer fragrance.

Truly Pink by Vera Wang

This is probably the nicest rose scent I have ever smelled. Enough rose to smell, but not knock you down. Blended delicately with other florals. I love it. Very sophisticated and subtle.

Princess by Vera Wang

This is one of my favorite scents! It is unique, and layered with the bath products, lasts a long time! It IS sweet, but in a very pleasant way. I'm 40 and still enjoy it.

With Love... Hilary Duff by Hilary Duff

Like others, this one totally surprised me! It is so unique and warm. I barely know who Hilary Duff is, but after getting a sample--I just had to buy a big bottle. As I wear it the 'milky' warmth continue to radiate from my skin. I've even bought a second bottle to keep in my purse! I JUST LOVE it!

Update: After wearing this for a month or so, it has become one of my top 3 scents. I'm hoarding it now--won 2 more great deals on ebay, and got the gel and lotion.

There's something about this scent that reminds me of my favorite food--Thai food.

Incanto Charms by Salvatore Ferragamo

I love this more and more as I continue to wear it. It is sweetish and fruity, but there is just something so appealing about it. Brings me comfort!

And the bottle is like a work of art--I keep it on my shelf at work,and it starts so many conversations,even with the guys. I love all the Incanto line.

Sheer Veil by Vera Wang

To me, this is very similar to Bouquet. I like them both, but can't quite decide which I prefer. I kind of wish I hadn't purchased both of them. Too similar, but very nice and sophisticated.

Vivara (original) by Emilio Pucci

I'm still undecided on this one too. I thought I'd love it based on the description, but once I smelled the lotion, I wasn't too impressed. Especially considering the price, I was expecting "wow". But it seems pretty non-descript to me. However, the bottle is gorgeous!!!

Alien by Thierry Mugler

I'm still on the fence on this one. I got a mini of it, and I could smell it strongly even before I opened it. I wore it for a few hours, and couldn't decide if I like it. It is like nothing else I've ever worn. Even though I don't see it in the description, the top notes were lemon, lemon, lemon, and then definitely the musk.
    It is interesting, and would definitely turn heads, but I doubt I'll buy any more.

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I just can't believe this is such a big seller!! I'm so glad I only bought the mini of this! I like a very wide range of scents, and rarely dislike any.

But, I HATE it! So I've tried this 3 different occasions and have to wash it off after a minute or 2. It smells just like body odor to me!! The top notes are fine, but the dry down, ugh! I run in the opposite direction when I smell this on someone.
    I even tried it on my 5 year old daughter, just to make sure it wasn't just my skin. Smelled awful on her too. She said "Mommy, get if off!" LOL.

My brother has some very unkind words about it which I cannot post here! I can honestly say, this is the worst fragrance I have ever smelled!

Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

I stumbled upon this perfume while in Paris on business in 1997, and it has been in my top 3 since then. I still love it today just as much. The anise is wonderful, and it so unique. Plus the bottle and packaging are just gorgeous! One spritz lasts a long time!

Brit by Burberry

My sister in law just loves Burberry, so I keep trying their scents. This is the first that I actually like. When I read the description of the notes, I ordered a mini. I just love pear and almond, so I was pretty sure I would like it.

And I love it! Light and sophisticated, and not your average fruity/floral. Actually, I would say it is more gourmand.

I think I will be looking for a large bottle now:) The more I wear this, the more I love it! It definitely gets comments from all the guys in my office.