Reviews by Lisle

Lisle's avatar
    Lisle

Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder

Anything less like the original Pleasures I can't imagine. Perhaps people with a more developed sense of smelling individual notes could educate me on the similarities but I just don't get it. To me the original is fresh and clean, this is pure raspberry cheesecake and caramel. It's gorgeous but easy to overdo. One spray and people in the office downstairs were wondering if I'd opened a cake shop. I can even smell this when I have a cold!

One of my all time favorites but having had a few bottles now, why on earth can't Lauder make a lid that stays on? Do they not test these things being thrown about in a bag? Or perhaps they assume one spray in the morning is enough and there is no need for it to leave the house?

10th May, 2010

Pleasures Intense by Estée Lauder

Thank goodness I got this cheap on eBay. I love the original and I love the Delight version but this is nothing like either. Horrible. Starts off as fly spray and warms up to cheap washing up liquid. In fact, I have nicer washing up liquids.

10th May, 2010

Roma by Laura Biagiotti

This reminds me of a toothpaste in the bottom of an ashtray which may not sound that appealing but it's just the image I get. It's not flowery but it is warm. I don't get any vanilla but most of my perfumes have vanilla in them maybe it's masquerading as ash? Who knows, I love it anyway.

Agree with other reviewers, it doesn't change that much over time.

21st April, 2010

Dior Addict Shine by Christian Dior

I'm surprised this isn't the personal fragrance of some dodgy reality TV star. Chigwell chav for about 10 minutes then the relief of it totally disappearing. Thank God for small mercies.

Escada by Escada

Buying this cured me of having to buy something in a duty free rather than wanting to. I bought this before I realised that perfume manufacturers changed ingredients because I used to have this maybe 15 years ago and there was nothing else that I wanted. The initial few moments are enough like the original then it's just horrid. A bit like those nasty fakes you can get on market stalls.

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

This is vile and overpowering for about 20 minutes then it's a wonderful patchouli cloud that goes on all day. I find I have to spray and rub my wrists together to get rid of the initial hit. Is it worth it? Kinda...

I'm getting a headache just writing this review. Perhaps it's a masochistic tendancy that makes me wear this?

It nearly killed the guy I share an office with. Don't spray this and get straight into a car as there is a danger of suffocation.

Dolce Vita by Christian Dior

I'm fighting with myself to pick my all time favorite between this and Casmir. This is so wonderful. Reminds me of churches. OK, I can understand that this is not what everyone would want!

Lasts and lasts. Totally sexual but not in an agressive Poison way. I keep empty bottles of this in my wardrobe and spray it in my bag so I get wafts of it even when I'm wearing another perfume. It's lingers on clothing and everything it touches so try not to get it on a coat that you might wear more than once before cleaning.

The bottle and packaging are wonderful and it does give associations with Sophia Loren and 50's glamour but doesn't smell like it's old fashioned.

Magical!