Reviews by robbert

robbert
    Netherlands Netherlands

Black Aoud by Montale

Incredible stuff!

Incredible longevity, I wore a shirt to work on a thursday night, (applied on chest and appearantly my shirt caught a bit), and hung the shirt on the side of my closet.
    My entire room smelled for days! When I wore the same shirt to work on saturday it even drowned the fragrance I was wearing that day.

Citrus/Oud-like opening and then magicly transforms into one of the most beautiful roses I have ever smelled, and I smell alot of real roses here in a nearby town.

Males that worry if rose is too feminine, don't worry because it's kind of dark and no way when wearing it did I ever think it was girly.

Only wore it once and got 3 compliments, although at work with a lot of people (store).

18 June, 2009 (Last Edited: 25 January, 2011)

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Terre d'Hermes remembers me of conifers and sand! That's right, conifers!

When I was little we used to play outside all day long and had a pretty big backyard with conifers lined up.

We used to jump through them and play inbetween them, right in the dirt, getting messy.

Fast forward 10 years later, one spritz of TdH and I INSTANTLY felt like I was in the dirt between our conifers (which we no longer have due to moving).
    This is one of the things I like about fragrances, transporting you to a place in your head.

Furthermore, yes I can smell the orange and I kind of get what's being described as minerals. Love this fragrance and enjoy this as a nice clean fresh scent that isn't so generic as alot of other "fresh" scents.

Thumbs up for Jean-Claude Ellena

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

I don't own a bottle any more, but I like the smell of this fragrance, which has been described enough by the previous reviewers.

Don't be put off by people who'll tell you it's an "old-man" fragrance, Wear what you like and enjoy it! Quality scent

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I like the spicy opening which can be off putting to people who are used to "clean" aquatic scents (but I'm letting them smell all of my fragrances to educate them!)

After the spices go away, which takes pretty long, the most beautiful amber smell comes out. When I smell my chest, I still smell the spices but that's because the fragrance has been caught in the chest hair. Nice to experiment, for instance spray your wrist on one arm, and your forearm on the other arm. I try to avoid this as I don't get uniform development which I like, although it's a bit hard to avoid with my chest hair.

By the way, the amber smell really warm and I really like that how something can be slightly offputting to some (spicy opening) can be so appealing to the same people just some hours later (amber drydown)

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Not bad, it's popular for a reason, I even wore a bottle of it before really getting into fragrances. Compliment getter.

Although after having more experience with other fragrances, I'm not planning on buying a new bottle. It's over-exposed, a bit boring (could use some more drama) and I feel it's missing some fullness and smells a bit empty. Like a U-curve if that makes some sense.

Thumbs up because it's an appealing scent, and I initally like(d) the way it smells, although I won't wear it anymore.

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Reading about this fragrance made me super excited!
    Intellectually I got crazy, as I had to try and test this fragrance, and discover all the hidden notes.

Until I smelled it... I got dizzy.

After reading up some more, I thought, mm maybe I applied too much, so I went with lighter application and tried not to directly smell the fragrance, but just try and catch some whiffs.

I enjoy the base, which I like alot, but the top notes really throw me back and instantly make me nauseous sadly.

I really wanted to love this, but unfortunately my heart says no. I'm giving this a neutral rating because it's not for me, but I like the base and appreciate the hard work that went in to creating it.

I will keep it around however for further testing perhaps once every 6 months or so.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Smells good, a lot of people like the smell of this, but it didn't do anything for me than smell pretty

26 May, 2009

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

I'm loving this so much right now, I'm not quite qualified in writing this review, since I've only given it 4 wearings, but God this stuff is great!

Incredible sillage and also great longevity (easily 12-14+ on me). It's quite distinctive, so before buying definitely test it. I like the way cinnamon is mixed in to the opening of this fragrance, to me personally it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a very spicy fragrance.

Although I don't care for comments, I've already received alot (2 good and 1 so-so), so next time I wear this I'm going to go with less sprays to make it a bit more subtle.

If I had a gun to my head and was told to choose only 2 fragrances for my wardrobe it would be this and probably Dior Homme. Both of these can be used for alot of different situations.

08 May, 2009

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

My favourite, I almost strictly wear this and sometimes Antaeus when it is needed. With these 2 I'm set for life.

11th April, 2009

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Most disgusting scent I have ever smelled. urinal cake YUK!

09 April, 2009

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

I don't like the mint in this one, caused headaches and nausea. Don't overapply this one cause you might throw up! At least I nearly did :(

Longevity is pretty good if you like the composition, but to me it felt unnatural, chemical maybe if that's what you want to call it.

I like the concept though as I'm a big lover of Jazz music. I bought this one unsniffed, Not recommended!

Next time I'm at a perfume store I'll try and sniff the original YSL Jazz, maybe I'll like that one

I'm sorry for the thumbs down, but this one just isn't for me.

25 March, 2009

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Doesn't smell like the rest.
    I like to wear it to school/work/bed anything. I feel it gets better and better after it's been applied, the heaviness wears of, but the core stays and changes to someting a little more subdued
    I wore this to school today, got a comment by a girl "I can definately smell you!"

Lasts for a good 8 to 10 hours, but I can still smell it if I sniff on my wrist after about 12 hours.

Must try, the next time you go to a perfume store!

23 March, 2009

Antaeus by Chanel

Hey all, first review :)

Sweet and tough at the same time, tough and complex, and dark but still fresh. Pretty bold scent!

At least that's the way I feel about it. I like it so much, that I impress myself when I wear this!

Definately a must try the next time you're at a perfume store.

I can also recommend the After Shave Balm. Comes with a pump, and soothes the skin after shaving, plus it has the anteaus scent!

23 March, 2009