Reviews

Reviews by michau

Vetiver by Guerlain

Guerlain Vetiver EDT, 2000 version

Distanced. Cold. Down to earth. Emotion-less.

Descgribing Guerlain Vetiver* I'd be a liar if I said I love it - I am as distanced to it as discanced is this scent. Though I can't imagine any other fragrance for daytime and formal wear. Calms me down, makes me feel serious and damn self-confident.
I have just one concern: longevity.

Number one of my three/five Guerlain-second-skins (1. Vetiver/Coriolan - daytime, spring/summer, 2. Habit Rouge - fall, 3. Heritage/Mitsouko - special events.)

* Instead of Guerlain Vetiver this frag should be called Eau de Tabac, Hesperides et un peu de Vetiver - but it wouldn't sell as good as now, would it.
13th May, 2009 (last edited: 27th May, 2009)

Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

Coniferous heavyweight, but still green and crisp, sheer masculinity!
11th May, 2009

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

I'm still hesitating if I like it or hate it. The lemon opening is for me astrigent. I agree with Scentaddiction, jasmin middle of this scent, reminds a toddler turd. BUT. Powdery iris notes in the heart are so... Intoxicating. Sublime. Feminine and manly sexy subsequently.
Can't wait to try Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir version!
11th May, 2009

Aqua Mat Homme by Masakï Matsushïma

delicious fruit salad of grapefruit zest, mint, coriander in a musk bowl. pity that its longevity is poor.

Acqua di Sale by Profumum

rubber and strawberries in one fragrance(!)
i can find in this some hints of iodione but aqua di sale doesn't remind me the sea at all. it opens with rubber-latex, a carbon copy of comme des garcons garage, and evokes into stawberry cotton candy. very good longevity.

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

i'm not into aquatics but this one made me change my mind. at first bulgari aqua pour homme smells like a bunch of parsley leaves, but quickly developes into nice refreshing scent. thumbs up for decent longevity.

Versace Man by Versace

like Connoisseur wrote, it opens with bubblegum and dries down to smell of glass surface cleaner. yuck.