Reviews

Reviews by mentallo

Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

Very clean. Fresh. Cool. Young. Hip. Classy. Sporty. Smells like you just stepped out of the shower. Very nice.
19th June, 2007

Elite by Floris

Harsh and manly. Vetivery. Something a man in his late 40's should wear. A power scent for a powerful man (or a man who wants to seem powerful). Arrogant.
19th June, 2007

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

This is the Antidote to what? Smells like a million other colognes. It's not bad but come on, after Flowerbomb you would have thought they would come up with something equally unique. Very disappointed.
14th May, 2007

Jack Black Signature Blue Mark by Jack Black

A light summery scent. Nothing spectacular nor original. Nice.
29th April, 2007

Jack Black Signature Black Mark by Jack Black

This is a very warm and comforting scent. Old Fashioned almost. I like it a lot.
17th April, 2007

Anvers by Ulrich Lang

Love it. Classy yet playful. I guess it's not for everybody but thats also why I like it.
05th April, 2007

Humidor by Demeter Fragrance Library

Pretty disappointing. I get mostly cloves which don't smell like a Humidor at all.
27th March, 2007

Blush by Marc Jacobs

Underrated. A very nice romantic scent. Subtle and beautiful. I am very surprised not more people know about this frag. It's a real winner.
16th March, 2007

Black Walnut by Banana Republic

Deep and rich scent. Great for winter.
While not really original it is a nice bold scent. It fades pretty quikly though.
29th September, 2006

Slate by Banana Republic

Sharp and fresh. Could induce a headache in some people. Didn't really care much for this one.
29th September, 2006

parfums*PARFUMS Guerrilla 2 by Comme des Garçons

This is actually quite feminine. Both 1+2 are pretty feminine scents. They are nice though just nothing earth shattering.
11th September, 2006

Index Pear Cassis by Fresh

This is simply HORRIBLE. I don't see anybody wearing this. Instant headache, trust me. Why did they even bother releasing this?
09th September, 2006

Orris Noir by Ormonde Jayne

Beautifully smooth and dark scent.
A real winnner.

Mugler Cologne Summer Flash by Thierry Mugler

Like the original just adds a chemical that cools you temporarily down.

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

Like Escentric, I like this one also. It only contains a aroma molecule called "ISO E Super" and nothing else. You will not be able to smell it yourself on you very much at all but other people will smell it. It's almost a anti-perfume. The marketing for this frag is very "out there" and sounds like they really needed to come up with some reason for people to pay $135 for a bottle when you can basically make it yourself for $3. Besides that, I like the scent (woodsy).

Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules

I really like this fragrance. I know a lot people hate it. It is very strong and it stays on you for at least 20 hours. It's not a summer scent at all. It's overpriced that's for sure.

Original Vetiver by Creed

The comparisons to TM Cologne are not true AT ALL. It does smell a little like TM Cologne if you only smell it straight from the bottle but actually applied this is a very different frag. I love TM Cologne and I really like OV also. OV has greater longevity is a lot more dry and grassy.
You can savely have both of the in your collection.
24th August, 2006

Echo by Davidoff

Smeels like Hugo to me
19th August, 2006

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

It's simply a nice everyday summer frag thats all. Easy to wear and very accessible.
25th July, 2006

M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent

Compared to the original it's definitley more accessable. ...BUT... at the end of the day the initial freshness wears off and you are left with a less intense version of the original. As I said I said with M7, it seems like something somebody would wear when they go to a nasty strip joint, well M7 Fresh is something a younger pimp might wear to go to see his "ladies".

Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur is a great warm and gothy scent. It calms you and makes you feel warm all over. It lasts throughout the day and sometimes into the night. I think I will always have this one in my collection.

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan Parfumeur is amazing (Creed could learn from them). Dzing! is truly one of the most unusual scent on the market today. It takes chances and pays off for the person who is willing wait.
One of the Best, Ever.

Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This one of my top 3 Vetivers. Such an amazingly potent scent. There is not much going on besides the amazing vetiver but that's all I want and need anyway. Longevity is excellent. Goth babies should be nursed with this stuff :)

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I bought M7 a few days ago based on a sample I had that I really liked (I never actually wore it though). Now when I spray the juice on me I am a little less excited. It smells very old fashioned, like something from the early 70's. It's raunchy, like something somebody would wear when they go to a nasty strip club. It also reminds me of my uncle, who was a little like that. So....I don't know. Like most YSL scents this one is truly up to the person wearing it.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Awesome, one of the best. The true "CLEAN" fragrance. I also just got the showergel which is also great. When you first put this stuff on, it hits you in the face with its sharp citrus but at the same time you don't. It's a two faced scent. It plays nice on the surface but below the surface it just might kick your ass.

Baby Doll Candy Pink by Yves Saint Laurent

Very very sweet. Playful. Strong. Innocence with an edge. I wouldn't buy it for my GF but I can see it on somebody else.

Mark Birley for Men by Mark Birley

AWESOME. My favorite right now. It does stay on my skin through-out the whole day, so I guess it depends on skin type. You have to try it.

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

You gotta be strong to wear this, that is true, you also have be ready to get some seriously bad comments from people. Its horrible in my opinion. I don't understand what people like about it.

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

This one is a million times better than the original Kouros. reminds me of Bulgari Black. Mysterious and Gothy.

Gendarme by Gendarme

Overrated. There is something about it that reminds me of carpet cleaner.
22nd May, 2006