Reviews by cosmicbrian

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

If you like the combo of Bug Spray and Melons you'll love this smell. I'm appalled that today's male fragrances all have the same god awful aromas. Far from masculine, foul repellent initial smell and then drying down to a feminine soft fragrance that leaves within an hour unless you take a bath in the stuff. The responses I get with every current "trendy" male fragrance is always the same. Is that Abercrombie? Aqua? and so on. They all smell the same and appeal to a certain female type. Most guys I know reluctantly put the trendy stuff on because "she likes it" but asked if we males like it? Not so much. I don't know about others but I'm sick of the unisex smell. I'd like to smell like a guy and not be asked if I'm wearing some teenage boys expensive cologne.

Halston Z-14 by Halston

Where to begin? First of all lets get this out of the way.. "for me" this fragrance is the best men's fragrance out there. Every woman I encounter loves this smell and men ask me privately what I'm wearing. I play stupid and say I have no idea because of the stigma of using a once popular brand now reduced by snobbery to the equivilant of Old Spice. The snobbery needs to stop.

All these fruity smells today don't even compare. I swear I've went down the line of the most popular and each one smells like bug spray and then drifts into smelling like a melon and very feminine. Sure a woman likes that smell. She's either wearing something similar with a fruity smell or it appeals to her senses as soft and flowery. What man wants to smell like that? In a way todays most popular fragrances pretty much represent an over all trend for just about every thing. In short.. Just not as good as what things use to be in life. Music ( garbage ) clothing ( baggy, saggy) hair styles ( unkempt ) etc.. It's not so much that todays choices are better it's more about wanting desperately to find the new "in" thing even when it's just second rate.

If you are like me... Just a guy looking for a scent that will always get compliments and turn heads. If you are looking for a scent that makes you feel confident and you don't feel like you need to keep putting more on challenging you to try and find something nice about it when you know it stinks to high heaven then this is the one. It stays all day or night. If you are throwing away every fruity smelling expensive bottle of bug spray and melong balls this is what you are looking for. It's masculine and the average person does not think it smells cheap at all. In fact unless you run in a crowd of wanna be snobs no one really cares how much you've spent on your smell. If it wears well on you then you are good to go. Halston Z-14 is a keeper. Two thumbs way up. Let the snobs keep pouring on the bug spray. It makes this scent even more of a standout.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Horrific. I don't get how this foul stench is a best seller. Is it based on trend? Those who pimped it out are having the last laugh. This is black flag bug spray with a cantaloupe mashed into the smell before it quickly dies off. I actually snicker when I get a gush of this aroma in any club setting. Dare to look for a manly smell and the women will go nuts over it. Never tell her or anyone what the scent is that you are wearing once you find that masculine smell. Let the wanna be's continue to smell like bug repellent.