Reviews by Yumm

DKNY Golden Delicious by Donna Karan

I bought a small roll on at Ulta with both Golden Delicious and Be Delicious. They aren't Delicious. Once the GD settles down and the basenotes prevail, I am left with something that smells like a deodorizing soap. Ugh.

09 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 20th June, 2014)

Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

I gave this one away. It gave me a reeling headache, and once, an ocular migraine. Beautiful bottle.

09 June, 2014

Casmir by Chopard

I agree with Lisa. There is something in Casmir that doesn't come together quite right. It clashes with my body chemistry, and I am also suspect of the geranium. The bottle is beautiful. Periodically I take a sniff from the bottle, but just can't seem to wear it as it makes me feel on the edge of allergies and a headache. I've smelled others wearing this and it was superb. It's just not for me.

19 November, 2013

Obsession by Calvin Klein

Manly?

Obsession smells bitter and dry on me, and doesn't improve with the dry down. I can see why men might like it, and to me, it seems quite suitable for men. I have a vintage bottle from 1988, which is almost full. I decided to try it again after these many years, and still do not care for it. It doesn't say "hug me", but does suggest "back off, bud". I've a friend who wears it very well, and it smells completely different on her. I am a musk/vanilla/floral woman, so this doesn't work very well.

Pros: Nice bottle
    Cons:

27 October, 2013

Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent

Body chemistry matters

This scent smelled AMAZING on my friend. Soft, rich and creamy, with a hint of soap. On me, it took on a chemical face with a raw edge that lasted for hours. I finally gave it away. Ah, chemistry.

Pros: Long lasting
    Cons:

27 October, 2013

OP Juice for Women by Ocean Pacific

Synthetic Juice

This smells amazing on some people, but I am not one of those people. Strangely, musk is my thing, but not this musk. The opening smells like fly spray on me, and develops into something that is neither fruity, floral nor musky. The final result is very synthetic with my body chemistry.

Pros: Smells great on some folks.
    Cons: Smells like fly spray on me!"</p>

21st October, 2013 (Last Edited: 27 April, 2014)

Kim Kardashian by Kim Kardashian

Does smell like Gardenia, does smell like Michael Kors, but I like it better than Kors. Not so long lasting with my chemistry.

13 September, 2011

Guilty by Gucci

Guilty has too much going on. I originally bought it because of the lilac notes, but in the end, they co-mingle with the other notes in a clashing power struggle. This scent physically overwhelms me, and is quite expensive.

12 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 01st February, 2014)

Infusion d'Iris by Prada

I absolutely adore this. It is subtle, soft and totally yumm. Softly floral without being obnoxious; well rounded with nothing fighting to overpower the other. Something for up-close and personal. Truly lovely, and maybe my new favorite.

12 February, 2011

Hard Candy by Hard Candy

Hard Candy is warm and sweet with vanilla and carmel. I like it. Men like it. Definitely for a candy sweet fun feeling day or night.

07 September, 2010

Alyssa Ashley Musk by Alyssa Ashley

I agree that this is a woman's scent. Use the oil for a comforting, hug of a scent. I slather it on abundantly, and smell amazing all day. The oil has a depth the cologne does not, and smells much better. (At least on me!)

15 February, 2010

Love and Luck for Women by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

Tried this today at Macy's. The initial impression was musk and melon, but when it settled down, I was left with Freesia. It's a nice floral scent, without being suffocating, and I would be inclined to wear it in the spring and summer months.

30th September, 2009

Dream Angels Heavenly Bloom by Victoria's Secret

This one smells OK after the dry down. All of the Angels have a base that grabs the back of my throat, and leaves me physically uncomfortable and reeling from allergies. This one isn't quite as bad, but that grabber is still there. Pretty expensive everything considered. I'd rather have four or five good bottles of wine. Of the entire line, I like this one the best.

Jean Nate by Revlon

Generally I do not like citrus scents, but have worn Jean Nate on and off for years and grew up with it. I still like it, and still use it occasionally during the summer months. It's really an after bath splash.

Ciara by Revlon

I like Ciara, but only for the winter. This one hugs you. Men like it, so maybe one of them will hug you too! Not my favorite scent, but very nice. Someone mentioned the smell of a sharpened pencil when describing a different Revlon perfume. Ciara has this as well, at least on me. Play around with the different strengths.

Charlie / Charlie Blue by Revlon

I was always intrigued with the 3,000 variations Revlon spun on this one and never bought any of them. They simply do not smell good to me nor on me. Everyone is different. I don't hate it, but don't like it either.

White Shoulders by Elizabeth Arden

White Shoulders smells good, but doesn't last ten minutes on me. On and gone. Glorious on others, and not outdated, but it can do a vanishing act on some of us.

Poême by Lancôme

Remember the Brill Creme ad? "A little dab'll do ya". Good grief! I smelled this briefly on someone, asked what it was, and then bought a big jug. I've worn it twice. During the second and final wearing, I was in a car with two men, one of whom rolled down the window. He would have jumped had the car not been moving. Pretty much that sums it up. It can clear out a packed stadium. Lovely, but only for the briefest of moments. Nice bottle.

11th August, 2009

L'Interdit (new) by Givenchy

Just gave this one to the Goodwill. Loved the old one, but not this one. How can two things with the same name be so different? I concur with flat and stale. Smells a little like old celery and tired tobacco leaves. Ugh!

11th August, 2009 (Last Edited: 29 August, 2009)

Tabu by Dana

Sometimes I need to curl back up in something I wore in the '60s. It is a poignant comfort. Tabu is one of those little comforts. While I don't wear it often, it reminds me of honey, vanilla, spice, brandy and the mysteries of life. The color suits the scent well. It still smells the same, and I still like it- sitars, incense and all.

11th August, 2009 (Last Edited: 16 August, 2009)

Tigress by Fragrances of France

Lord I loved this stuff, and wore the bath oil as perfume in the 60s. How I wish I had some again. This scent was truly mine. There was a nice Tigress Musk as well. Thomas Wolf was right. You can't go home again.

16 May, 2009

Jovan White Musk by Jovan

I first started using Jovan White Musk when it was new on the market. It is my comfort scent, and the one I return to over all others. I have seasonal allergies, and this is the ONLY perfume that never bothers me, even during allergy season. I think this cologne contains mallow, and read somewhere that mallow is sometimes used as a remedy for coughs and bronchial problems. Interesting, if true.

Hope by Frances Denney

Yumm! It does make my nose itch, though. (Allergies) The bath oil smells the best, and I use it as perfume. It's richer smelling on the skin. Truly, Yumm. There once was a perfume called "Lost Horizon". Hope reminds me of that.

Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden

I used Blue Grass in college, but not much. I bought it again at Marshall's this past fall and remembered why it wasn't worn much. It makes my throat sore and my nose itch and burn. It might smell good, but I can't get past the allergic reaction. Don't know what aldehyde or tonka are, so maybe one of those is the culprit! All of the Elizabeth Arden scents bother my nose and throat. It would be interesting to see if they share a common base.

D&G Feminine by Dolce & Gabbana

This is a beautiful scent. It is light, but stays with you all day. I wear it when the weather warms up and usually get compliments. It wraps around you with a bit of warm weather. Love this one, but for summer.

14 May, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th August, 2009)