Reviews by truelateral

CK In 2U Her by Calvin Klein

Fresh, bright, yet warm, this is what I want of a citrus fragrance. There's an interesting feijoa note hidden in there too, very summery and tart.

05 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 09 May, 2013)

Fantasy by Britney Spears

Hilariously trashy candy confection, to me it smells exactly like fairy floss. The bottle is nasty and cheap and very very pink. I do wear this sometimes, in summer when I'm feeling amused by life. Nobody has attempted to lick me yet, but here's hoping.

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

Certainly sweet, but I don't think I smell like a blancmange when wearing it... there's enough warm spiciness to make Addict upliftingly pleasant. One of my friends had to sit next to me through all of a movie when I had possibly overdosed a leetle on the Addict, but far from passing out in a diabetic coma, he found it warmly attractive, if overpowering. The overpowering thing had more to do with my dosage than the quality of the perfume though.

Comforting spicy vanilla. Perhaps a spray of this might help a carb addict stop themselves from reaching for the biscuits.

J'Adore by Christian Dior

Beautiful floral that seems to suit a lot of people I know of different ages. Not too sweet or spicy, just light and... well, pretty. If it turns you gold, though, I'd sue the manufacturers.

Dolce Vita by Christian Dior

This is the first fragrance that made me desperate to own it. After wandering the perfume counters without a clue, my nose was getting tired of all the acrid nastiness that passed itself off as grown-up scent. As soon as I tried this, I knew I would wear it. It is a delicious spicy warm scent with some sweetness. On me it makes me smell like me only better, rather than burying me under a cloud of foreign smells. This is the perfume I wear most of the winter, and the one on which I get the most compliments. One bloke at work even asked what it was because he wants his girlfriend to smell like that.

I've branched out since then, but it remains my favorite of all time. On my third bottle.

Deseo by Jennifer Lopez

I agree with the beachy comments. This is a light, unprepossessing fragrance with coconut and beach traits. I wore it occasionally in the summer. Not too overpowering, not too remarkable, but very wearable and pleasant.

25 October, 2009

Mitsouko by Guerlain

Warm and spicy, if I overheat at work then this scent billows out from me when I move. I've had several compliments on it, and while it's not my absolute favourite, it suits a certain mood. I'm not quite getting the old lady smell that is hitting other reviewers, but think I can smell how it might go down that route on someone else.

25 October, 2009

Eden by Cacharel

Vile rotting vegetable smell, soggy, strong, headachy, sickly. I had to keep going back to smell it on my wrist just to check it really was that bad. I feel sorry for whoever had to share an elevator with me before I managed to scrub it off.

09 June, 2009