Reviews by Jack

Jack's avatar
    Jack

Jimmy Choo by Jimmy Choo

My wife received a sample of this with my creed order and she loves it. I think it smells great also. I think it smells like angel with toffee instead of chocolate. Its lighter than angel, I don’t really think this is a hot weather scent.

01st March, 2011

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

I think this does resemble pure malt and TV. TV is my favorite winter scent, and I think this is a suitable sub (taking price into consideration). This is vey nice, I am a fan of sweeter scents.

24 February, 2011

Royal Delight by Creed

IMO think this is an underated vanilla here on BN. Thumbs up.

16 May, 2010

Orange Spice by Creed

Little like kuros, just smoother. I think its very good.

07 May, 2010 (Last Edited: 17 May, 2010)

Bond No.9 Perfume Oud by Bond No. 9

I like bond scents and enjoy this, may never purchase full bottle but I need more time to decide. I gave this a thumbs up because I judge a scent on how I like it not the cost, if I were to include price/value in my review would give this a neutral for now.

16 January, 2010

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

I just got the sample today and was exactly what I’m looking for. I will be treating myself to a bottle of this in a few days. I don’t think its to sweet, but I like sweet scents like original santal.

13 October, 2009

No. 88 by Czech & Speake

I agree with Somerville’s review totally. I had this sample for a while and didn’t try it because it was floral. I usually hate floral type frags for myself (SMW comes to mind). But like it was stated in other reviews this is a masculine floral. It reminds me of what a “dark red wet crushed rose” would smell like.

13 October, 2009

Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

If you like GIT but hate that it smells like cool water this is for you. I agree this smells like GIT but it lacks the “aqua” note. This and Riverside drive are my favorite bonds.

09 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 15 October, 2009)

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Smells like "poo." I'm sorry, but thats about it.

08 October, 2009

Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford

The cold weather is on its way, and thinking of some new scents. This is very hard to describe, maybe sweet, leather, hint of tobacco. IMO this is a very pleasant scent. I like stronger scents and this does seem light. I may buy this soon, but I’m going to use my sample one more day.

IMO longevity and sillage are below average in this price range, but it smells great. I wish it would come in 100ml, at 125$ for 50ml is about the same price per ounce as my 100ml TV.

07 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 28 March, 2010)

Himalaya by Creed

I like the creed house. I just want to give another thumbs up for this. Great amber.

02 August, 2009

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

This smell great. It smells more like Chez than CW, and that's ok I think Chez is great as well.

02 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 14 October, 2009)

Astor Place by Bond No. 9

I bought this for my wife, in her words "it's a clean scent."
    I think it smells like chloe 2008 but lots stronger and that's a good thing. We both like products from Bond so this is an easy thumbs up.

Idole de Lubin by Lubin

I was looking forward to trying this from all the good reviews here, but I was disappointed. The notes look so good, but I get smoke and not so much booze. I had a sample of 1270 on one wrist and Idol on the other and asked my wife her opinion. After having them on for about a half hour she said 1270 ok and Idol not so good. This is only my second thumbs down.

Frapin 1270 by Frapin

I like this, smells sweet like candy and not so boozy to me. Anyway thumbs up for women, only for men that like the sweetest scents.

A Taste of Heaven by By Kilian

I agree smells like new harlem minus coffee note.

13 July, 2009

Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum

Wow sweet! I would love this for a woman, it would be the biggest thumbs up. But, for a guy way to sweet IMO. I even like sweet scents and this is to much for me. I get lots and lots of great vanilla. I still have to give this a thumbs up just because I love vanilla on women and this is unisex. But for a guy thumbs down.

13 July, 2009

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian

After wearing this a few days I agree with mrclmind. Patchouli is strong, and I don't care for patchouli anymore. I guess if you like patchouli this is the one for you.

My wife loves it on me so I will give it a neutral.

10th July, 2009 (Last Edited: 06 September, 2009)

Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

This doesn’t smell all that different than Lacoste Green, Light Blue, even Chanel Sport. I own Lacoste and Light Blue, but when they are gone I will go with Chanel Sport. I feel I have to give a thumbs up because I gave the others one. This is a weak thumbs up. These type of scents are everyday going to work or the gym in the summer, nothing more.

09 July, 2009

Virgin Island Water by Creed

I love this type of scent. Fun Fun Fun. I love sweet scents and the beach. Rum note smells great to me ( :
    My next creed purchase.

Well I bought it and am almost done with my first bottle(2.5oz kicking myself for buying small bottle). This may actually save me money because I like it sooo much cant imagine finding something beter. I thought the notes looked great, but that doesn't always mean good scent. In VIW great notes = great scent.

08 July, 2009 (Last Edited: 06 September, 2009)

Original Santal by Creed

I like sweet scents (esp vanilla/tonka) and love quality sandal wood so this is an easy thumbs up. I have been wearing samples for about a week and bought a 4oz bottle today. This was my first creed purchase (saks), because it doesn't smell anything like my Bond no 9's. This and riverside drive are my two current favs.

27 June, 2009

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

I was given so many samples of this I could fill a bottle, also bought an atomizer and they filled it with this. Anyway I love this, to me it' unique. I have to many colognes and may add this one, it's that good. Top notch "main stream" scent. This and dolce the one for men are my favs in this price range, really they are both just awsome.

25 June, 2009

New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

I just took back my chez and exchanged it for this scent. I liked chez, but I also have riverside drive and wanted somthing diff.
    I like these types of scents(new harlem) and wore it today, but I will wait for colder weather to wear this again. I like the Bond No. 9 line and give this a thumbs up. Sum it up a heavy sweet warm scent, perfect for a cold night.

10th June, 2009

Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

I come to this site to see what some of these experts have to say. I just love to wear different colognes to match my mood and plans for the day. I agree with others that this is inoffensive, well put together, can be worn at office or dating. I plan on wearing this to my wedding this week, and will wear it as more of a weekend type of frag. This is my favorite bond, I also have wall street, chez, and coney island. This is not a vote against coney island, because CI is so unique( I love coney island for what it is, and that’s FUN). A big thumbs up for riverside my new signature frag.

08 June, 2009

Black Diamond by Canali

Just used my sample and liked it enough to buy. I think it's a great deal for a quality parfum. I will have a beter idea when I get to wear it for a few days.

Coney Island by Bond No. 9

This is unique and I love it. Its not unique at first(lemon lemon lemon), but after a few minutes awsome!
    This just feels FUN and thats my style. Plus I got a free big bottle (refill) of wall st with purchase at Saks.
    Saks service was AWSOME!

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

Love it, great for evenings. I wish it was stronger, looking forward to trying the extreme when it gets here.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This is a great scent for summer days! Lots of mixed reviews here, but gets a thumbs up from me.

Essential by Lacoste

I'm going to judge this for what it is. A great scent for a summer day, on the gold course, walk in the park. I wouldn't be ashamed to wear for a casual night out either. Think spring and new beginings!

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

This could be the pefect day scent for a person that doesn't like to much aqua or citrus. Also ok for evening as well. A good all around scent. But, for me I get big patchouli at the end. I still rotate this in, but won't buy again.