Reviews by elbenja

H.M. by Hanae Mori

Cotton candy in a bottle, baby!
25th September, 2012

Halston Z-14 by Halston

Longevity and projection are a beast for me, and that says something. This is a very manly scent and I do get compliments. I do feel that it is a bit dated, but I do admit that compliments roll in. Definitely a 70s and 80s powerhouse. Break out the necklaces and hairy chests!

Tomorrow for Him by Avon

For the money, it is a great buy. It is the perfect scent to have in your collection for when you want to just change it up a bit for a day or two. It is good and longevity is decent. This was a gift and I must admit it surprised me pleasantly.

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

I agree with one reviewer that this has just had its time. I am glad I tried it once, but it is a bit too synthetic for my taste. The grapefruit blast at the beginning is a bit much, but this fragrance then calms down into a very nice smell. Get the 50 ml bottle and reminisce a bit and then move on.

Lalique pour Homme by Lalique

Interesting, because I love this fragrance, but my wife doesn't like it all. I think it is a superb fragrance with great longevity. It is unique and classy. Easily worth the money.

IL by Lancetti

So sad to see this one go. I wore this for years and it got a ton of compliments. A very confident, manly scent. IL was a winner, for sure.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Still the best signature scent for the money. Only bad thing is that everyone has it now. For those of us who can't afford the more expensive stuff, this one and Aqua di Gio are still the best, at least for office/every day wear.

Oxygen by California North

This is good and the company (and customer service) is excellent. In my opinion, it is a more natural copy of Escape. I have owned both, and it smells a LOT like Escape on my skin. It came out a year after Escape. The longevity was poor for me, but it is a good fragrance, perfect for the office or for summer. Longevity is an issue on my skin for many fragrances, so it will probably be better for you.

Eryo Blue by Yves Rocher

The longevity is poor and it is a bit synthetic-smelling. However, I do get a lot of compliments when I wear it. Good price, as well.
14th September, 2011