Reviews

Reviews by Ronaldtimmermann

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Pink Wig<p><p> Skimming through the reviews of Habit Rouge it's apparent that this scent comes/came in many incarnations, wastly different. I've tried a current EdT. .. There's nothing masculine about this incarnation in any contemporary sense of the word. There's also nothing equestian about it. To me it's overly sweet, pompous and baroque. In fact I think it should be renamed 'Pink Wig'. I could see Tom Hulce wear this in Amadeus, but not elsewhere.<p><p>Pros: Scarce where i live
Cons: I spent money on this</p>
19th June, 2013 (last edited: 28th December, 2013)

Melograno by Santa Maria Novella

I thought it would be a stroke of genius when in the aftermath of 'Casino Royale' I had friends of mine sneek a bottle of Melograno back from Florence. I was very exited to gift my then girlfriend with Vesper Lynd's scent of choice as she's a sophisticated and sexy woman in her thirties. Bingo I thought.

However, nothing the likes can be said about Melograno. I don't understand it. It's powdery and offensive to my perhaps unsophisticated nose. It dries down to a somewhat pleasant smell after 8-12 hours, but nothing I'd go through the initial experience for. I was dying to love this scent. So was my sweet-heart. Alas, we can't. Now we remember the scent for my romantic gesture for her birthday and not the grim disappointment of what's in the bottle. I'm so sad this couldn't be a high-spirited review. Sorry.

This scent might be right for you. Probably not if you're younger that 50. .. And it's about as unisex as Liberace and Dame Edna's lovechild. Caveat Emptor.
17th February, 2012

Escale à Pondichéry by Christian Dior

Looking for a birthday gift for my 12 year old daughter I consulted my 'Tried list' for candidates. The local perfumery dished out 8-10 scents, that were all light enough for a blossoming girl, pleasant, sophisticated, light perhaps even understated. In the end it came down between this and Prada's Infusion d'Iris. I'm glad I went with this one. I love the tea note and in the last 6 months I've come to adore this scent. I think she's kicking off with a masterpiece. Time will tell.

NB! It just so happens that I enjoy 'Green Tea' for what it is. I'll certainly have to look into some masculine tea scents and also Versace's Bright Crystal. Thanks for the suggestion.
17th February, 2012