Reviews by laral28

laral28's avatar
    laral28

Lola by Marc Jacobs

Really wanted to love this one, but it just isn't right on me. The initial spray is nice, but it really started to strengthen in the middle notes. It was really spicy on me. It may smell really great on someone else but the spice was just too much for me. When it settled on me it almost reminded me of Mackie, which was strange because the notes are so different. I am giving it a neutral, because perhaps if you are lover of spice this will appeal to you.

30th August, 2009

Ellenisia by Penhaligon's

This is perhaps my favorite. I love the gardenia which comes off surprisingly warm to me. I am unable to express everything that I smell with it, but what it reminds me of is strong femininity. I feel beautiful when I wear this and that is a powerful achievement for a small spritz. It is also long-lasting. I will sum it up as saying that this is a fragrance that makes me breathe a little deeper when I'm wearing it.

24th August, 2009

Billet Doux by Fragonard

Give this one a try. This is a warm spicy fragrance, but don't confine it to winter months for that. Instead, anytime you think it would be nice to smell a bouquet of carnations, wear this lovely fragrance. It has longevity without being overpowering. I really love it.

18th August, 2009

Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) by Creed

This is going to seem quite inarticulate, but I'm at a loss for words. This is bringing out childhood memories of going camping and waking up to the freshest air carrying the smell of the blooming outdoors. Cheesy I know but this makes me feel so clean as it settles in and then the simple rose starts to chime in softly. I love it!

02nd August, 2009

Acqua Fiorentina by Creed

I tried this one for the first time today. It is a lovely light floral scent that really settles well. One things bothers me though....I've smelled this before...it is haunting me. I almost want to say it was a Bond No 9 but I've tried to compare it to some I have sampled and I cannot place it. If anyone figures this one out please tell me. Back to my point..it is a lovely scent...just not that original.

29th July, 2009

Happy by Clinique

Honestly this scent is for the young. I owned it when it first came out and loved it. Now it gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. It is just too sweet.

25th July, 2009

The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9

The only Bond worth owning...from the one's I've smelled and sampled.

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

You have to give this one a chance. Don't just take it at face value...it warms into it's notes sooooooo nicely and you'll be surprised where it takes you.

Relaxing Fragrance by Shiseido

This fragrance is amazing. It has never drawn anything but compliments. I think it may be discontinued but if not...find it!

Halston by Halston

I still look back on this as one of my favorite scents of my childhood. No matter how snobby I get about perfume I'm still down with the old school Halston.

Bulgarian Rose by Fresh

Having actually grown and smelled fresh roses, this is one of the closest to memory. If you want something that reminds you of a rose but takes you down a different garden path this is not your scent. But if you truly love the smell of a rose...well you just have to hope that Fresh will bring it back one day.

10th July, 2009 (Last Edited: 23rd July, 2009)

Sand & Sable by Coty

Best Drugstore perfume ever. For some reason the first time I smelled Michael Kors I thought of this one...sorry Michael

Chance by Chanel

Okay...so you will hate me for this..but it reminds me of Calamine lotion we had to put on bug bites as a child. That said...I like it anyway.