Reviews by kittyc

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

It's intriguing that in an age of tooth decayingly sweet fragrances, AE is still on the market. But it must have a big and loyal following or Clinique would have binned it. I appreciate AE rather than like it. The worst thing is that I can taste it in my mouth as well as smell it, and that is never good. It's rather dry and formal, and in that genre I already own Miss Dior in several forms, including vintage. For herbal I have Bel Respiro, and for a sweeter and more cheerful twist, I reach for Chamade. There just doesn't seem to be a good reason to buy AE, although I do wish I could pick up those other perfumes as cheaply as AE!

27 February, 2010

White Linen by Estée Lauder

If you don't like the outburt at the beginning of White Linen, give it time. Good thngs come to those who wait. After half an hour or so, it softens. The fragrance retains a certain sharpness throughout, but cushioned within those lovely floral notes. The bath and body products might suit people who find the perfume to strong. Undeniably, this is a fragrance of great character.

09 September, 2009