Reviews by aubrgene

aubrgene's avatar
    aubrgene

Norma Kamali Incense by Norma Kamali

I just tried it on and this is real incense. I'm talking about the high masses performed inside a Catholic church. Initially, the burst of cloves seemed very evident almost reminding me of the dentist but the overall composition follows immediately. There is nothing complex about this fragrance, it doesn't reveal anything else other than the incense. I love it. I also own the Norma Kamali perfume and layered it on my other arm. The florals of the NK perfume balances well with the intensity of the "Incense". Again, if individuality is paramount to you, I highly recommend this duo. It may well be the Holy Grail I'm looking for. A thumbs up!

23 October, 2006

Norma Kamali by Norma Kamali

I was at Colette in Paris and looked at the fragrances they had. I saw this bottle, picked it up and dabbed the stopper on my wrist. Floral/Oriental . Top notes of Bulgarian Roses, Jasmine backed by the heavy notes of amber and patchouli. Walked out of the store along Rue St. Honore and after two hours, the scent is still lingering and releasing it's magic. I had to back back and purchase the bottle. I"m hooked on this one. Now I can't wait to get the "Incense" which is the more 'masculine' version of this one... they suppose to go very well layered together creating a third fragrance.

18 October, 2006

Feuilles Vertes by Creed

I consider myself fortunate to get my hands on this fragrance. I tested it two days in a row before I decided to buy it today. This is one of Creed's best "green" fragrances! It really reminds me of a morning walk in the forest. I can still smell the 'aura' of this elegant scent around me. A thumbs up for Oliver Creed-- this one is a winner!!

07 June, 2006

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9

Hello Summer!! This is one of Bond # 9's best yet. I'm glad I discovered this scent.... I never fail to get a compliment each time I wear it. I give it a thumbs up!

05 June, 2006

Narziß by Dorissima

I just got this yesterday from Scent Bar here in Los Angeles and what can I say? This truly is a 'distinctive and unique' fragrance that I discovered.

Named after the masterpiece by German writer Herman Heese, Narziss was developed by Doris Brugger. Narzizz is a blend of tarragon, royal sage, rose, atlas cedar, vetiver, tonka, fig leaves and sandalwood. It has a very rich and longlasting cedar and sandalwood drydown.

I sprayed MPG's Santal Noble on my right wrist and Narziss on my left wrist before I went to bed last night....I can still smell the Santal Noble, but the Narziss has faded completely. I still give it a thumbs up!

13 May, 2006

Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

When I smelled this on one of the " pods " at Frederic Malle's boutique in Paris-- I was smitten. It's the most expensive fragrance on the house and it's worth every single tuberose extracted to create this masterpiece. This stays high on my list as a "must - have"... specially fans of florals.

28 April, 2006

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

I was at the Prada store and a man walked by. He had a very nice "light, masculine" scent. I asked him what he was wearing....incidentally, he's from southern Italy. He told me he was wearing "Bulgari Acqua". I bought it the following day. I like the spicy, masculine drydown of this scent. Very unique from other
    acua/marine scents.

25 April, 2006

YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration by Yves Saint Laurent

If you're into a lemony/verbena kinda of day, look no further. I like this fragrance because it stays on my skin and is a rarity on citrusy-lemony fragrances. For that reason alone, I give it a thumbs up.

24 April, 2006

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I decided to buy this fragrance today but only after I've sampled it a week ago. This scent made such an impression that I had to have it. I've always loved Lavander but this is the one that I actually would spend money on. The Annick Goutal Lavande comes second.

23 April, 2006

Bois d'Argent Cologne by Christian Dior

On my last visit to Paris ( March 2006 ), I smelled this one and instantly fell in love with it. I never buy fragrance on impulse. I went to the Frederic Malle at Rue de Grenelle and stocked up on his 'classics'. Now Im back and just had to get this scent. I bought it today at the Dior Homme boutique on Rodeo Drive . Alas, it brings me back at the Galerie Lafayette in Paris. Now I feel complete- I love this fragrance and MIGHT be my signature fragrance for the moment!!

23 April, 2006

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

I smell oranges/citrus at first and turns into the vanilla/sandalwood drydown. This one is one of my favorites in warmer months. Love it!

21st April, 2006

Fendi Uomo by Fendi

I'm a fan of strong, masculine, leathery scents. This one fits the bill--- reminds me a bit of Trussardi Uomo, though I prefer the latter.

21st April, 2006

Perry Ellis for Men (original) by Perry Ellis

I'm pleasantly surprised with this fragrance. Top notes of Bergamot really stands out but then dries down to nice vanilla/spice composition. This one is a 'secret'. Glad I discovered it!

12 April, 2006

Molinard de Molinard by Molinard

Very floral with lots of Jasmine and Tuberose. This fragrance does not apologise that it's origins is in Grasse. It settles into a woody base but keeps the florals hanging in the periphery. It's a very unique fragrance. I recommend using this fragrance sparingly.

12 April, 2006

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I love this one. It's my favorite Musk scent so far. Starts out heavy but subsides into a wonderful mixture of lavander, bergamot and vanilla. I sprayed it on before I went to sleep and put a smile on my face. A must for musk lovers!!

18 March, 2006

Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I love Vetivers and have tried several of them. The first time I smelled this fragrance, it immediately set a different standard and quality. Claire, the staff at Edition Frederic Malle in Paris made it clear that it has 25 percent more vetiver and I'm hooked. I bought the shower gel and the fragrance. This Vetiver Extraordinaire is on the top of my vetiver list!

16 March, 2006

Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier

I saw it in Paris at his boutique in GeorgeV. I smelled ita but I did not get into it. The packaging is clever though.

08 March, 2006