Reviews by Esanena

Beige by Chanel

Initially very flowery and tropical. Gardenia and plumeria jump out at me, then I swear I get some awapahui. the drydown is perfumey and powdery, sweet with more of the plumeria than gardenia to my nose. I am not sure if I want to buy this because the powder irritates my throat, but it is beautiful.

Bandit by Robert Piguet

I dont know WHAT this smells like, I cant pick out any notes just yet. But I like it! I find it rather sophisticated, not Old Lady, but sophisticated and sort of think maybe in another 5 years or so I can pull it off. Its slinky black dress and sexy shoes with a smirk,ultra confident and devil may care. This aint no little girl's perfume, thats for sure.

Mitsouko by Guerlain

My first impression was old lady- old lady mouthwash, old lady liniment, old lady flowers.

Then I got old dead flowers and it got GROSS, nasty like sickly sweet dead flesh. I felt vaguely ill.

Then after it settled on my skin, about 90 minutes or so into it, I got the scent of a pair of panties, stored in a wooden drawer with herbs and worn by a woman who likes floral powders. After she has worn them- slightly.

Now all I get is- wow, I really smell good.

Après L'ondée by Guerlain

Herbal, floral like eating mints and picking flowers in the woods.

Cuir de Russie by Chanel

This is quite simply a delicious sensual erotic scent. It doesnt scream sex, it slyly beckons. Comforting and extremely seductive, sweet but gentle florals and warm leather. It makes me swoon.

Tabac Blond by Caron

Too spicy and too much carnation.

Agent Provocateur by Agent Provocateur

I dont dislike it and I find it pleasant enough,but it does nothing at all for me. I dont get the dirty body smell, but definitely bug spray.

Un Matin d'Orage Eau de Toilette by Annick Goutal

I want to like it, initially it smells crisp but the drydown leaves me with nothing but a sharp laundry detergent scent.

06 September, 2009

L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain

Very pretty, perhaps a tad too sweet. I like the musky soft sweet drydown, its pleasant and not cloying, it almost reminds me of milk and honey.

06 September, 2009

Kelly Calèche by Hermès

It took me a few hours to like this one, but the sweet subtle spicy leather scent finally won me over.

L by Lolita Lempicka

I absolutely adore this. I dont find that it smells like cigarette and sweat- Bulgari Black smells to me like a night out dancing- perfume,cologne, cigarettes, sweat and the leather jacket you wore on the way home.
    This smells like Nag Champa and funnel cakes at a fair in Golden Gate Park.There is enough spice and wood to cut the sweetness. I dont wear this out of the house much because I cannot stop smelling myself when I have it on!

Calèche by Hermès

Initially it was unappealing, but later develops into a soft sensual fragrance. I think it is a little old for me, but still quite lovely.

Versace Versense by Versace

Very citrusy opening, I smell coriander. Then it dries down to a citrus MUSK. The drydown is masculine, I smell nothing feminine about it. I would love it on a man, on myself I'd smell SKANKY.

Pretty by Elizabeth Arden

It smells boring and like a million other pink floral scents. Pleasant and harmless, but boring.

Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden

I was surprised by this one, I was expecting hard and its got fluff. Pretty with a sensual base. It isnt exquisite, but it is nice.

Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden

I once loved it. Not it smells cheap, plastic and sickening.

Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden

My guesses as to the notes were- jasmine, gardenia, tuberose and powder. It is quite sweet and powdery and smells like my 80+ year old granny's White Shoulders. I like it on her, but could never pull it off. It actually has a pleasant drydown, clean skin. Still, its quite old fashioned and the first sniff may knock your socks off.