Reviews by Stan Smith

Stan Smith's avatar
    Stan Smith

Live Forever by Ben Sherman

Politically correct frag. with dominant bergamot/floral notes and very good longevity. Simple and to the point, perfect office wear.

14th September, 2010

Boss in Motion White Edition by Hugo Boss

It's so boring that it made me fall asleep after opening tester vial.

10th September, 2010

Emporio Armani Remix He by Giorgio Armani

I choose this one whenever I want to be formal and inoffensive. Bought half price on sale, probably wouldn't bother for normal price...
    Licorice and Basil are most dominant notes for me. Not bad but not great, still it does deserve thumbs up.

07th September, 2010

L'Homme Eau d'Été by Yves Saint Laurent

I find this pleasant and useful during *very* hot weather. Interesting and complex.
    Complete oposite of YSL's opium.

06th September, 2010 (Last Edited: 06th October, 2010)

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Classic night out frag. Very strong and overpowering, monstrous sillage and outrageous longevity. Nuke in a bottle - easily ovedosed!

Scent: 6/10
    Longevity: 10/10
    Projection: 10/10
    Complexity: 8/10
    ------------------------
    Overall: 8/10

06th September, 2010

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

This one makes me gag, it has the same nauseating note as Crave.
    Wretched.

20th August, 2009

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

The first time I tried it on paper it was totally uninteresting. Second time I sprayed it generously on wrist and nearly suffocated on the bus - I thought that people would give me evil looks for wearing this offensive concoction - too strong, soapy and cheesy. Then I gave it another try... carefully calibrated amount on both paper and skin waited until it dries out... voila!

It has complexity, great longevity and nice silage. It has both qualities of Prada pour Homme and Infusion d'Iris, kind of unisex but who cares - first one to call me girly gets it!.
    Very classy everyday workhorse and with 200 ml bottle works out at 29GBP/100ml

Now I think people on the bus really liked it.

01st August, 2009

Ed Hardy Man by Christian Audigier

Very generic and uninspiring, lasts maybe 2h on me. Got few samplers and sure as hell I'm not buying this.
    Neutral because It's not bad frag at all, just very boring.

27th July, 2009

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

It's very well designed, interesting and complex, quite strong and nice longevity too +5h
    I'd give it 7,5/10

27th July, 2009 (Last Edited: 03rd September, 2010)

Unforgivable by Sean John

|----UNDER CONSTRUCTION----|
    Very subtle and non intrusive, interesting balance of citrus, champagne and "ocean" note. Gets a lot of complements from ladies.
    |----UNDER CONSTRUCTION----|