Reviews by aktp-iciook

aktp-iciook's avatar
    aktp-iciook

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Acqua Di Gio is phenomenal and very fascinating from topnotes to basenotes. ☼ It is great in its own creativity albeit overpriced ☼

The ambery basenotes started off with citrus punch is a great combination.

Sillage and longevity are moderate on my skin. Applying ADG liberally would definitely not offend anyone ☺☻☺☻

Cheers ♪♫

31st May, 2010

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This is my first Dolce&Gabbana fragrance and I do not regret having bought it.

D&G Pour Homme is a classic and unique scent, as others had pointed out earlier. The opening is very sharp and super-sweet with full punch of lemon and bergamot. IMHO, this is a very bold yet pleasant and hard to accept on your nose for first-time users. I get familiar with this quickly and find it very unique. It complements my fragrance collection well.

D&G Pour Homme lingers throughout the day on my skin and seems to project slightly less by the end of the day.

All in all. 9/10 for me.

09th April, 2010

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Allure Homme Edition Blanche really is nose punching with its full strength of lemon and bergamot.

IMHO, these are the only strong notes left apart from a mild vetiver and amber staying close to my skin. It is a very nice well-formulated scent but unfortunately, not for me ☻

I prefer Allure Homme Sport over this one. FYI, Allure Homme Edition Blanche is definitely a good summer fragrance ☻

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Lavender and violet leaves strike my nose instantly every time I press the spray. Very pleasant, sweet and spicy at the same time but not cloying at all ☻

This is one of the most elegant woody fragrance I ever smelt ☻

IMHO, formal dress goes pretty well with this fragrance as it has a maturity into it. Burberry London is a pretty unique scent in my cllection.

Longevity is minimum of 6 hours on my skin. Sillage is rather decent. Tobacco leave and oak moss drydown is fascinating to my nose.

☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻
    Wonderful British gentlemen scent
    ☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻

Cool Water Deep by Davidoff

Well, Cool Water Deep puzzles me bearing its brother's title. IMHO, they only share fresh and aquatic sensation but not the total impression of the original.

If "deep" means a deeper dimension of aquatic interpretation, this juice simply fails. I expected Cool Water Deep to be more on boldness, coldness, sea breeze or somewhere along these lines. I found none of these in the juice, which is irritating to me.

Instead, it is a very sweet juice with minimal longevity and sillage. IMO, sweetness is thanks to the incense note in the drydown.

☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻
    I still prefer Cool Water over this one.
    ☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Beautiful blend of vetiver with remarkable opening citrus notes.

I have to admit that vetiver has never been my favourite note but Allure Homme Sport changes my attitude ☻ I start to love it after 10 sprays with difficulties at the beginning.

Longevity is incredible and sillage is great. I can smell it on my skin after 8 hours.

☻▬☻▬☻ Highly recommended to try before buy as it is very pricey (approximately £53/100ml at Boots) ☻▬☻▬☻

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Armani Code is a sweet classy romantic fragrance.

After a number of sprays, I start to love Code more and more. I would recommend interested fellows to try it on your skin rather than a paper strip or a sample.

☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻
    It is genuinely a scent of "Armani Tuxedo".
    ☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻

Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss

Boss in motion is very invigorating and refreshing.

☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻
    It get slightly sweeter when it hits the drydown but definitely not cloying.
    ☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻

Cool Water by Davidoff

I have to admit that Cool Water is very aquatic and well-blended with exact interpretation of the word "Cool Water".

I'm not sure about others, but I find it reminiscent of "Creed Green Irish Tweed". I can sense the aquatic green feeling from both of these fine fragrances. Great job perfumer :)

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Caramel and chocolate punch me in the face.

A*Men is cloyingly sweet yet creative. I fully admit Thierry Mugler's talent to have created such a powerful juice. But I have to say NO to this fragrance.

If I were to name this juice, I would call this one "(TRULY)ONLY THE BRAVE" lol :P

Armani Code Summer by Giorgio Armani

Fresh, uplifting and musky sweet ☻

IMHO, I would imagine wearing this one in other seasons too rather than summer. It is musky and ambery enough to make itself wearble in any occasion.

I prefer this one over Armani Code ☻

03rd March, 2010

Pi by Givenchy

Well, Pi is outdately sweet and synthetic, IMHO.

I am sorry to turn down other positive reviews on Pi. I was almost fainted when I sniffed it with too high expectation ☺

It is a kind of "love/hate" fragrance.

03rd March, 2010

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

Highly masculine in a fresh, aquatic and sporty sense.

Sea weed note in Polo Sport is so unique and really fascinating to me.

11th February, 2010

Boss Selection by Hugo Boss

Hugo Boss Selection :)

Boss selection is my first and favourite fragrance from Hugo boss. I find Hugo by Hugo boss too green and Boss Bottled too plain. Having tried Boss Selection out at Boots built up my appreciation on what other say about a scent being "elegantly fresh and clean". Based on the commercial and its high-quality juice, I could not agree more to vote Hugo Boss Selection for "office and formal use".

Sillage is about right not to alarm others. Longevity is second to none. Elegant and polite fragrance, IMHO.

All in all. 10/10 for me.

05th February, 2010

Fuel For Life pour Homme by Diesel

I have to agree with many basenoters that Diesel-Fuel For Life is suitably classified as a sweet and fruity fragrance.

Only one thing to add (perhaps to re-iterate) is a well-blendedness and uniqueness of a REAL fuel's smell in this cute flanker. I have no idea which notes make the whole formula to resemble that of a real fuel. And when I say fuel, this means a real talent of the perfumers to turn this fragrance into a pleasant, unique and attractive fragrance. This really makes a fragrance standing out and very masculine. IMHO, you might consider trying this at Boots (if you are in the UK) to have an idea of what I am trying to explain.

Longevity and sillage are great on me too. I really love it and enjoy its smell after hours.

All in all. 10/10 for me. Diesel-Fuel for life can fit into the same category as "Paco Rabanne 1 million" even though they are both sweet but in a totally different sense.

19th December, 2009 (Last Edited: 16th March, 2010)

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

I almost reject to try this fragrance by neutral and negative feedbacks given in here. Even though I am quite new in the realm of perfume, I try them regularly at Boots to gain experience and sense of smell. I'll try my best to describe its fabulous smell.

1 million has a great longevity and sillage without overpowering at all. I find topnotes dominated by grapefruit leaving my skin and cloth (love to spray on it to remind me of which perfume I used in the morning) with very long lasting scent of sweet patchoull and I really love patchoulli :)

IMHO, it can be classified as a sweet fragrance as Diesel-Fuel for Life.

All in all, 10/10 for me. This fragrance really deserves its award from FiFi's (The Fragrance Foundation).

18th December, 2009 (Last Edited: 16th March, 2010)

Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren

Polo Double Black is far better than Polo Black in many aspects. The longevity and sillage stands out from its premium notes with all the notes working right.

Cardamom really stays on my skin for so long. My clothes can also retain its scent. That might be how Polo Double Black yield its longevity , I guess.

Cool Water Game by Davidoff

Very refreshing, fruity and modernistic version of the original Cool Water.

I find this one being casual and the best part is, its longevity is impressive. I really love to spray it over myself and smell it all day long.

Highly recommended for everyone as it is very easy to wear.

cK one by Calvin Klein

I tried this one at Boots in my town and did not regret having bought this one at all as it was only £10 for 50ml promotion.

Ck one is sweet, musky and very long lasting on my clothes. I can get back to my shirts and spray Ck one once again after sniffing.

I doubt it to be more feminine despite its unisexness. The top notes make it very sweet but the dry down is great. It is my first Unisex fragrance.

Black Jeans by Versace

Hi there :)

Just bought this fragrance after reading positive reviews on this page. I have to admit that I will regret if I did not buy one. The smell is so nice and stylish. Its drydown peaks my impression leaving the longevity delightful.

Love it ^.^ All in all, Black jeans is affordable with nice tin and well-designed bottle by Gianni Versace himself too.

11th September, 2009

CK Free by Calvin Klein

Hi there :)

I tried this at Boots today. Its aquatic scent stands out giving you a clean and refreshing feeling. I have to admit that I am kindof like it but cannot say it is really outstanding though.

That's why I give a "neutral" score on this.

06th September, 2009

CK In 2 U Him HEAT by Calvin Klein

Hi there :)

I finally received my CK in2u him HEAT and I have to admit that this fragrance blows me away. It is rather underpowering but still bringing you a fruity and refreshing scent. I agree with "Andrewthecologneguy" that you need to apply this CK more than you normally do to keep it last longer.

This reminds me of Tommy for him in some ways. However, this CK fits into your Summer fragrance regime nicely without being inferior to others.

13th August, 2009

Polo Explorer by Ralph Lauren

Hi there ^.^

I really love this fragrance as being a big fan of Polo Ralph Lauren myself. This EDT does not turn me down at all. It smells woody (agreed with foetidus), refreshing and adventurous as the name implies.

Only bad point is it does not last long on me. I have no idea about other people but the longevity of this EDT for me is 2 hours at most. The price is also a bit high compared to others, but not as high as Amrani Code :P

Brit for Men by Burberry

Hi there :)

I have to say that I am glad I picked up "Brit for men" as my first Burberry fragrance purely based on 102 reviews on this page (I could not find testers at Boots, Lboro). I have heard of the brand in perfume industry for so long but just started to collect some of its huge hitting EDT apart from my Polo Ralph Lauren EDT. I would regret if I did not buy it.

The scent is sweet and long-lasting. I think it is not overpowering for me. I really love it ^.^

Hot by Benetton

Hi there :)

I have to say I bought this HOT fragrance to pair up with my COLD one. The sprayer in the shape of water tap really rocks and worth to be part of my collection.

The scent is very strong and overpowering for me. I am quite amazed with how synthetic the scent is. I truly prefer COLD over HOT and it is more girlie too :)

Colors Uomo by Benetton

Hi there :)

I have to say the price had blurred my vision on this fragrance when I picked up the other day. I have to say the scent is unique and nice but I have to admit that I don't like it at all :(

It is overpowering for me.

Cold by Benetton

Hi there :)

This fragrance is the cheapest one I ever used ^.^ And it is worth every single pence you paid for. The smell is refreshing and unique too.

Longevity for me is superb ^.^

Recommended for every day use :)

Brut by Fabergé

Hi there :)

I bought this as suggested by my mom being told to be a sweet and accordable fragrance. She is right :) But I have to admit that the scent is nice even though I do not like it.