Reviews by vonMises

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

This seems like a well-executed joining Jazz and Quorum, as aspects of it bring to my mind both of these at various points while wearing it.

There have been many comments about a synthetic note in this, but after a few hours I am deciding this might be a light flower note (is this the laurel?) -- so light as to be missed by some or sensed as something synthetic. I don't think it is synthetic, and I also do not get the cigarette note some have mentioned.

This is a very good fragrance, and not controversial as long as it is used judiciously (as with any fragrance).
28th August, 2010 (last edited: 07th December, 2010)

Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

To me this ends up being mostly a sandalwood, cedar, and carnation fragrance. In many of the reviews here, I think too much emphasis is placed on the opening which is indeed rather harsh. But the opening is also very short, after which it quickly (and smoothly!!) dries down going ever deeper, with a sweet aura, into the sandalwood, cedar, and moss. (The leather is very faint -- I wonder if I can even sense it.)

This is the smoothest, most subtle scent I can imagine.
15th November, 2009 (last edited: 04th February, 2010)

Dunhill Pursuit by Dunhill

I will always keep an extra bottle of this on hand. It is wonderfully unique and perfectly balanced, nuanced, and suitable for just about any occasion. The success is in the application, though. It takes less than you'd think, and, no, it does not scream out its presence. But it is there, and serving finely.
11th September, 2009 (last edited: 19th March, 2014)