Reviews by baldheadjim

baldheadjim's avatar
    baldheadjim

Dior Homme Eau for Men by Christian Dior

Bergamot grapefruit iris combo is amazing for the first hour. Then it transitions into a sweet floral amber. Becomes a pleasant skin scent by hour 4-5. Safe enough for office. I like the scent but def not in love with it because of relatively short longevity.

12 March, 2014

Luna Rossa by Prada

Fresh and Clean

Citrusy bitter orange plays nicely with the lavender opening. Citrus dries down in about 30 mins to form a soft and relaxing lavendar bubble. Mint is almost imperceptible but its there keeping the whole structure fresh and clean. As one woman said to me, Its the kind of fragrance that makes me want to smell your shirt when you leave.

Pros: Lavender opening
    Cons: Longevity (4-6 hours)"

30th July, 2013

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Fragrant pipe tobacco with vanilla and dried fruit accord. Enjoy the way the pipe tobacco blends and does not overpower the other notes. Sits close to skin but lasts all day. More than 12 hours on my skin and tobacco leaf faded into dry sweet tobacco flower vanilla blend. I swear I can also pick up a light fresh dry orange scent too.

05 December, 2012

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Tried a sample of the frag and shower gel and immediately got great compliments. The scent has strong projection and longevity. Its a bit sweet but not in an overpowering manner. I can see this as a good public outing scent (dinner or club). Might be overpowering for a work frag. I agree with dollars&scents "it can get cloying, so easy on the tigger - spray sparingly."

14 May, 2012

L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent

I am receiving many complements from the ladies so it must get a thumbs up. It came in a gift set with large bottle and travel size and gave travel size to son. He remarked that he gets daily compliments too. I am wearing this asmy winter scent and I find the longevity to be excellent. Although I think it is kinda citrusy/lemony, I find that women at least the ones I work with actually lean in closer and are trying to inhale it and me in the process!

15 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 February, 2012)

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

Clean bright and green upon initial application. Dries into a sweet vetiver combo. Lasted all day. I'm talking over 10 hours! Only had a sample but I'm adding to my wish list.

20th September, 2011

Eau de Verveine by Penhaligon's

Great start. A masculine dry down. I noticed a pencil shaving scent. Is that the sage? Did not even make it in to work from morning commute and it was finished (45 mins) Glad it was a free sample

16 September, 2011

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

This scent was great from the initial blast through dry down and into the base notes. Unfortunately it faded just as fast. On the plus, it never failed at gaining a complement as long as a lady was around within the first 1.5 - 2 hours.

01st May, 2010

Vintage by John Varvatos

Finally a spicy scent that works well with my skin. The jasmine/patchouli/vanilla-ish scent does a wonder job translating the sweet/spicy top notes into the masculine leathery base notes.

01st May, 2010

Chrome by Azzaro

Bright and metallic...Scent never blends with my skin and has a type of unnatural chemical on initial blast. Seems to settle down inside an hour and base notes appear as light fresh summer scents. However it does not last more than two hours on my skin.

29 April, 2010

Vetiver by Guerlain

Classy scent but not old or dated. Works well with my skin. Stays fresh on me even in the south Georgia heat!

16 August, 2009