Reviews by musky_monkey

Rose Poivrée by The Different Company

If you have ever asked yourself what the smell of rose urine would be, look no further.
25th January, 2006

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons

If your girlfriend ever tells you that her fantasy is to have sex in an Eastern Orthodox church (or with an Eastern Orthodox priest), I would suggest you respect the church and instead reach for a bottle of Zagorsk.
Mount Athos would have been an equally suitable name.
24th January, 2006

Gingembre by Roger & Gallet

Very much in the tradition of Mugler Cologne.
Fresh & clean - great for a hot and humid day.
15th January, 2006

Brit for Men by Burberry

I don't think so - irritating sweetness & too feminine.
14th January, 2006

L'Eau de L'Artisan by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Smells very good and fresh, but I could not help thinking that if I walked past someone who was facing the other direction, that they would think a woman had walked past. As a male, it's not really the impression I want to leave behind.
11th January, 2006

Individuel by Montblanc

Just when I thought we were safe from Joop!
abuse, out comes Individuel.
Like Joop! Homme, Individuel users should be licensed with the police.

Rochas Man by Rochas

The sales person told me that the department store staff call this "sex in a bottle" - given my track record with women, this would also make it "miracle in a bottle".
Sadly, there was no miracle.
While I think the chocolate/coffee concept is clever and sounds good on paper (as with A*Men), I have decided I will consume them rather than try to smell like them.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

I was once trapped in a car with one of my Greek mates who enjoyed the top notes of Joop!
To satisfy this craving he would respray every 30 minutes.
It's been over 5 years since that fateful night and I have not recovered.
It is my opinion that application of Joop! should require a license.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

One squirt on the arm of A*Men was enough to give me that old feeling... the feeling of wanting to gnaw off my own arm (a feeling usually involving alcohol, sex, a really fat naked chick using my arm as a pillow and my need to escape before she wakes and remembers what I look like).
Perhaps it should be called "Scary Deja Vu".

Esencia Loewe by Loewe

Truly excellent evening fragrance - unique.
Slow users beware! Both my bottles suffered from rapid evaporation loss.
28th November, 2005