Reviews by costaleo

costaleo's avatar
    costaleo
    Brazil Brazil

Pi Neo by Givenchy

This is a fragrance I like to wear when I curl up to read a good book. It's comfortable and makes me feel "at home".
    I agree with the negative reviews in part: it smells synthetic, it's not really inspired, but I also tend to agree that it has its strengths. Being a Givenchy, we always expect much more.
    Test on skin before buying it.

13th October, 2011

Zen for Men by Shiseido

Very obvious and mainstream. I have smelled it before somewhere. If you want something cheaper and much more rewardfing to the nose stick to Joop Jump.

11th October, 2011

Only The Brave by Diesel

I don't find this boring at all.It is not as aquatic as some people here say either. This fragrance is rich and beautiful. I have over 100 bottles of perfume in my wardrobe and I could say that this one stands out. Easy to wear, classy and at the same time versatile. A must buy for those who like easy and not ordinary fragrances. The bottle looks even better when you have it in your hands, it's so beautifully crafted that the bottle itself alone would be a great reason to have this gem.I highly recommend it.

28th September, 2011

Escada Homme by Escada

Just received a 40ml bottle from Fragrancex. I had this gem more than 10 years ago. Grew tired of it and gave it to my grandmother! Lol... Now, after I became a perfume addict, I decided to give it a chance again. Thank God I did, because it is such a great fragrance. The initial blast is a bit too strong, but pay attention to its evolution on the skin. It goes all the way to become a very comfortable and charmy fragrance. NEVER , I said NEVER, wear it on a hot day, or you might get really sick. It's for more formal occasions (not sooo formal), and for nights or colder days. there's no mistake here. Great sillage. I have just spritzed once in my wrist to test it and it's the only smell in my room right now.

17th January, 2011

Blu Notte pour Homme by Bulgari

Its resemblance with BLV pour homme was a bit disappointing, but I got rid of it and kept Blv Notte, which was the best thing I did in order to find out about the differences between these two fragrances. Blv is moch stronger and the chocolate (quite perceivable) makes a difference here. It's also quite a versatile fragrance. I wear it in the office and also for a night out. It's very unique I dare say and attracts a lot of compliment from everyone.

09th September, 2010 (Last Edited: 23rd November, 2011)

Z Zegna Extreme by Ermenegildo Zegna

I feel the woods and herbs, very nice dry down, unique fragrance. The fact that it is not very known here in my country makes it a nice choice to stand out in the crowd. Poor longevity on my skin, though. I applied it 2 hours ago and it's almost all gone. It's a little disappointing. They create a wonderful fragrance and forget to make sure we can enjoy it for some time.

26th April, 2010

V pour Homme by Valentino

Very unique and rich fragrance. I even wear it to sleep, because it is very comfortable and relaxing. I find it similar to 1 million, but in a less invasive way. perfect for date...

22nd April, 2010

Solo Loewe by Loewe

Wear this on a hot summer day and its essence will show you how great this fragrance is. It's very well crafted, beautiful bottle and package and lasts forever on my skin, considering that it's a fresh fragrance. It also has great projection. I've just purchased a 2.5 oz bottle and this is my fragrance for the hot summer in Brazil.

19th April, 2010 (Last Edited: 26th October, 2011)

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake

The best fragance I own, together with A*Man, which is a completely different story. Intense here meaning, just "Intense", and I understant not in comparison wwith the traditional L'eau D'Issey. This fragance never tires me and the harmony in its notes keeps me bringing my wrist up to my nose to feel the fragance.
    Great lasting power, I can still feel it now, after 7 hours I sprayed it on me.

22nd October, 2009

Galbe by O Boticário

Very unique and powerful fragance with great longevity and sillage. Not like any other and a great purchase.

10th October, 2009

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This is definetly love or hate. You can´t be in between, simply because it's a fragrance of extremes. Not for daily wear, not for hot weather. I wear it to party and love to smell it on me, 'eating ' it like I would eat a chocolate cake. It's a fragance that can't be put into words, it's a fragance to be experienced. I hated it on a friend of mine at first, but after some time I started to change my mind (nose) about it and had to buy it. Today it's one of the favorite fragance of all the ones I have.

01st September, 2009 (Last Edited: 29th August, 2011)