Reviews

Reviews by nattygold

Donna Karan Signature by Donna Karan

This is so amazingly sultry; it's sinnful. Deep, evocative, rich smooth as suede.
The florals- rose, jasmine and lilly are so well blended with the patchouli, sandalwood and amber.
A man could easily wear this without questioning glances from others. Beautiful on either sex. Super sillage and lasting. Love it but hard to find though/
13th October, 2006

John Varvatos by John Varvatos

John Varvatos is a middle of the road scent.I don't get much leather. I wouldn't call it a true leather scent as Knize Ten or even Cuiron is. There's something synthetic that reminds me of Nemo. Maybe it's the fruity topnote
19th August, 2006

Prada (new) by Prada

I knew Prada reminded me of another fragrance, Zino by Davidoff.They're both woody and contain bergamont,rose,sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla.I like both but wish I had discovered this before I bought Prada since the eau de parfum intense cost me 3x as much as Zino. Zino even has more sillage than Prada intense, very agressive. As PaidFor This Name said,"Prada isn't the most inovative fragrance." It's nice.
01st February, 2006

Envy for Men by Gucci

I remember all the media hype when Envy ph first came out. I usely pass such scents up, thinking they will become way too popular. My suspitions were confirmed, when several years later I spotted Envy on sale at T J Max. I didn't buy it. A few years pass and scralling throught e Bay this week, I got a 3.4 oz bottle for $15, which turned out to be a great buy, because Envy smells exceptionallly good, full of incense and sweet spice but not too sweet and it last forever.I put it on today at 4PM and its't now 3:59 AM and I can still smell it. Chicago is large enough that I won't smell it coming and going.
27th January, 2006

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme by Van Cleef & Arpels

I've been wearing Van Cleef& Arpel the entire day.This was a fragrance that I tried back in the 80s. I thought it was fine but just couldn't get with the soapy base notes. Because of reading the BN reviews of VC&A I decided to give it another try. It's great! The soapy base notes are still there but I can now tolerate them.They're actually the mossy musk and frankencense coming through.I love frankencense and musk. This is definitely up there with Bel ami as beinging a great leather scent. A masterpiece that will be a wardrobe staple
19th January, 2006

Allure Homme by Chanel

Allure is anice scent though not so unique. It doesn't last long on me two or threes hours tops and no difussion.
10th January, 2006

Version Originale by Jean-Marc Sinan

I sniffed Vo from a G Q magazine insert when it first came out in 1984 and had to have it from then on.The scent is intoxicating. It starts off green chypre and fires up with a smoldering smoky intensity that's probably sandel and incense. I hate that it's been dicontinued. There's still stock availlble for the time being.
29th December, 2005

Or Black by Pascal Morabito

I love leather base scents and Morabito Or Black is wonderful; as it should be. Jean louis Sieuzac created it, the artist who also gave us Be Ami, Opium. The pepper is biting in a nice way and the leather is a dark leather that last quite well.At the end there's a lovely lingering floral note.
23rd December, 2005