Reviews by NaturalBornThrilla

OS Signature by Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

Well I will agree with the previous review about this one being another fruity aquatic just like so many other colognes out there. I will also have to say it's better on 2 accounts then those other ones....1.The Drydown is a lot more interesting in this one with the Cedarwood, Patchouli, and Musk notes at the end, most of the other fruity aqua frags like the eternity mentioned above only seem to have one smell from beging to end but the OS changes in its drydown almost into a different frag from the initial smell. Number 2. The price most people would agree that this one is so simillar to a lot of the other fruity/aqua colognes out there but unlike those ones that can cost upwards and including $80 it's $10 a bottle nuff said

Wrangler by Wranglers

I like this one its kinnda fruity and spicey and last a long time.

Oscar for Men by Oscar de la Renta

I'm from the the east coast of Canada and to me it smells exactlly like a sping morning does here. Sweet and flowery with a hint of woods and sea air. I love it for that reason alone, not to mention it's staying power, I can't beleive no one has mentioned it yet!!!!!!It last all day on me.

Candie's Men by Candie's

Blind bought a bottle for $15 the other day and wish I hadn't, It stinks and last to long to my nose. It's like its trying to be to many things at once. It wants to be fruity, sweet,spicey, aquatic ,flowery ,woodsy soft and musky all at the same time and to my nose all that together smells horrible and sour. Sorry I know a lot of people like it but I don't.

Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren

My girlfriend smelled this at sears and immediatly fell in love with it, so I bought her some. As for me I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me in the last month or so and now I do like it, it smells very fem to me. The way a modern young women should smell. I will say it's overpowering at first but after a 15 min drydown or so it's just right.

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

Well I love how it smells seems to be very sweet to my nose, simillar to Paradise from Sung, but its down fall is exactly the same as Paradise, it doesn't last. Now I bought this after a smell at my local sears and loved the smell and with the Polo name attached to it I immediatly thought of the original Polo and how it is made with strong long lasting oils and thought great I love how it smells and it will be long lasting, well I was wrong! It only last about an hour or so on me, and at $89.99 plus tax thats way to expensive for reaplying every hour or so. But I'm not giving it a thumbs down simply cause it smells great even if it doesn't last!!!!

Altitude by Swiss Army

This one doesn't do it for me. I kinda liked the other swiss army so I blind bought this one and well its not real bad or anything it's just something I don't think I'll ever buy again, just doesn't work on me but I can see why alot of people would like it, just not for me. On the plus side tho it does seem to last a long time on me went to work at 7am got home around 6pm and could still smell it a bit on myself.

Swiss Army by Swiss Army

Well it smells allright not great tho. My girlfriend really likes it tho so thats a plus!!!!! I will agree it smeels like a lot of other frags out there but unlike most of the other frags it smells like it doesn't cost $100 a bottle. Its a good cologne for the price and I would recomend it for most people who want a good cologne at a fair price.

Canoé by Dana

I recently bought a bottle of this cause it was on sale for like $5 and thought what the hell!? Man was I pleased the best $5 I ever spent. I put it on and was instantly brought back to a time long before I was around(born in the 80's) hell long before my parents were around! You know how sometimes you smell something and you immeadly draw an image in your head well this cologne did it for me. What was the image you ask? Well I'll tell ya!!!!! I immeadly was reminded of men sitting in a barber shop talking away, or a man getting all dolled up to take his best girl out to the new jitterbug club for some dancing and dinner, a man getting on his best Sunday duds and getting cleaned up for Church and a man allways wearing a shirt/tie and hat to work no matter where he worked . You know classic 1920's/30's sterotypical man and the things he does, when times were simpliar and roles were well established. Basically when men were men and women were women(sorry femenist just the way it was can't change history)Now for what I acutully smelled well it's hard to describe but I get a real stong sent of Baby/Talcum powder and vanilla in this one with a little hint of a medaciney(sorry for my spelling)type note to it. It is now my most favorite cologne form any others I have and I have a lot, and the fact that it's so cheap just makes it all the sweeter!!!!! PS it last a good long time to!!!!!

15 June, 2006

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

smells like Azzaro to me....and thats a compliment. I've allways loved Azzaro but it didn't seem to last that long on me it was that fragrance's only downside to me. With Rive it smells almost exactly the same(to my nose) and last a good long time, and I really like the fact that someone has finally brought out a new strong man sent. I mean I like sweet smelling stuff and soft smelling fragrances, but every now and then a man just needs to smell like a man, no berries or or flowers just spices and musk love it!!!

17 May, 2006

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This is another great one from the house of Yves Saint Laurent!!! Now I don't know why but when I spray this one the initial smell reminds me of a carbonated soda or something like that, that's kinnda stupid but it's the truth. It does smell great sweet and spicey like moms apple pie!

17 May, 2006

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

I really don't know how to describe this one except it's real sweet. I almost think it smells like a sugar coated watermellon with just a hint of spices(eat your heart out Martha Stewart)Seriously tho its real sweet last a long time and I love it!

Xeryus by Givenchy

I don't like it smells like medicine to me. I just don't like it . On the plus side it seems to last a long time.

Wings for Men by Wings

Nice fresh and clean smelling frag with just the right amount of sweetness and it last a good long time I loves it!!!!!!!!

Universo by Coty

Read my review for Avatar smeels exactly the same. I think Coty just changed the bottle!

Raw Vanilla by Coty

I really liked this one when I first got it but as I wore it It just seem to get very plain to me. So I stopped wearing it. I recently bougt a couple o bottles on sale real real cheap and wore it again. The same applies it smells allright last a good time just very plain all I smell is vanilla and musk.... but then again thats what it's suppose to smell like so I'm giving it a thumbs up just for being true to itself and not trying to be anything else! so to speak. So if you like vanilla and musk this is perfect for you!

Mackie for Men by Bob Mackie

It's Ok. Seems to smell a lot like Eternity to me. I do find it smells a ittle sour at the tail end of its drydown tho, but thats not a big deal just reapply a bit after a couple of hours. It does last a long time for being such a soft frag...all in all it's a good one but not great.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first got this one. I was so ust to frags like CKone and all those softer frags from the 90's that I put it on like I would put CKone on 3 or 4 good sparys....man I stunk and in my cologne induced haze I blamed the joop I thought it smelled horrible!!!! but I recently tried it again and applied one little spray...way better still very powerful and long lasting but not offensive. I think the reason a lot of people don't like it is because they either used to much or smelled it on someone who did but used correctly its a very nice smell. It really does smell like candy to me gut for some reason I also smell a bit of a tobacco in it even tho theres no tobacco notes in it.

Fendi Uomo by Fendi

I really like this one. It is a little heavy maybe too heavy for casual or office wear but perfect for a formal night out with that special someone. It smells realy good very classic smeels of leather and musk(musk is overpowering at first but dries down real nice in a matter of minutes) and last for hours.

California for Men by Dana

I like this one it's very light smelling and fresh and does seem to last a fair lenght of time on me. Nothing spectacular just a nice simple cologne good for casual wear!

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

What can I say about this one that hasn't allready been said. Well it's a very masculine smell..real heavy on the musk but its not bad. It does remind me somewhat of an old English Gentlemen's frag. I will disagree with people saying it's stong and last longing. On me it starts out strong but gets very light smelling in a matter of about 1/2 hour and my skin seems to just eat it away I find it doesn't last for more then 1&1/2 to 2 hours.

Avatar by Coty

This one is hard for me to describe It's very sweet but very soft to. I find it more simillar to those body sprays people are all buying today. Thats not ment to be a degrading argument. I like most of those body sprays...just a cologne or perfume should last a little longer and be a little louder then a $3 bodyspray. Thank god it's not to expensive cause if you like it you'll go through a lot of it reapplying 2 or 3 times a day! Does anyone else notice that this one and another one by cody called Universo smell exactly the same thats why ill use this same review for that one too!

Aspen for Men by Coty

Ahh good old Aspen. One of the first frags I bought for myself. Well this frag is simple so I'll keep my review simple . Smeels green and woodsy and last a decent time. Thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!

OP Blend by Ocean Pacific

Well its bottle looks cool anyway thats a plus. Seriously tho its not that bad of a frag. Smeels like Liquorish(or some other candy) to me. Which is weird cause I don't see any liquorish or candy notes in it....hmmmmm.....But thats the main problem with this one at least on me it smells like liquorish when its first applied and stays that way the whole time its on. Now most fragrances have diffrent smeels during the drydown not this one just one smell the whole time, it's not a big deal cause its a kinda cool nice smell just needs to be a little more interesting I guess. All in all its an OK frag very simple yet pleasing. I'll recomend it to people who dont mind smelling like a old timey candy store.

Polo by Ralph Lauren

I will admit this one is a bit dated and very very stong(DO NOT PUT TO MUCH ON!!!!!!!!!!) with this one the old saying has never been more true "less is more" I think that may be the reason a lot of people seem to dislike this one they either over sprayed it or know someone who did/does. But its not bad not for everyday casual use but great for special all dressed up occasions and yeah it does smell a whole lot like Christmas....don't know if a holiday can have a smell but if it can this would be it it's like Christmas in a bottle and I love that. What could be better then smelling like the best day of the year!!!!? It also has a lot of nostalgia going for it most people my age(in there 20's) remember this from the late 80's and early 90"s as the only cologne a boy should have and it really brings you back to them carefree days of youth and all that inteals. Its great get a bottle and relive all your best preteen and teen memories dances girls school oh Polo how you take me back LOL.

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss

I not gonna say much on this one except It smells bad and last way to long. It just stinks thats it.

Hugo by Hugo Boss

I don't unerstand why so many people hate this one. I usually can see why some people wouldn't like a certain type of fragrance...but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would hate this one except for the fact its diffrent then anything else out there, there is absolutly nothing simillar to it.And whats wrong with that? I don't wanna smell like eveyone else all the time I mean think about it every now and then it's ok to be diffrent.I will say its a very deceptive fragrance. When I first used it i put a couple of sprays on couldn't smell it so put a couple more then a couple more it was a good 8 sprays before i could get a little sent to my nose and thought this was the weakest cologne i've ever wore...... man was i wrong. Everyone could smell me coming from a mile away. I was so embarased I left school and went home that day. I still couldn't smell it on me on the walk home and didn't understand why so many people could. Then when I got undressed to get in the shower and threw my clothes on the floor and took a couple of steps away iy hit me WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems to have an aura(for lack of a better word) that doesn't have a sent for a few feet then once you pass that line its a very stong fragrance so trust me when I say 1 or 2 sprays is more then enough so theres a word of advise for anyone getting this one for the first time learn from my shame and embarasment don't over do it!!!!!!!!! It smells great(in moderation) last a long time and will make people notice you in a good way!!!!

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

I don't really like this one but everytime I wear it I get nothing but complaments from almost every woman I come into contact with...Seems to be a real pleaser to the oposite sex and for that reason alone I'm giving it a thumbs up and the only reason I will continue to wear it!!!!!!!CHICKS DIG IT BROTHER!!!!

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I rewally like this one seems to have an ability to be casual or formal its good for almost any occasion ..... from just relaxing around the house to being at the most formal Shirt and Tie affair. I will say this don't overdo er shes strong and long lasting!!!!

Cool Water by Davidoff

Nothing special about this one just like the name says its a kinda cool crisp smelling cologne and thats whats so good about it. It makes no promises other then that and it lives up to it. Smells great last fairly long and for some reason even after all the years women still go crazy over it!