Reviews by Panic

Panic's avatar
    Panic

Black by rue21

Very clean with a little zing to it. It does stay very close to the skin, but that's kind of nice. I was surprised that a scent like this came from a trendy little chain store, but something that smells good is just something that smells good. It puts off just enough sillage that if I'm sitting next to my boyfriend when he's wearing it, it encourages me to get closer.

Once I'm there, though, I can't keep my face away from his neck.

30th October, 2012

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

When I first got this one, I was looking for something to replace my favorite scent because I didn't think it was in production anymore. When I first tried this, I thought it was lovely, and didn't realize how many people were wearing it.

It takes a while to drop down to the base notes on it, and it has a very sharp top note. If you're looking for sillage, this has it, and if you're looking for longevity, this one is definitely for you. It's harder to get rid of than fleas. However, much like other strong fragrances, this must be used very, VERY lightly, or it's overpowering, and you get tired of it after a while and want to wash it off to try on something different. I would much have preferred that it have come in something other than a spray bottle, as it's difficult to control a spray. If worn sparingly, it can be nice.

I, however, tired of it very quickly, and would never buy another bottle of it. It ends up cloying in large doses, and even when you *do* use it lightly, it gets kind of annoying. After a short while on your dresser, you'd rather rub vanilla extract on your wrists than use it again.

18 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 07 April, 2013)

Jaguar Woman by Jaguar

I'd been searching for a new fragrance, and in particular I wanted something that nobody else really wore. I found it in Jaguar Woman. (It helped that I got it with a promotion that gave me a free umbrella with the purchase!) The fragrance starts out nicely enough; nothing too outstanding, and the middle notes cling for a little longer. However, the base notes are what really enchant me. The white musk, amber and sandalwood really blend to make a smooth, rich fragrance that's somehow light, and clean, too. I only wish that it was slightly easier to find (very, very difficult), and that it put off more of a sillage, especially once the base notes really develop. It stays pretty close to the skin, in my opinion, and once the base notes fully develop, they fade a little too quickly for my preference. But when I'm wearing it, I can't help but keep sniffing at my wrist or elbow, and it's the only perfume I've ever worn that received a compliment from anyone other than my husband.

10th September, 2009

Chance by Chanel

I found it to be kind of generic. My aunt gave a bottle of this to me that she'd received as a gift and claimed that it didn't work on her. It doesn't really work on me, either. In the end, it's a little bit blah.

10th September, 2009