Reviews

Reviews by Jackisblack

Antonio by Antonio Banderas

Basically Rose in a bottle. Has a background of I want to say cedar? It gets to business very fast, and it does its business very, very well.

Calvin Klein Man by Calvin Klein

Very fresh and spicy; definitely the kind of juice i'm into. A little generic smelling to me, Antonio Banderas' Dialovo smells very similar to this for nearly a 1/3 of the price.

Kiss Him by KISS

Wow, where did this come from? It smells good. I'm a fan of the band so when I saw this in the store I figured oh, why not. I tried it and it smelled really good! My nose says cinnamon over a woody undertone. The lasting power is not where it should be, but overall a really nice fragrance!

Diavolo by Antonio Banderas

Smells exactly like CK man but for a third of the price. Starts out very spicy, but then dries down to an almost rose scent. Very appealing. I like it.

Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

Wasn't overly impressed. Really just a regular floral scent. I won't be too critical until I can test it again in a better context!

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I know my review is pointless since the basenoters have nailed it, but this stuff smells delicious. VERY sharp and bold. This stuff means business. A good throwback scent.

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Christmas in a bottle basically. All the scents of the season. Very "dry" drydown so it won't last too long. Nice.

Tommy Bahama for Men by Tommy Bahama

Spicy and boozy. Smells very similar to Burberry London actually except better in my opinion. I'll be getting this one.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Awesome smelling (though a little cheap smelling) aquaish smell. I won't buy a full bottle but a .5 will do me fine. potent stuff

Bijan for Men by Bijan

Not very good at all. First 30 minutes it smells amazing. very soapy/green scent that I like, but dries down to Johnson's baby wipes. Though the bottle does look like a pacifier so it fits.

Hot Water by Davidoff

This does not smell too good at all...not only does it not represent the yin to the yang that is Cool Water, but it just plain ain't that good. take a pass on this fart spray.
13th October, 2009

King by Parfums de Coeur

Ok, let me start by saying...that I HATE drakkar noir with a passion...like really...This reminded me of drakkar noir, BUT...BUT it smells like what drakkar noir SHOULD have been. very soapy, intense citrus, cedar...these are the notes I get from it. They really should rename this draught of the living dead as this scent is so strong it could revive the dead. Longevity and Sillage are superb...about 10 hours of total longevity, 5-6 of which it projects well. Definitely not something I will buy because it is SO strong, but I could see myself wearing it when I'm middle aged definitely. If you like drakkar noir (not sure how anyone would lol) then you will like this and will find it much more cost efficient; about $10.00? Thumbs up for improving a so called "classic" and for being much cheaper. Oh, I also like the name and the bottle. Props.
12th October, 2009

BOD Man: Really Ripped Abs by Parfums de Coeur

smells like bug spray, and not in a good way :( i like ripped abs, but not this crap spray.
12th October, 2009

Soul by Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

I like this. I wasn't a fan of the original curve when I tired it, but I like this. I get an aquatic with a lavender heart. It's the perfect fragrance Ive been looking for to fit in for when im playing tennis. Not too expensive, and a nice smell (heat activated). Longevity is pretty poor. About 2 hours but 4-5 in the heat. I managed to get this for $3.00 at Wal-Mart! It makes a nice addition to my collection.
11th October, 2009

Romance Always Yours by Ralph Lauren

Smells very nice, I'm thinking of getting it for my mama
05th October, 2009

Escada Homme by Escada

boozy and vanilla. perfect for the fall/winter. I like. considering I got it for 9 bucks at Ross, I can't complain. This is definitely a more formal and dated (no thats not a bad thing lol.) scent than I am used to, but it just smells great. can't complain. I get a christmas/any fall winter holiday vibe from this scent.
04th October, 2009

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

eh. bought it since i got a 1oz edt for 15 bucks. sprayed some on. lemon/pepper overload then it dies down to nothing basically lol. took it back.
04th October, 2009

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

Absolutely repulsive. I wouldn't knnow it by looking at the notes on here. (Though more notes doesn't always seem to be better) Reminds me of that bottled stink, Drakkar Noir. Ewww. One star for the fragrance, five for the bottle.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This smells really good...enough said. Awesome blend.

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This smells great, maybe a bit feminine, but spicy and nice. Really strong, but what would you expect from a scent named after a drug? I could only see myself using this at formal events, so a .5 oz is more than enough. Sillage/Longevity seem solid. I will pick up some of this.

Armani Mania by Giorgio Armani

I actually really like this stuff. Its a VERY soft flavor on my skin. Nice florals, but then drys down to a rubber floral. Rubber in a good way though. As in natural rubber. Only reason i wont buy...horrid sillage and longevity.

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Lets see...how can i say this. It smells like a urinal cake, but it works...idk. I would probably never wear it, but something about it is good. I'll have to try one of the variants, but it is very earthy. I like it, yet it reminds me of bowel movements...if the smell of urinal cakes never existed, I'd LOVE this one.

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Strong, woody oriental. This stuff will get you noticed. Only in moderation of course. Apart from a momentary citrus blast, I get pure woods (hint of spice) on this one. I like it, but too mature for my teenage taste haha. Maybe in ten or twenty years.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

It seems to me that the only reason people are negatively reviewing this frag because it's popular. I personally have never smelled this on anyone, and I live near San Jose. I do smell quite a bit of unforgivable though....ugh.

Silver Black / Onyx by Azzaro

saw a bottle of this for $15.00 at Ross. Can't go wrong with that, I'll be buying it as well as Escada Homme and Set Sail: Saint Barts.

Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

It's really not that bad. Good clean citrusy dry down. One of the better CK's

DKNY Be Delicious Men by Donna Karan

It's not horrible, it's just horribly bland. mediocre in all categories. Has a sour drydown which I actually like, and the bottles pretty sick. Other than that, just pass on it.

Hummer by Hummer

eau de fart spray in my opinion. Sensory overload. Not even half good

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

Nasty. I like me some polo, but I don't like generic saline blasts.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

Ok, I think i will like this scent when i am in my 30-40's. It smells really good, and I can pick out the notes, but it just smells a little TOO elegant for my liking. I'll pass. Can indeed induce a headache.