Reviews by smellofvictory

smellofvictory's avatar
    smellofvictory

Polo by Ralph Lauren

Very, very nice. One of the most distinctive frags ever. Like the guy below me I used to wear this in junior high and it really takes me back. I'd be soaked in this stuff and go skating and get really sweaty...this is not a scent you want to be wearing during physical activity or in hot weather, trust me...

19th November, 2009

Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein

don't like it, not really masculine at all, to me...too fruity, reminds me of Candie's for men but slightly worse...neutral because it's not terrible, it's just not something I'd want to wear.

24th September, 2009

Versace pour Homme by Versace

Moderate sillage, insane projection....don't get most of the top notes listed here, what I get is a strong blast of cedar with a subdued tonka bean and musk base. The cedar, to me, is predominate through the whole process. Very woodsy, very clean, very fresh. Smells very much like Acqua di Gio to me, with tonka. I love it.

20th September, 2009 (Last Edited: 20th November, 2009)

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

very unique fresh scent...similar to Cool Water yet very different. Liked this since I was in junior high.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

Love it...one of the first colognes I ever wore, in 6th grade, wearing my dad's DN...fresh, yet 'dirty' and musky, unbelievable if used sparingly, it is the freakin essence of man if you know how to wear it... can be LETHAL if over applied. I would still wear this every day if I had it.

Candie's Men by Candie's

I own this...chicks loved this when I was in 10th/11th grade but I'm 25 now, and have long outgrown this sort of thing...nice smell but you have to apply very lightly, or it is an overbearing, headache-inducing mess. Nice for summer nights if you're in high school, but if you're not, really you should look for something else.

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Love it. Understated, very classy, strong but not overbearing....I sprayed half a spray on myself 10 hours ago and it's still going strong.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Let's get it out of the way: This is one of the greatest fragrances ever. I would not mind smelling like this for the rest of my life. Clean, incredibly masculine, almost intoxicating...like a cleaner, crisper version of Cool Water, to my nose (not that I don't absolutely love Cool Water). Like many others have noted however, you WILL remind her of some dude from her past if you wear this. Probably the most popular fragrance in the US, but for very, very good reason. Acqua Di Gio is the real deal....THE best fragrance of the 90's.

Aspen for Men by Coty

Used to wear this in 6th/7th grade...I wore too much then I'm sure, but this has a really nice smell if used very sparingly...smells to me, more like a cheap Polo than anything related to Cool Water.

19th September, 2009

Cool Water by Davidoff

Love it...one of the first colognes I ever had as a young teenager, but it still smells incredible. So clean and very masculine, to me.

18th September, 2009