Reviews by sydney

sydney's avatar
    sydney

Thunderstorm by Demeter Fragrance Library

This is pretty much what I wear day to day. Okay, so I understand that it's hard to capture what a thunderstorm really smells like.. It's different to everyone. But there is something about the earthy-ness and dirt to this that I just crave.

To me, it smells like wet earth, with sopping, down-trodden vegetation, and maybe a slight hint of ozone every now and them. The lasting power - amazing! I can put it on after a shower and still catch hints of it late in the evening.

Two thumbs up, if I could!

27 July, 2010

Jelly Belly Mango Pineapple Salsa by Demeter Fragrance Library

This one came free with my order.. I wish I could just send it back! Ok, I love Pineapple. I love mango. I would live off those two fruits if it were possible. But the Salsa? That ruined it for me. I don't know, I just don't see Jalepinos as something I would wear to smell good... I'm having a hard time finding a girlfriend to drop this bottle off to, but hey, someone is bound to find it delightful!

19 November, 2009

Lava Rock by Demeter Fragrance Library

I ordered this thinking, hey, lava rock sounds pretty rad, I bet it smells pretty rad... but lets just say, I think my great grandmother bathes in this. The only way I can describe it is that it smells like old lady, and not the good cookie baking kind. I am definately exchanging it. One good think about it.. It lasts. A long time. My bathroom still reeks of it.

15 October, 2009

Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance Library

I love this scent! I was hoping that it would be the sweet, tangy Honeysuckle that floats around summertime here in Washington State, but its a more softer variety. To me, I pick up both Honeysuckle and Casablanca Lily.. Two gorgeous flowers in one! One thing I love doing with this scent -- Spray it 3 or 4 times on a tank top from the wash, and throw it in with a load of towels in the dryer! It gives them a touch of lazy summer day that no dryer sheet can match.. Lasting power is much the same as some of my other favorite demeters.. Strong at first, that fades in say, 20 minutes, but just the right amound to get a sniff or two the rest of the day.. if you are close enough ;)

15 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 16 October, 2009)

Papaya by Demeter Fragrance Library

I got this perfume free, I think because Demeters website was glitching, and oh my goodness it is heavenly! Smells like a Papaya Sorbet, I catch one smell of it and my mouth waters. Its a very clean, fruity scent, kinda like if you were eating a papaya and it dripped down your wrists and dried there. I like to layer it with Demeters Rain, I think both scents complement each other so perfectly.

23 September, 2009