Reviews by nicolastutor

Apparition Homme by Ungaro

Reminds me a lot of Dunhil Fresh, somewhat of Chrome. It's non-offensive, light, peppery and green. Not to bad, but pretty generic. Well, my girlfriend likes it so that's enough for me.

18 January, 2007

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

I totally agree with some of the other reviews that it's very festive and christmas like. I think it smells way more spicy then other leather scents like Varvatos, and I don't get a fruity smell from this at all, unlike Varvatos' almost overwhelming date accord.

I think the cinnamon dominates in the opening, then a boozy drydown with a leathery base. I swear I smell something "salty", like cumin? but very faint. Also, I could swear there were cloves in here...

I also agree that it's masculine and gentlemanly.

I'll be wearing it this fall no doubt, even though it makes me want a gingerbread man.

My friend summed it up when she said "It's what a man should smell like"

31st October, 2006

Chrome by Azzaro

Smells like the 90s because everyone wore it then, even my grandma and her 12 cats. Not so bad if you like the 90s, but don't expect something ground breaking and contemporary.

23 October, 2006

Blu Notte pour Homme by Bulgari

This has some notes I really like, but they are overwhelmed by something that smells excactly like my son's baby wipes. Plus I think I smell way to much of something else... Maybe ginger? (I'm not good at picking out notes). It clashes. I'll just say that my humble opinion is that it's pretty gross. But it's not as putrid as the womens version.

19 October, 2006

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

I love this one so much! Don't get me wrong, I like sweet frags (big fan of Pi) but after the top fades, this one is not that sweet at all. It's not too dry by any means, but the dryness and sweetness are perfectly combined. The clove is actually pretty mellow, and it smoothly blends right into the amber in the drydown. The clove (or is it ginger I smell?) sticks around for a long time, but gets more muted in the base. It's very strange to say, but it goes good with coffee on a cold morning.
    I also think it's very similar to xs, but I give the nod to Herrera, just cause it's so much more vibrent.

19 October, 2006

Boss Selection by Hugo Boss

If you like boss then you'll love this one, since it is a little better then the others.

I don't have the greatest nose, so I can't tell you the notes, plus it smells so synthetic its hard to even pick one out. Since I've tried to wash it out 4 hours ago and it's still infecting my nostrals, I would say it's got a lot of staying power.

So here's my impression: it smells just like the other boss frags. It's going for a clean, kinda old school citrus smell, but it seems really muddled, like there are too many notes... it gives me a headache.

You'll probably be able to pick it up in marshells or tj maxx or wherever in a few months. But I would not recommend spending a lot of money on it.

17 October, 2006

Pure Vetiver by Azzaro

I don't like vetiver extrodinaire so I was wary of this, but since so many reviews on here said it doesn't smell like vetiver, I decided to buy it when I saw it on sale for 10 bucks. It's really not that bad, but nothing to write home about. I think like the ginger and tea, but it seems to synthetic or something on me. If you see it on sale pick it up, the bottle is nice too.

12 June, 2006

Burberry for Men by Burberry

The Burberry I'm thinking of came out in 97, I believe, under the name burberry, in a yellow bottle with a silver cap. I think it smells like bug spray. But in a good way. Maybe it's the pine and mint and especially the lavender (which always smells medicianal to me, since we had some mosqito repellent with lavander when I was a kid.) All in all, it's the perfect blend of sharp sweet scent with heavy woodsy base. My personal favorate.

03 June, 2006

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

This is the only frag that has actually given me a stomach ache. I really wish they would discontinue it...

20th May, 2006

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

My friend got this when he turned thirteen as a "coming of age" gag gift. (along with razors and a tie) He wore it anyway, and now it reminds me of all the fun we had back then.

18 May, 2006

Amor Amor by Cacharel

I smelled this on a woman and immediatly thought she was tying on bulgari for men. It seems to have a nice peppery note like bulgari, but with a warmer base... I wouldn't mind wearing it myself.

15 May, 2006

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

At first I thought this just smelled like lemon bathroom cleaner, but I have come to appriciate it. It does seem to have an er, urine note? Not too bad, plus the rest of the smell makes up for it.

09 May, 2006

Catalyst for Men by Halston

Got this when I turned 12. I recently found a 3.4 oz for 10 bucks at tj maxx. I had thought it was discontinued or something. I was glad to find it again. I think it smells the best in the spring, before it gets really hot. It's floral notes seem appropriate for spring.

08 May, 2006

M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent

I don't know why I love this so much since it smells like I spilled grapefruit juice all over me... but I do. I love it so much. So so much. But I can't find it.

Chic for Men by Carolina Herrera

Have you ever used old spice pure sport? This smells EXACTLY like it. One note is different durring drydown, but that's it. So if you want to know how this smells, go to your nearest supermarket and smell a pure sport deoderent stick. That being said, I happen to love the smell so I totally recomment Chic, unless you are worried about paying $40 for a scent that you could get for like three bucks at Safeway. 24, Ca, USA

Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I feel really guilty saying this, because they were so nice sending me free samples and whatnot. But this smells like death. Someone described this as smelling of musty basements. I think a crypt comes more readily to mind. Probably the worst thing I have ever put near my nose. When my friends come over I let them have a sniff just so I can watch the revoltion on their faces. 24, CA, USA

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

In the summer we have a problem with grass fires around here. The smell that permiates the air on these hot, windless days is almost excactly mirrored by this migraine-inducing fragrence. I admit I never gave it a chance to settle down, but after the first 15 minutes, I started feeling that sickening pounding in my head. 24, Ca, USA

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I love this smell! It would be great on a woman, although the only girl who's opinion I asked said it smelled like bug spray... If you are a man, stay away. Why this is a unisex frag, I will never know. 24, Ca, USA.

Weekend for Men by Burberry

This was really popular with the Asian kids at my school back in '98. I remember my friend always smelled like this. It smells like powdery lemon scented tissue, as one person has already mentioned. I still like it though. 24, Ca, USA.

Pi by Givenchy

I was given this by a woman from Japan. She wore it more then I did. Years later, I have rediscovered it, so to speak. And the vanilla and pineapple notes are really more unique then I remember. One of my favorates. CA, USA

Nomad by Crabtree & Evelyn

I love this simple fragrence. It doesn't evolve much, but it has a sweet mellow woodsy tone. I think it smells modern, but not cheep and synthetic.

Le Roy Soleil Homme by Salvador Dali

I don't smell any of those delicious and exotic notes listed. All I smell is orange, orange and more orange. Smells very much like CK Crave. Nevertheless, it's still alright. 24, Ca, US.

Le Dandy by D'Orsay

Smells like the cinnimon air freshener we have in our bathroom. Or some type of scented christmas candle. 24, Ca, USA