Reviews by tsprague1

tsprague1's avatar
    tsprague1

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I like Drakkar Noir. When used properly (not bathing in it) it is rather quiet and sophisticated. A little bit does go a long way, though. It is easily over used.

31st October, 2009

In Bloom (original) by Avon

I love this perfume. It is rather light and flowery, but not heavy flowery.

26 October, 2009

Spellbound by Estée Lauder

I first encountered Spellbound the first year that it was released. My brother had given me an Estee Lauder perfume gift set for Christmas. I believe that there were 7 perfumes in it. I tried all of them and found them not to my liking. Most of them were far too strong, or had the wrong notes.

I grew up wearing White Shoulders and Shalimar. The scents that my Mom and Grandmother's used. I never envisioned changing my scent.

Using Spellbound changed my life. Really. :) I felt better when I was wearing it. I became a bit more outgoing and left my house much more often.

I do a lot of work in family history libraries, and learned early about how easy it is to put too much scent on. Having your chosen scent announce you to the room never appealed to me, or my sinus's.

Spellbound is best if it is layered. 1 (and I do mean -1-) drop of perfume goes on my bra at the front. I use the body lotion after I shower, but not all over. If I am going out at night, I will use the shower gel and the powder, but very limited with each. They complement each other beautifully.

I have never been more upset, and angry, at a company in my life as when I found out that Estee Lauder discontinued everything but the perfume. I felt like I had been betrayed.

17 October, 2009