Reviews by nunezm58

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

This fragrance is an absolute "musc" in any well-heeled fragrance fan. Will be soon available in the US (Fall 2009) under the regular Serge Lutens label, available in selected stores.

18 April, 2009

Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur

During a recent visit to Paris I stumbled upon the L'Artisan Parfumeur store at Musee Louvre. I tried this fragance, and was instantly smitten by it. I agree with many reviewers that classify it as "the most masculine L'Artisan scent". The spice (apparently based on the legendary "absinthe" or wormwood plant with alleged alucinogenic properties that caused people to see "la fee verte" during those Toulouse Lautrec can-can fin-de-secle days in Paris) is enrobed in liquorice and anise, wood notes, and even some citric afternotes (which are quite rare). It has a good fixer and lasts all day. A wonderful find, very much a smoothly intoxicating night/wintery fragance, it screams to be worm at night.

21st December, 2006

Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur

On a recent trip to Paris I stopped at the shop of L'Artisan Parfumeur located at the shopping arcade inside Musee Louvre. I was amazed at the variety of parfums, and everyone was incredibly authentic! Spicy, floral, fruity...but I was most impressed by Tea for Two. It truly reproduces the delicate scent of black (with a hint of white) tea, and a sweet front note of honey. It later melts warmly into milky smoothness reminiscent of a mixture of citrus (bergamot) and spice. Wonderfully simple, with a strong fixer, it lasts all day. Great buy! I loved it...!

21st December, 2006

Eau de Santal by Floris

This is a wonderful fragance but hard to find in the US. Neiman Marcus used to carry it, but no longer does. Can be found in some internet sites. Great sandalwood and bergamot notes, rich and long-lasting. Always get complimented when I use it.

Millésime Impérial by Creed

Every time I use this fragance I get compliments from both women and men. I am impressed with it, and so was my lover. I do not agree with other reviewers that have stated that it does not last enough...I have worn it from 6:00am to 12:00 midnight and STILL get complimented! This is a kudos for Creed. Very elegant, sensual, and sophisticated fragance. If you like Millisime Imperial, you may want to try Annick Goutai, or Eau de Santal by Floris.

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Love Eau Savage! Try Eau Savage EXTREME (Black bottle). Much better fixer, lasts longer than regular Eau Savage.