Reviews by Carrie

DKNY Delicious Night by Donna Karan

Exactly my kind of perfume. A delicious, juicy floriental. Opens with a burst of pomelo and blackberry and settles into the musky sexiness of patchouli, myrrh and amber, enhanced by floral hints of freesia, orchid, jasmine and iris. I love that it has the strength of an oriental whilst holding onto a core of deep, dark fruits and florals.

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

Revolting! I bought it, sprayed it a few times just to see if it really was as bad as I first thought, then binned it. Even the thought of it makes me queasy... that sickly sweet, artificial nastiness that is Pink Sugar. I went along with Sephora's recommendation that it was an oriental... and was enticed by the description of 'a journey through the pleasures and flavors of childhood with a playful blend of vanilla and caramel.' Yeah, right! Only if you'd eaten a ton of that vanilla and caramel and then sat in a stuffy, overheated car for hours on end, sucking in petrol fumes and engine grease along the way!

212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera

Exactly what it says in the title: SEXY! I always get compliments when I'm wearing this and men often stop to ask me what I'm wearing when it lingers upon passing. I often find myself trying to get a whiff of it myself throughout the day because I know that it smells divine. Deeply floral and feminine, one spray in the morning gives you an entire days worth of rose pepper, gardenia and floral petals, warmed by a core of sandalwood and musk, and sweetened by a hint of vanilla and cotton candy. A perfect blend of floral, sweet musk.

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Bought this after smelling the beauty of it on someone else. On them it smelled utterly unique and vibrantly floriental. On me, however, it smelled cloying, powdery and sweet - everything I hate in a perfume. I'd give it 2 stars though, on the basis of how beautiful and head-turning it smells on other people.

L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake

Didn't leave an overwhelmingly good impression on me. I'm not into marine scents at the best of times so maybe I'm the wrong person to be reviewing L'Eau D'Issey but I just didn't like the whole fresh water/florals thing.

Happy by Clinique

I find it difficult to get happy about this fragrance. For all its sickly sweetness, it's just plain boring. I find it's the kind of fragrance that doesn't have an identity of its own; a generic blend of sickly sweet floral and even sweeter citrus. It reminds me of alcopops and the binge drinking-induced morning hangover. Should have a teenage age limit.

J'Adore by Christian Dior

A screamingly overpowering floral that screams and shouts in bright, glaring lights. Too loud; an unrefined scent that heads straight for the pit of your stomach.