Reviews by onanendlessquest

onanendlessquest's avatar
    onanendlessquest

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I can not say this any better than MikeD. This is like genuine dried lavender crushed in a mortar and pestle. It is very similar to Encens et Lavande but somehow feels "cooler". It has a lighter feel than the Encens et Lavande that I find more wearable for myself. I will have to be in the right mood for it however.

Angéliques Sous La Pluie by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This scent reminds me of wet earth and fresh plant matter, like I've been digging in the garden. In that respect it is faintly reminiscent of Luten's Iris Silver Mist, but only faintly. It is more astringent from the juniper and has the glorious sweet cedar base note that I wish would last just a bit longer. Alas, that's the trouble with so many of JC Ellena's masterpieces. They are too fleeting. I just reapply and think it is a small price to pay.

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I admit to being a musk lover but this has to be one of the most well done musks going. It's both a soft and a slightly spicy oriental blended into the sexiest fragrance I've found. I find people of both sexes and all ages sidling up and asking me what I'm wearing. I prefer the Oil and hope never to be without a bottle

Rahät Loukoum by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

A Lutens masterpiece, Rahat Loukoum startsoutfor me as a strong gourmand, a cherry, almond, vanilla delight that makes me want to take a bite out of my own arm. I don't get any of the cough syrup note others speak of, just pure candy. Sometime during the day, I can never pinpoint where, it transforms into a smoky, tobacco melange that reminds me of the best tack rooms. Expensive leather rubbed, oiled and stored where men have stood smoking cigars or pipes and discussing the affairs of the day. It's the best of two worlds and I am in love with it.

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Oh, this takes me back to the summer I was 18 and practically living on the beach at Port Aransas, dating the most wonderful man and making love in the dunes in the afternoon after surfing all morning. His gorgeous smell mixed with salt and warm sun. MmmmmHmmmm, pure sex. Only with the MKK it's in a bottle.

Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

One of my all time favorite fragrances, Iris Silver Mist makes me feel as though I have dug my hands into the ground, dug up fresh irises and crushed them roots and all in my fingers. I would never have thought that something that reminded me of the smell of dirt could be so provocative but this seems to capture the green life potential in the earth and transfer it to your scent receptors. Hypnotic.