Reviews by wooznib

wooznib's avatar
    wooznib

Bang by Marc Jacobs

I smell a tiny spark of pepper, then straight Iso E Super. I smell no Elemi or anything else. For those wanting to smell what Iso E smells like, here is the molecule up front and center with no filler. The cost of ingredients in this is about 1c. They spent all the money in marketing and a nifty bottle.

02 February, 2011

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

I would call this my "Hot summer nights on the prowl" fragrance. As stated many times before, this scent is not for the man who lacks confidence. Big projection and sillage, careful on the pump.

11th February, 2010

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

This may be the only aquatic I will wear. Although it is rarely dusted off for me, I could see myself wearing this to a night out on South Beach. I would say it is the deepest aquatic scent I have encountered. Fair longevity and sillage, I get about 3-4 hours out of it.

11th February, 2010

Zirh by Zirh

Bought this at tjmaxx or something. Was hoping for some of the goodness I enjoy in Corduroy and Ikon, but heck no. This stuff is BORING.

11th February, 2010 (Last Edited: 01st March, 2010)

Jelly Belly Fruit Salad by Demeter Fragrance Library

I got this as a free gift from spending x amount of dollars at Demeter. It is a super sweet candy fragrance that no adult could ever wear unless playing dress up with the kids or something. But, I gave it to my 6 year old niece and she really loves it. If you are looking for a fragrance for your little girl before the teen years kick in, this line of scents would be a great option. It really smells like the jelly belly candies if you are wondering. It is pretty potent juice, I had to take it away from her in the car until we got home to a larger open space. (she really enjoyed spraying it on herself). Her parents tell me she has learned that a little goes a long way, and they can appreciate her wearing this fragrance. I am giving this juice a thumbs up based on the amount of joy this fragrance brought to her day.

09 February, 2010

Quiksilver by Quiksilver

I really enjoy this marine/wood frag. It was a complete surprise like CoL had mentioned earlier. The opening of orange and grapefruit is quite nice, flowing into a clean eucalyptus and sandalwood accord. The company boasts the quality of sandalwood used and it shows. It has a very nice laidback drydown. After about 3 hours the scent hugs close to the skin, but seems to activate a bit more with perspiration. Great scent for active men.

15 January, 2010

Zirh Ikon by Zirh

I received Zirh Ikon as a Christmas present and I really enjoy this fragrance. The opening is spicy/cinnamon that turns into an incense/wood. Like some of the reviewers here I think it feels like a refined "Obsession" or similar 80's fragrance. It is a very comfortable fragrance and would be suitable for office use. It's also a fragrance that women like to come in closer for a better sniff. Decent longevity and leaves a nice scent trail.

14 January, 2010