Reviews by wren08

wren08's avatar
    wren08

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

Nice but I won't reach for this if there is anything better available.

17 December, 2009

No. 5 Eau Première by Chanel

My impression is that this is a version of the iconic No. 5 that is suitable for young girls. I would not wear it myself, I prefer the original, but I would absolutely prefer this version for my (12 year old) daughter. With time and experience, I expect her to 'graduate' to using the original fragrance but for her age, it's simply too much. This, on the other hand, is perfect.

Santalum by Profumum

This is my favorite sandalwood to date and I love sandalwood! I'm not as happy with the reforumlation as I was with the original version but after all the alcohol gets out of the way, it is still quite wonderful. I wear this on days when my stress level is likely to be high as I find even a whiff of it to be very calming and smooth as silk. It is wood- but a vey highly polished wood- no rough edges here. It also lasts quite a long time- I applied it at 8 this morning and was still getting whiffs (and compliments) at 8 tonight from one spritz. Now that's staying power!

Halloween by J del Pozo

This is not at all what I was expecting from the name- I expected something warm and rich, possibly with pumpkin or apple and was met with an aquatic floral. Um. Possbly if the name had not set me up to expect something else, I might have liked it more.

Karma by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

I love this in the bubble bar and in the shampoo bar but there's sometimes (depending on the batch, I guess) a sharp unpleasant note in the EDT. The batches that don't have that, I really like and would want on my wishlist. The batches that do- I don't want it. If I ever get a chance to sniff before I buy, I will probably buy a bottle if it is missing that sharp nasty note.

07 December, 2009

Forever Krystle by Charles of the Ritz

Worst perfume ever for me. It makes me physically sick to be around someone wearing it- heavy musk is the culprit.

07 December, 2009