Reviews by Samarkan

Samarkan's avatar
    Samarkan
    Indonesia Indonesia

F by Ferragamo pour Homme Free Time by Salvatore Ferragamo

Another citrusy cologne yet unlike the-ever-the-same-citrusy-scent, this one is worth to try. In my case, it even worth to buy. I need to have one of this type for wearing on hot day here and I chose F Free Time over many other citrusy because it doesn't smell cheap.

La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

I tried the EDT version first and blind buy this via Internet. This is denser and more fruity but I like EDT version more. Playful and complex. Both are fine fragrances but having both is not wise, IMO.

L'Essence de Cerutti by Cerruti

Leather, amber and woodsy notes well blended. Good choice for formal occasion but sometimes I felt it too strong. One thing for sure: this is Italian. Give it a try.

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

A must try if you are looking for fragrance which is suit very well in dry and hot climate. I noticed this Dior Dune while worked in Middle east desert and bought it when I back home. The fig note once make me little bit dizzy but it gone after few days later. A must have if you live in equatorial countries. Versatile, pleasant and unique smell.

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

I smell it on meeting with client few years ago. The cacao and citrus notes struck me and I went to Internet to buy it straight away... Just about time because I was looking for new fragrance which is unique. After all these years, I still wear it. Thumbs up.

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir by Christian Dior

I bought this because of it's rarity. I thought it's nice to have one of this for collection. Truly a classic citrus + leather but couple of months later I gave it to my (much) older brother. I think it'll suit him well during church time and activities.

Encre Noire by Lalique

A blind buy that bring pleasant surprise. You guys are right, this is a good, VERY GOOD fragrance. Now, one of my top 3. The only complaint is the wooden cap isn't completely fit with the sprayer/bottle. No big deal, I can live with that. A thumb up for sure.

04th May, 2010

Essence Pure pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

At first it remind me of Cool Water but after couple of weeks using it, I felt that this has something interesting. The ozonic notes and warm aquatic aura due to it's cedar ingredient really make Essence Pure is little different from other aquatic fragrance.

4 Hours longevity, polite silage and casual/easy going impression. That's all. Basically, I like it but not love it. Use it prior to swim and see how it evolve then. AWESOME..!

04th May, 2010

Désir de Rochas pour Homme by Rochas

If you want to smell nice but doesn't want to draw much of attention (e.g: first day of work), this one is a good choice. A nice fragrance but doesn't hold my interest for very long. I have only 2.5oz and lost the interest just about time it almost empty. Longevity 3 - 4 hours, medium silage.

Agua de Sandalo by Adolfo Dominguez

This one has a personality. It stand out elegantly from the sweet-aquatic-mass produced cologne nowadays. It's much more natural and simple but not linear at all. Rosewood, sandalwood and peppery notes are the dominant and bring up an airy and light aroma which is very enjoyable. Sadly, it stays too close to skin and last 2 hours at best on me. What a shame...

Brit for Men by Burberry

It is a nice woodsy fragrance, quite modern and suitable for any occasion except formal ones. Sadly I just used it for a week after my wife got headache due to it's strong powdery smell. However, a thumbs up.

07th December, 2009 (Last Edited: 07th January, 2010)

Weekend for Men by Burberry

I remember 2 things about this cologne. The opening notes is superb.! energizing & uplifting my spirit straightaway and then, ONE hour later, the whole thing is completely gone...

Ungaro III by Ungaro

This is a perfect cologne. Longevity: perfect (up to 8 hours), sillage: perfect. composition & balance: perfect (dark, complex with beautiful drydown), occasion: perfect (formal, romantic, signature frag.).
    This one will always be in my wardrobe.

Jaguar Special Edition by Jaguar

Fresh but synthetic cologne suitable for young crowds or university students only.

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

Fascinating fruity/gourmand scent from start to finish. To me, the pineapple accord is the most interesting. This will be a perfect companion for your vacation on tropical island beach..!
    Longevity around 6 hours and quite powerful cologne, hence not recommended for office use.