Reviews by Samarkan

Samarkan's avatar
    Samarkan
    Indonesia Indonesia

Encre Noire by Lalique

A blind buy that bring pleasant surprise. You guys are right, this is a good, VERY GOOD fragrance. Now, one of my top 3. The only complaint is the wooden cap isn't completely fit with the sprayer/bottle. No big deal, I can live with that. A thumb up for sure.

04 May, 2010

Essence Pure pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

At first it remind me of Cool Water but after couple of weeks using it, I felt that this has something interesting. The ozonic notes and warm aquatic aura due to it's cedar ingredient really make Essence Pure is little different from other aquatic fragrance.

4 Hours longevity, polite silage and casual/easy going impression. That's all. Basically, I like it but not love it. Use it prior to swim and see how it evolve then. AWESOME..!

04 May, 2010

Désir de Rochas pour Homme by Rochas

If you want to smell nice but doesn't want to draw much of attention (e.g: first day of work), this one is a good choice. A nice fragrance but doesn't hold my interest for very long. I have only 2.5oz and lost the interest just about time it almost empty. Longevity 3 - 4 hours, medium silage.

Agua de Sandalo by Adolfo Dominguez

This one has a personality. It stand out elegantly from the sweet-aquatic-mass produced cologne nowadays. It's much more natural and simple but not linear at all. Rosewood, sandalwood and peppery notes are the dominant and bring up an airy and light aroma which is very enjoyable. Sadly, it stays too close to skin and last 2 hours at best on me. What a shame...

Brit for Men by Burberry

It is a nice woodsy fragrance, quite modern and suitable for any occasion except formal ones. Sadly I just used it for a week after my wife got headache due to it's strong powdery smell. However, a thumbs up.

07 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 07 January, 2010)

Weekend for Men by Burberry

I remember 2 things about this cologne. The opening notes is superb.! energizing & uplifting my spirit straightaway and then, ONE hour later, the whole thing is completely gone...

Ungaro III by Ungaro

This is a perfect cologne. Longevity: perfect (up to 8 hours), sillage: perfect. composition & balance: perfect (dark, complex with beautiful drydown), occasion: perfect (formal, romantic, signature frag.).
    This one will always be in my wardrobe.

Jaguar Special Edition by Jaguar

Fresh but synthetic cologne suitable for young crowds or university students only.

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

Fascinating fruity/gourmand scent from start to finish. To me, the pineapple accord is the most interesting. This will be a perfect companion for your vacation on tropical island beach..!
    Longevity around 6 hours and quite powerful cologne, hence not recommended for office use.