Reviews by Pappy

Pappy's avatar
    Pappy
    Fiji Fiji

Joop! Jump by Joop!

I really like Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, and this smells like a fruitier version of it. Thus, its resemblance to AHS makes me like it, except I don't like fruityness versus more masculine fragrances.

One nice thing, though it I get INSANE compliments with this. This last saturday I sprayed it at 9am and 11:30 at a bar I had a group of girlfriends crowded around me smelling me telling me awesome I smelled (which continued off an on all night). Not only was it a compliment getter, but lasted from 9am to nearly midnight!

Another plus, is the price...JJ can be found pretty cheap online and won't break your wallet like AHS will.

To conclude: I like that it smells sporty and in the same ballpark as AHS, its vibrant, sexy and smooth. Also, the sillage will is 10+ hours or something like that because of its synthetic nature.
    What I don't like is its slightly feminine sometimes and might not be able to wear for older men (I'm 23).

02 March, 2011

Unforgivable Night by Sean John

Good to my nose. I disagree with LoneWolf. IMO its more sweet/citrus and more concentrated in power.

20th March, 2010

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Dark and sensual, but not so overbearing it loses its pleasantness.

23 November, 2009

Perry Man by Perry Ellis

Smells a whole lot like Azzaro's Pure Lavender. I mean almost identical. Too synthetic and cheap though for me.

18 November, 2009

Pure Lavande by Azzaro

This is ok. Its very very very similar to Perry Man by Perry Ellis. I think that this has very little to do with Lavender, though, and should be named something else. All in all "ok".

18 November, 2009

Azzaro Now Men by Azzaro

I really want to thumbs up this. The sharp metallic quality in contrast to the woody/lichen base is nice. However, this stuff gives me a headache and makes my stomach hurt everytime I wear it.

13 November, 2009

Portfolio for Men by Perry Ellis

Decent fragrance. Reminiscent of Dior's Higher. I think it lasts a bit longer, though.

It has a pleasant pear fruitness.

11th November, 2009

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Best sport fragrance out their IMO. All the youth of a CK scent with Chanel quality. Girls really like this and it may not reinvent the market, it stills an extremely solid fragrance. One of my favorites.

01st November, 2009

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

Somebody previously mentioned that this smells like the new replacement B*Men... I disagree. To me, this is clearly the new replacelment Visit by Azzaro. Smell it, and you will agree. This is a solid scent though, but just another step in a growing scent trend.

16 May, 2007

Bellagio for Men by Fragluxe

Think of the most sour bitter musky ADG and you will be thinking of this fragrance.

16 December, 2006

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This is my favorite fragrance. Also, its one that girls love. VERY classy and sexy.

05 December, 2006

Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

Lemony. Will make you smell rich and refined.

05 December, 2006

Pi by Givenchy

In small doses this stuff is teh lady killa.
    For me, no other scent captures the feel of winters better. However, Pi can make you sick if not rotated regularly.

12 October, 2005

Lacoste pour Homme by Lacoste

This smells like Windex to me, hardly something I would want to wear.

31st December, 2004 (Last Edited: 10th November, 2009)

Hugo by Hugo Boss

Perhaps the most refreshing thing I have ever smelled. Put in a canteen because you will want to drink it after having smelled Hugo. Hugo stays in my cologne rotation. Also, the body wash is delightful

31st December, 2004

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I am a fan of sweet scents. I own both Pi by Givenchy and Le Male by Jean Paul Gautlie and enjoy both scents very much. However, after wearing A Men for only thirty minutes I experienced strong discomfort of the stomach and found myself wanting to vomit. Perhaps this scent is an aquired taste, I may like it after I get used to the vomiting.

31st December, 2004

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This stuff is best selling for a reason. Clean and crisp, I love it. Lasts all day on my skin and you gotta love the Cedar notes.

15 December, 2004