Reviews by shoegal68

Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden

Sometimes the most memorable scents are also the cheapest, they remind us of a time in our lives when this was the best we could buy. For some they bring back memories of happy times, youth bright sunny days. For me it was a gift from hubby, with a newborn and a 2 year old it was all we could afford. Was it the greatest scent out there, probably not,was it the greatest scent for some at the time definately. Will I wear it again maybe, will I sniff it and be flood with wonderful memories, always.
24th October, 2010

Pi by Givenchy

very,very sweet, alot of vanilla should find it cloying ......but damn there's something about this (in small doses) that I love just love.
17th October, 2010

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

Oh Lord what can I say except......eww, this is headache inducing and makes me feel like sticking my head out the window, it's waaay to strong, even a light spray is too strong and long lasting. To those that love it I'm sorry but PLEASE don't come near me.
16th October, 2010

Lauren by Ralph Lauren

I wore this thoughout my teenage years back in the 80's. Every friend of mine wore this as well, we were a walking cloud of smell back then. I thought it was a wonderful scent but haven't smelled it for at least 15 years, alright who am I kidding 20 years. Recently, I found a vintage, unreformulated version and boy do I still like this scent, the combination of flowers and greens is still amazing after all these years. I can still smell the carnation and violets.
02nd October, 2010

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I wanted to like this, I really did, it sounded like the exact type of scent I would love but I was very disappointed. First off I couldn't smell any roses, all I could smell was the damp, decaying earthy smell. It lasted for hours and I kept sniffing my wrist hoping for a glimpse of something else but it never materialized. This is a scent that reminds me of a cemetary and the damp earth, disturbed for a fresh grave. This might just be me and to be fair I will try this again before finally deciding if and who to give the bottle to (blind buy).
24th September, 2010 (last edited: 02nd December, 2010)

Love In White by Creed

Oh, how I love this scent ( must be the magnolia ) if only I could live in a cloud of this everyday. It is elegant and sweet and pretty. I see some of you don't particularily care for it but I just adore this...........to each his own I guess.
19th September, 2010

Prada Tendre by Prada

Although I like the scent it is very much like coco mademoiselle albeit a much softer, weaker almost version, definately not worth spending money on.
18th September, 2010

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

I just smelled a sample of this and it is truly the most retched thing I've ever smelled. I ran to the washroom because I had to wash it off before I threw up it was nauseating, my daughter took one whiff and ran for cover, needless to say this thing went straight into the garbage can OUTSIDE my house. Simply vile.
14th September, 2010

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

My favorite Guerlain scent, I adore this fragrance. To me it's enchanting in a bittersweet, melancholy way, a truly haunting and nostalgic fragrance.
05th September, 2010

DKNY Be Delicious by Donna Karan

oh my goodness I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this fragrance is horrible, it smells like a cheap booze soaked tramp, given me a horrible headache as well.
08th August, 2010

Pleasures by Estée Lauder

Lovely summer scent,always makes me feel sweet and happy and pretty.
08th August, 2010

No. 5 by Chanel

I've had this bottle since late 80's and never really liked the scent on me but tried it again a few days ago and wow I think I'm in love. I never remembered the smell to be so soft and elegant just beautiful. I'm thinking it's time to re-visit some of my other oldies maybe they'll take my breath away too.
06th August, 2010

Escale à Pondichéry by Christian Dior

My new favourite, its old school sophistication, I love the elegant bottle and the soft notes of earl grey and orange. Its like a slow and languid sunset I just wish it would last a little bit longer on me but I'll just re-touch more often.
31st July, 2010

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

I tried this fragrance a total of three times hoping to like it but honestly I don't. All I smell is baby powder and pampers. This reminds me of my children as babies and it is not what I want to smell like also the smell never fades, it lasted and lasted until the next day.
31st July, 2010 (last edited: 06th September, 2010)

Ange ou Démon by Givenchy

ange ou demon tendre what can I say I'm definately in love with this fragrance, the citrus, the vanilla just lovely
09th May, 2010

Crystal Noir by Versace

Beautiful fragrance, makes me happy
24th April, 2010 (last edited: 08th December, 2010)

The One by Dolce & Gabbana

simply put it is uninspiring I was very disapointed with this perfume
24th April, 2010

Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

Very sweet and summery scent, altogether yummy and irresistable reminiscent of youth and warm summer days.
24th April, 2010

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

Changing my mind about this one, since my last review I've worn this scent 3 or 4 times and not once did it turn on me. I'm not sure what happened the first time I wore it but I'm really glad it hasn't happened again. I really like this scent and am quite happy to be able to wear it.
24th April, 2010 (last edited: 02nd October, 2010)

J'Adore by Christian Dior

Love this and that's all there is to it, it's pretty, there I said it... I see alot of negative reviews but to each his own I guess.
14th March, 2010 (last edited: 02nd December, 2010)

Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent

Tried this one again and still not too thrilled about it. It settles down after awhile, quite nicely only to be re-awakened every so often, this would be a good thing if the notes that re-appear weren't so sharp. It didn't last long either which I suppose was a good thing. Ah, well the bottle looks cute on my dressing table.
14th March, 2010 (last edited: 02nd October, 2010)

Kim Kardashian by Kim Kardashian

too strong gave me a headache almost immediately
14th March, 2010 (last edited: 23rd April, 2010)

Bulgari pour Femme by Bulgari

My all time favorite fragrance, something so soft and simple but truly elegant. I never tire of this scent.
14th March, 2010

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

just smelled it recently and I gotta tell you it's soft long lasting smell is so comforting just like a favorite cashmere sweater
17th December, 2009