Reviews by parisa

L'Eau de Circé 05 by Parfumerie Generale

Since chemistry is so different, I didn't detect mushrooms but rather osmanthus and other pleasant florals. Truly well-done, modern and very easy to wear.
14th July, 2007

Un Lys by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

This is the only SL that works on my skin and I've tried them all! It's wonderfully elegant and dries down to a romantic floral softness that is so hard to describe...absolute gem!
25th May, 2007

Brûlure de Rose 13 by Parfumerie Generale

Brulure de Rose is my third perfume from PG and I can't be happier with the creativity of this wonderful rose scent. I normally avoid rose in any amount, but this is timeless and elegant and so chic. Plus, it stays close to the skin so it is super comfortable to wear when you want something discreet.
09th April, 2007

Crystal Flowers by Montale

Super classy with excellent sillage. From initial spray to final dry-down, perfection. No harshness, just clean and elegant composition of rose, lily of valley and white musk. If you are remotely interested in the Montale line, you must try this and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.
09th April, 2007

Black Aoud by Montale

A warm and very sexy aoud. It's slightly similar to TImbuktu but much more sophisticated and wears close to the skin.

Best aoud of the series in my opinion.
05th April, 2007

L'Eau Rare Matale 06 by Parfumerie Generale

A clean, non-edgy, smokey black tea scent. Probably leans more towards the masculine side, however, stays close to skin so ladies can wear it as well. Perfect for hot days!
12th October, 2006

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur

My next vacation is in Timbuktu, Mali. I just received my bottle today and I am putting ALL my other fragrances up for auction :). I love this perfume...every other scent I have ever owned, I had to warm up to the notes. This one, however, went on amazingly well with my skin and unfolded beautifully! The smoke, spices and the wood composition are so well balanced that I couldn't help but dream about Africa. Ladies, this is THE scent to try for a clean and sophisticated dry-down.
02nd October, 2006

Chinatown by Bond No. 9

Simply the BEST fragrance I've ever tried and now proudly own. Chinatown is an elegant, sophisticated oriental/floral scent that even migraine sufferers(myself) can wear. On my skin, the dry down is clean and creamy. I love it and highly recommend everyone to at least try it.
23rd September, 2006

Happy for Men by Clinique

Just bought this for my husband solely based on the reviews...beautiful scent. It is truly a summer-fresh scent and to top it off, it does not cause me a headache. A must for citrus lovers!

06th May, 2006

Aveda Pure-Fume Tonic for Men by Aveda

My husband lives in this bottle...I could not be persuaded to love it though-too simple.
03rd May, 2006

Miracle So Magic! by Lancôme

Just got it today as a gift...all I smelled was the ROSE...lots of it. I am not a floral fan but for those who enjoy rose...this is for you.

22nd April, 2006

Tender Touch by Burberry

loved sampling it but once i purchased and started wearing it often, got a major migraine...not for me. It's more for people that love florals.
21st April, 2006

Baby Touch by Burberry

Great to scent my two boys clothing wardrobe...I don't really apply it to their skin. It replaces fabric softeners in our house with its clean scent.
21st April, 2006

Max Mara by Max Mara

Really elegant scent...not for everyday mom-wear. Wears beautifully for evening (formal) events.

Lacoste pour Femme by Lacoste

Very chic summer scent. Holds well in warm weather...received lots of compliments but it does give me a mild headache.. Maybe too floral for me but overall, a wonderful scent.

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

Wonderful citrus-based summer scent. Longevity very good and tons of people enjoy it and compliment whenever I wear it. Plus, it is one of the rare fragrances that doesn't give me a headache.

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

Very sweet floral scent...not my first choice. Strong staying power but not a fan of florals too much.

Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bulgari

Light summer scent...I get headaches from almost all fragrances except this one. Only drawback, does not last long...need to reapply often.

Eau de Cartier by Cartier

Light and refreshing...suits my husband more than me. He really receives tons of compliments.

Bulgari Petits et Mamans by Bulgari

Really great scent for kids...I have two boys and use it to lighty scent their clothes instead of fabric softeners. Smells great on them but no staying power on me.