Reviews by kayley123

Sugar & Spice Collection : Bitter Orange & Chocolate by Jo Malone

This is actually not that sweet; it's definitely a DARK chocolate and orange fragrance. There's a sort of powderyness to it, maybe slightly milky (the cocoa and/or coconut?), but it's not as milky as, say Serendipity 3 by Serendipitous. I don't detect any vanilla, just dark chocolate. The orange is mostly in the opening, it starts to fade right away.
08th April, 2013

Tea Collection : Fresh Mint Leaf by Jo Malone

Initially smells very similar to Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia
03rd April, 2013

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain

Initially smells very similar to Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf
03rd April, 2013

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain

Quite nice for a fruity floral; I especially like the Pink Grapefruit in the opening. However, it doesn't stay long enough for me. The drydown is a nice light, springy floral. If I were more inclined to florals, it would be perfect. A 3.5 star fragrance for me; but not quite good enough for me to want a bottle. I will finish my sample, but I don't think I would purchase any more.
23rd March, 2013

Anice by Etro

I really like the opening of this; licorice candy...but the drydown and middle just turn into a very standard floral--pleasant, not offensive, but really special either. I would maybe give it 3.5 stars if I could.
23rd March, 2013

Giselle by Carla Fracci

Very honeyed white floral; very creamy, but I don't get the caramel at all.
03rd August, 2012

Le Rivage des Syrtes / PdN1 by MDCI

It may just be the decant I got but it smells a little metallic—maybe from the metal sprayer?—is supposed to be fruity/citrusy, and couldn’t put my finger on it at first. When I read pineapple, that kinda made sense, though it's still pretty floral. The floral and musc notes come out on me very quickly. It isn't too bad, but not my cup of tea.
03rd August, 2012

Conaffetto by Hilde Soliani Profumi

This is a light, generally nice scent--to me, the top is sweet almonds. As it dries down the orange blossom comes out. I could use up a sample but there are other things I like more. This one is just good, not great.
I find it very similar to Kilian Love but Love stays sweet and doesn't fade to orange blossom/floral.
28th May, 2012 (last edited: 03rd April, 2013)

Alambar by Laboratorio Olfattivo

Opening is a little bitter; dries down to cloying incense and some cinnamon that comes and goes. Smells exactly like the incense in the little shop down the street...just too much for me; I would have liked some other notes. I used to have a sample of this, gave it away.
28th May, 2012 (last edited: 20th March, 2013)

Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain

THIS IS FOR THE 2012 EDITION!
If I had to wear a floral scent, this would be it. Fairly sweet (I like the almond!) but as it dries down the jasmine comes out which is a little heavier than I'd like. It's good, but not something I'd wear often.
28th May, 2012

FRaaagola Saalaaata by Hilde Soliani Profumi

I love this! I don't know exactly how but the sweetness and saltiness work together beautifully...I think the salt keeps the strawberry from being TOO sweet or artificial, or turning sour. One of my all-time favorite scents!
28th May, 2012

Joy Comes From Within by Creative Scentualization

I would give this a 3.5 if I could; I liked the creamy, sweet top notes, but I wasn't so fond of the middle and drydown. It smelled slightly synthetic and more floral and musky than I wanted.
24th September, 2011

Queen by Queen Latifah

Good, but not great--a bit too strong. Sweet and rich, vanilla and incense, musk, amber...a bit foody, and nicely complex (notes are blended nice so no one note jumps out to overpower you)...just overall a little too strong for me.
18th September, 2011

Poule de Luxe - Vanilla Fruit Sorbet by Crazylibellule & The Poppies

I thought I would love this because it is Vanilla and Raspberry, two of my favorite notes, but unfortunately all I got was the rose, iris, and musk--they soured the raspberry somehow on me. I don't think it's a BAD fragrance, but definitely not what I was looking for. Would probably work for someone else.
12th September, 2011

Woodland Strawberries / Gala by Neil Morris Fragrances

I love the strawberry note, it is EXACTLY what I want in a strawberry scent, but I'm not a fan of woods/cedar/oak...so this is a miss for me, but I bet it would smell great on someone else. The Geranium is also a bit too strong for me.
02nd September, 2011

Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

The opening is fine, sweet and fruity, but the drydown is too acidic for me...I think my sample may have turned though, so I will update after I try a fresh one, to make sure.
01st September, 2011

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears

I woud give this a 3.5 stars if I could. It is very sweet and candyish, but I like it that way (though I don't like regular Fantasy much--the Jasmine in that one comes out on me, and is too much). I get berries, vanilla, and a little muskiness...but after about a half-hour it becomes overwhelmingly freesia on me, and stays that way for hours. It isn't BAD but I wanted the other notes to stick around. I sprayed it on in the afternoon, and in the morning I still get a little bit of sweet vanilla hanging around, which is very pleasant. It IS a little too synthetic-smelling overall...but I may have to pick up a small bottle because it is very easy to wear.
23rd August, 2011

Vanille Gingembre by Laurence Dumont

Got a sample of this...it's just a little too sweet for me, and has a sort of plasticky smell (which I hope is not from the plastic sprayer that it's in). I will use it up, but would not get more. The combination of ginger and vanilla is delicious and foody, but I think there may be something wrong with the quality of ingredients used.
24th March, 2011

Perfect Vanilla by Creative Scentualization

I am smack-dab in the middle on this...it is a very "different" vanilla to my nose...it has a touch of smoke/tobacco and is not really sweet or foody...however I am not really a fan of the smokiness (though I like Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, which is smells sweeter to me, and has some spice).
24th March, 2011

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain

I like this pretty well--it is VERY sour on me though--truly a grapefruit smell and not sweetened grapefruit, either! I admire how realistic it smells, but the tartness and sourness is a bit overpowering. It smells like I just peeled a grapefruit with my fingers. Have to be a little careful because it is easy to overdose on it. Still, I enjoy it if I only spritz lightly.
05th February, 2011

Fantasme by Ted Lapidus

Unfortunately this starts out too sweet and then turns sour/bitter on my skin.
04th October, 2010

Hot Couture by Givenchy

Surprisingly to me, I like this very much...although the opening and middle are a little more floral than I like, the drydown smells full of sweet (but not TOO sweet...at least for me...) raspberry to me! I love raspberry scents, and this one is beautiful!

EDIT: This is still a thumbs up but only a 3.5 star fragrance for me...not quite good enough to keep. The floral note just doesn't sit right on me; it smells cheap and synthetic on my skin.
28th August, 2010 (last edited: 12th July, 2011)

Fath de Fath by Jacques Fath

I dislike the opening; but it dries down to a sweet, soft, fruity scent, with a little powder, and a tiny bit of spice, that isn't syrupy or cloying and completely unobtrusive.
24th August, 2010

Jolly Rancher New Green Apple by Demeter Fragrance Library

I'd give this one 3.5 stars if I could...the apple is a little tart and fresh, but also a little sugary and artificial. To me, Demeter's Golden Delicious is a better apple scent.

Orange Cream Pop / Orange Cremecicle by Demeter Fragrance Library

It does smell just like an Orange Cream Pop, sweet and smooth and a little creamy...I think spraying it makes it smell more artificial though, it is better dabbed. A very sweet smell that is nice in the morning for a pick-me-up...it will be gone in a couple of hours...and then you can put on something else! :)

Jelly Belly Wild Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Demeter Fragrance Library

A little too heavy peach part...I wanted more berry in it; unfortunately the peach swallows up the rest. The little bit of berry that I smell is lovely though. Looking for something more truly BERRY smelling, but so far this is one of the better ones I've found.

Banana Flambée by Demeter Fragrance Library

The "Flambee" part of this is rather heavy and comes on too strong for me; I like the Banana part though. The bakery part (rum & caramel?) are a little cloying. However, I still give it a thumbs up because I haven't found any better banana scents yet.

Orange Cream Pop / Orange Cremecicle by Demeter Fragrance Library

I agree with hallospacegirl, it smells just like an orange cremecicle and although you probably wouldn't want to smell like that all the time, it is sweet and doesn't last too long...perhaps just spritz it on in the morning after a shower for a sweet-smelling mood lifter!

Sex On The Beach by Demeter Fragrance Library

I have to agree with foetidus mostly...all of the fruit smells artificial to me, or maybe they are just overpowered by the alcoholic part--I really can't stand the alcoholic smell. Unfortunate, because I too smell the raspberry, which I love, and I am a fruit and sweet note lover, but this one just doesn't work for me.

Golden Delicious by Demeter Fragrance Library

Being a fiend for fruits, I love this! It doesn't last too long which is too bad, and it probably isn't that accurate, especially for a "golden delicious" apple, but it is close enough to an apple for me!