Reviews by ThomasFox

Number 1 for Men by Clive Christian

Ok, I'll say it - I *LOVE* this fragrance, despite the price tag, it's probably one of the most versatile and enjoyable colognes I've experienced.

At first, it's extremely powdery and floral-like - almost reminding me of my grandmother's perfume.

However, as it dries down and settles in, it becomes a wonderfully blended combination of mild floral scents and little bit of vetiver, and perhaps pepper or another spice, I can't quite place it. An hour or two after applying it, Number 1 is a little more subtle, but all of the scents are still there, and for me, last all day.

I have to admit, as another reviewer said, I have a hard time separating the price from the fragrance, but in all honesty, I'd enjoy this regardless of the price.

If you're ever visiting a Nieman Marcus to pick up a Creed cologne, ask for a sample of No. 1. The women at the fragrance counter at Nieman's in Troy, Michigan were a delight to work with, and really loaded me up with samples of a number of colognes.
01st February, 2010

Quorum by Antonio Puig

One of the other reviewers said that this was a "No B&llshit" and macho-man type of fragrance, and that describes it perfectly. This is another cologne that I immediately did not like - it's EXTREMELY in your face - but then it evolves into something entirely different.

This is probably the most masculine scent I own. I wear it when I have an important business meeting. But keep in mind, a little bit goes a long way. :-)

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

About every three or four months, I plan to spend some time in the department stores trying out new colognes. I found a little store at the mall, Perfumania, that I didn't even know existed. Anyway, I asked the lady behind the counter what she had that was different or unique or rare. She said, "Oh, you've got to try this."

At first, I *hated* it! The anise smell was overpowering. But there was something else there, and as I tried out a few more scents, I kept coming back to it.

This is a very sweet-smelling cologne, and the anise diminishes pretty quickly, so much so that it's barely noticeable a few minutes after applying. I pick up a slight flower smell - this is definitely not the world's most masculine cologne, but I really, really like it.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Used to be one of my favorites, but I rarely wear it now.

I used to call it "liquid sex" - if you were going out to the club, and you wore this, you were probably going to get lucky.

It has become so popular, with so many people wearing it now, it just doesn't have the appeal that it once did.

Still, an enjoyable cologne.

Abercrombie & Fitch Woods by Abercrombie & Fitch

This is, without a doubt, my all time favorite cologne. It's masculine, woodsy (obviously), and for some reason, strikes me as "classy" despite the store that used to sell it.

I really wish it hadn't been discontinued.