Reviews by pcrisp

pcrisp's avatar
    pcrisp

Bamboo Harmony by By Kilian

I love this scent. Fresh, clean, aquatic, strong and long lasting! I like neroli scents, but this one is really unique because it is only slightly there compared to most. I think its more about the bergamot. I've been a fan of Cashmere Twill, and this similar, but sooo much better. The dry down is nice and masculine, a slightly woodsy aquatic, with very light tea. Typical Kilian fans might be opposed to this because it is so different. I love it because it is the normal Kilian quality and strength, while still being fresh and different.

08 June, 2012

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

I really like how linear this one can be. Yes, weird, but it is nice to have a few scents that stay consistent throughout. It's a non-offensive scent that nearly every "average" person thinks smells good. I really like the smell, and my wife likes it on me, so it's a win - win.

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Very rarely does my wife ever really consistently comment on a cologne (I guess that since I have tried so many she gets tired of saying anything about them) but every time I wear SMW, she will always give a compliment or ask what it is. It is one of those scents that stands out because it is so different. I have seen reviews that try to compare the smell to water, metals, silverware and printer ink. I honestly can see how these people might be able to pick out those "notes", but none of those sound particularly wearable, this however is very wearable and extremely like-able by many. Silver Mountain Water is an amazing scent, probably my favorite from the first time that I ever smelled it. Longevity and projection are amazing for me, and my skin tends to eat scents, so that says a lot.

With a lot of scents, I can get a good idea of what it smells like based on other people's reviews and posts. With SMW however, everyone should make sure that they sample it themselves. It is very unique (except maybe when compared to a few cousins from the Creed family) and any comparison to P Diddy stuff is completely absurd to me. I guess that maybe they get some extra interest if they claim to be "similar" to a high dollar cologne. However, his stuff smells NOTHING like the Creeds and it just blows me away to see people try to compare them. Now, GIT and Cool Water...... yes, very similar. Diddy and Creed...... no.

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

For me, this is pretty much an unwearable scent. I seriously can barely breath when wearing this. It's definitely amber, but waaaayyy too much of it, and it's just too musty for me. It reminds me of some perfumes that my mom used to wear, but that's not how I want to smell. To be fair, apparently I'm not a big fan of amber so it didn't have much of a chance to start with.

Castile by Penhaligon's

Well, to me it is fresh, sporty, and somewhat aquatic? I've got a very untrained nose for sure, but this is really good stuff. I can see where people might want to say that it is a bit barbershop like, maybe even "fresh out of the shower", either way it smells super classy and enjoyable. Several people mention the rose smell. I can sense a little bit of rose, but on a really fresh and clean side. At the first spray, it's honestly NOT my favorite. Same thing goes for smelling it straight from the bottle. However, within a couple minutes it begins to shine for me. Just now while typing this, my 4 year old son (he has his own cologne, so that he doesn't use all my good stuff) walked up to the computer. He asked "do you have cologne on?" I said yes and asked if he like it and he said "uh huh, it smells GOOD!".

12 June, 2010

Erolfa by Creed

It has the slightly similar aspects of Creed MI and SMW at the first spray, however a few minutes after that the scent is almost gone. With MI and SMW I can do a spray to the chest and each arm and it will last all day. Sadly with Erolfa, the smell was nearly gone in a matter of minutes. If you smell directly on the spot of the arm, you can faintly smell it and it's a good scent, but bad projection and longevity are an absolute killer. It doesn't smell as good as MI or SMW so it's a no brainer to stick with them.

11th June, 2010

Millésime Impérial by Creed

One of the best fragrances that I have ever experienced. Everyone around me likes it and the projection and longevity work greatfor me. I can get strong lasting smell even after 10 hours, with only one spritz. The Creeds are the only thing so far that give me the really long lasting longevity. I can't even start to describe the smell (maybe sporty, aquatic and attractive all wrapped into one?), just try it for yourself.

07 June, 2010

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Well, sometimes people's negative ratings can be just based on personal feelings, strange hate for a manufacturer, or a million other various reasons. However, with Terre d'Hermes I found quite a bit of the negative reviews to be DEAD ON. I did not realize this until I sampled the product after reading all the negative reviews. Instantly upon application, all those reviews came back strong and clear. Dirt, slight bit of pine, and a whole lot of tomato vine smell. YUCK!!! After a while it dries down to smell EXACTLY like one of those pine tree air fresheners for a car. Weird, and absolutely nowhere close to being a sexy or enticing masculine cologne. Nothing but negative response on behalf of the females. The opening is so blah and yuck with the dirt and absolutely disgusting tomato vine smell that it's an instant turnoff. I gave it a shot a couple different times and every time, this thing is bad.

25 May, 2010

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

Completely horrible! I got a sample based on quite a few suggestions that this might be a sexy masculine scent. WRONG. Disgustingness abounds with this one. I can't hardly remember getting a negative comment (without asking what they thought) on any cologne that I have worn. With this, the females literally curled up their nose and asked what I was wearing. It reminds me of a very cheap cologne worn by an old lady from a third world country. Yes, I have experienced what that smells like, and this cologne is a winner if that's what you are going for. Disgusting and offensive to yourself and anyone around you. I tried it three times but it is so unappealing, I won't be giving it any more chances.

25 May, 2010