Reviews by mediterranée

Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher

A dry, woody vanilla on my skin, somewhat reminiscent of Voile d'Ambre. I like the way it dries down on me: slightly sweet, without going overboard. For days when I want more of a skin scent.
30th January, 2013

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrète by Christian Dior

I had a chance to wear this fragrance today, thanks to a sample I received a few days ago with another purchase.

On me, this scent is sweeter and more subtle than the original HP, without the bitter note of the almond. It dries down to a gentle, floral and slightly fruity vanilla that still reminds me of HP, but is much less potent.

I found it to have good sillage and longevity, but I don't usually have a problem with this even with fragrances normally considered weak. If your skin eats up scents, however, it might be an issue.

In the end, although I enjoyed wearing Eau Secrete, I prefer to keep the bitter note of the original, so I probably won't buy a bottle. But I think that someone who likes HP but finds it a bit overwhelming would enjoy this version. It has the general feel of the original, but might be more approachable for anyone wanting a lighter version.
28th January, 2013