Reviews by blood-orange

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

I had heard so many people rave about this scent prior to testing it. I had really hoped that I would be raving too, unfortunately this was not so.

I really wanted to experience that warm, smokey, musky jasmine that everyone has been talking about, yet all I got was a predictable and fleeting blend of gardenia and jasmine which really didn't surprise or amaze me in the least.

Sure, Jasmin Noir is a nice, pleasant, inoffensive scent, yet for me it didn't push too many boundaries. I wanted elegance and style, just like the bottle conveyed, but I was surprised by how light and short lasting this fragrance turned out to be.

I'm afraid I can't hold back on my disappointment. Jasmin Noir is neither mysterious, dark, alluring or intriguing. I'm really not impressed.

Eternity by Calvin Klein

I couldn't get over how sweet this fragrance was when I first applied it to my skin. I had expected something crisp and fresh, however what I got was something entirely different, very flowery and green.

Eternity is rather soft and musky, yet quite classic and somewhat formal. In my personal opinion, I'd find this scent a little too strong for casual wear.

I applaud Calvin Klein for creating a scent that would have easily re-defined fragrances in the 80's. Compared to the other scents from this decade, Eternity would have been a breath of fresh air. However, I must add that back then, and even today, Eternity is not a fragrance that will appeal to everyone.

I particularly like the drydown which consists of a soft, flowery, clean skin-scent which really compliments my skin chemistry.

My only criticism was that I found Eternity to smell rather similar to laundry detergent. It had that all too familiar crisp, clean, white shirt scent that for me seems a little bit predictable and common

Tendre Poison by Christian Dior

Interesting fragrance I must say.

Following in the footsteps of the original Poison, Tendre Poison is strong, outstanding, bold and definitely not something for the shy.

This fragrance is edgy, unique and strangely exquisite. Tendre Poison is like a massive jumble of woods, musk, vanilla, citrus, sweet honey and white florals, which surprisingly works.

The sillage is incredibly strong, almost enough to knock someone out with one spray, but it is because of this that I love it so.

I find something raw and oddly sexual about this scent, perhaps almost tropical and jungle-like. It has that ability to release the animalistic instincts that are hidden deep beneath our exteriors. An extremely arousing and rich fragrance which I personally recommend to the women of this world that dare to be different

Cristalle Eau Verte by Chanel

I agree entirely with the lemonade reference zvoncica made previously. Lemon is certainly a dominant note, however the note isn't sharp or sour, rather it's a sweetened, almost candy-like, softened lemon note.

Cristalle eau Verte is refreshing like a cool breeze on a beautiful Summer's day. The opening blend of lemon, bergamot and mandarin orange makes me long for home as it reminds me of my childhood, wandering through the fruit orchards which grew in my backyard and tasting and relishing the beautiful citrusy aromas that filled the air.

The drydown is only vaguely floral with subtle hints of jasmine and magnolia every now and then. For a fragrance that is mostly citrus, it is surprising how much I've warmed to this scent.

There are hardly any similarities between this fragrance and the original Cristalle. The original is much more green and sharp, whereas Cristalle eau Verte is much sweeter and softer.

I must say that I'm rather impressed by Chanel's Summer offerings, with this fragrance and Chance eau Fraiche being my favourites so far.

Cristalle Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Different, is a good word to start with when it comes to describing Cristalle by Chanel.

Although Cristalle is often referred to as a 70's scent, it is surprisingly modern for its time.

The fragrance opens with crisp and refreshing lemon supported by a blend of dry and unsweetened florals. The scent is quite green and fresh, somewhat similar to Chanel No.19, however it is not as sharp and chemical.

It took me a while to like this fragrance seeming that the opening itself was rather overpowering and sour, however the drydown and the sudden presence of the floral notes softened the scent and gave it an undeniable feminine quality which was quite lovely.

My perception on this scent is that it's rather soapy yet fresh and revitalising. I found myself detecting a note hidden somewhere in the drydown which smelt rather like a smouldering cigarette. I must add that I rather like the smell of cigarettes, particularly on the opposite sex.

Honestly this isn't a fragrance that you're likely to find me wearing. Chanel's classy and sophisticated scents don't seem to do me justice, however on the right people these types of scents really have the ability to shine.

While this crisp, watery, herbaceous and lemony-fresh scent doesn't suit me, I'm almost certain that it will suit lovers of these kinds of fragrances.

Midnight Poison by Christian Dior

Midnight Poison is quite a fascinatingly complex scent.

The scent itself is rather heavy and strong. There is an intriguing blend of amber, spices, patchouli, citrus and classic rose throughout.

At first sniff you realise that this is something different, something mysterious. You'll find yourself overwhelmed by dark, woodsy undertones, exotic spices and a syrupy-like sweetness.

There's a certain sense of masculinity in this fragrance, however with that being said, I do still think this scent wears well on women. Midnight Poison commands attention. It is bold, dark, sensual, smooth, dramatic and intriguing.

I particularly love the smokey, almost 'incensey' quality this fragrance creates when worn on the skin. The dark, midnight blue coloured bottle certainly portrays what is yet to come, a potent potion for the brave and daring woman.

Midnight Poison is a long-lasting and incredibly tempting fragrance that is difficult to resist.

Chance Eau Fraîche by Chanel

Very refreshing, cooling and pleasant. A perfect scent for Spring and Summer in my opinion.

Chance eau Fraiche opens with the citrusy sourness of the lemon and the woodsy quality from the cedar, creating a damp yet clean opening. In some ways the scent is slightly masculine, reminiscent of many citrus based male scents.

I was starting to fear that I would dislike this fragrance until it began to merge into the middle notes of soft florals which blended nicely. This floral blend is sweet yet crisp, maintaining that wonderful Summery feeling.

The drydown was good but not great. While I wasn't really impressed with the strange blend of musk, vetiver, patchouli, woods and iris, I was rather pleased that the patchouli wasn't strong and headache-inducing like patchouli usually is for me.

Overall, Chance eau Fraiche is a fantastically unique, bright and sophisticated fragrance. It carries Chanel's great lasting power and doesn't fail in making you feel as if every cent was well spent.

Hypnôse Senses by Lancôme

I was instantly attracted to the beautiful, light peach-coloured bottle, so naturally I strode towards the Lancome fragrance counter, eager to test this new scent.

I was blown away by the loveliness of it all. Hypnose Senses is a light, refreshing floral that wears delicately on the skin.

The scent is certainly not loud or incredibly bold, rather it prefers to be subtle, yet softly feminine and in some ways it embodies a sense of girlish charm which is difficult to resist.

Some of the reviewers here describe Hypnose Senses as being sweet. Well I agree to a certain extent, however it is more of a sweet rose, violet and jasmine type scent rather than being sugary or candy-like.

The lasting power is quite good and due to the subtleness of this fragrance, the scent stays very close to the skin giving it that calm yet intimate quality.

Some have mentioned that they find similarities between this fragrance and Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Personally I too can detect some similarities, however Hypnose Senses is much fresher and lighter, and where Coco Mademoiselle has a slight fruity hit, Hypnose Senses does not.

I'll admit that Hypnose Senses isn't overly unique, yet I find something very charming and appealing about this scent. My only criticism is not on the scent itself but on the bottle which is rather chunky and difficult to hold, with the lid also being rather stubborn and difficult to replace after use.

Poison by Christian Dior

Such an enchanting fragrance! Truly captivating.

Poison is dark, gothic, mysterious and wicked, yet strangely inviting and soothing.

The scent itself is quite dusty, smokey and powdery but with such beautiful intensity. This fragrance is an amazing composition of both spices, florals and sweet vanilla.

At this present time I have been reading Philippa Gregory's "The Other Boleyn Girl", and since Poison reminds me of ancient gothic and medieval times, I can imagine this fragrance suiting such infamous women in history like Anne Boleyn.

Poison is so bold and almost potent, yet strangely and exquisitely beautiful. The scent settles so well on the skin with powdery and spicy bursts of plum, pepper, jasmine, tuberose and smokey incense.

Be wary that this fragrance isn't for the light-hearted. Poison requires its wearer to be strong willed and self-confident. The woman that wears Poison is mysterious, proud, sensuously captivating and intense.

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom by Donna Karan

I'm a little underwhelmed by this fragrance. I was expecting a refreshing, slightly sweet yet fruity opening, however all I got was a soapy floral with subtle hints of apple.

Fresh Blossom isn't as strong as its predecessors Be Delicious and Red Delicious, it is much lighter and most likely a hit with women who prefer subtle and clean fragrances.

Seeming that I like scents with character, I can't seem to warm to this scent. In my opinion Fresh Blossom is bland and unimaginative.

The sillage is incredibly subtle and unfortunately the lasting power is not great, definitely not as lasting as the other DKNY fragrances.

Boss Orange by Hugo Boss

Unfortunately this fragrance is very similar to many orange scented fragrances on the market today. It has that predictable sweet, orange candy like scent, which for me doesn't push too many boundaries.

Sure, the scent is pleasant and delicate on the skin, but there's nothing about this fragrance that shocks or excites me.

I would have much preferred this fragrance if they had experimented with a raw, juicy orange note, rather than an overly sweetened, synthetic blend of orange.

I was pretty unimpressed with this fragrance's opening, however the drydown was lovely, a soft and feminine scent of sandalwood, vanilla and white floral accords.

Because the scent is so subtle and light, it would make a suitable fragrance for the warmer months and casual wear. Although Boss Orange isn't liked by many, I don't think it would be an offensive type of scent. It's lack of originality is possibly why this fragrance isn't popular.

Harajuku Lovers - Lil' Angel by Gwen Stefani

There was no doubt about it, when I first smelt this fragrance I knew there was a note of pineapple in there somewhere.

Pineapple is quite possibly my least favourite note since it doesn't blend well with my skin chemistry and usually makes me nauseous.

Lil' Angel reeks of pineapple. Strong, sharp, juicy and headache inducing.

This fragrance reminds me so much of YSL's Baby Doll, it is almost like a complete replica. While the scent is quite fresh and for some, (who enjoy the smell of fresh pineapple), quite appealing, I can't seem to warm towards this fragrance even though I have tried.

Lil' Angel unfortunately was my least favourite out of the Harajuku Lovers series.

Harajuku Lovers - Music by Gwen Stefani

This fragrance smells very much like shampoo to me.

It's not a scent that I dislike, however it's not a particularly unique or interesting one in my humble opinion.

The scent itself is quite sweet yet fresh. I too can smell the pear and the clementine which gives this fragrance that clean, fruity shampoo type scent that I mentioned earlier.

The jasmine and the vanilla attempt to soften the scent and add some floral and feminine qualities, yet the fruity top notes never seem to mellow.

The lasting power is good yet I do become quite bored wearing this fragrance because it is so linear. So far I'd choose G as being the best fruity floral from this series.

Harajuku Lovers - G by Gwen Stefani

I'll have to agree that this fragrance is quite lovely. Obviously, because coconut is rather dominant, this won't appeal to people that dislike its scent, however for people that do like tropical, coconutty fragrances, G won't let you down.

The opening is primarily coconut and apple which blend together nicely giving this fragrance a beachy/tropical feel. I'll agree that the scent reminds me of sun-tan oil, and perhaps slightly similar to Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess, yet much lighter and sweeter.

From here onwards the scent only becomes sweeter with the jasmine, freesia and magnolia blending with the coconut to create a scent that is soft, feminine and pretty.

The drydown did not disappoint, ending with a soft sandalwood and cotton blend which rounded the scent off nicely.

The lasting power is quite impressive and the sillage, although not overpowering, can leave a lovely, pleasant trail.

Although the bottle is cute, I admit that I would feel embarassed displaying this bottle. In some ways it's tacky and childish. I'd consider buying this fragrance if they allowed the customer to purchase the fragrance when bottled like their tester bottles, which are simple cylindrical bottles with just the label, (much more sophisticated than the ones with the doll head).

Sexy Darling by Kylie Minogue

This is by far the best fragrance from Kylie Minogue's perfume range. Such a pity that this is a limited edition and difficult to find.

The fragrance opens with a sweet burst of blood orange, making it rather similar to Deep Red by Hugo Boss. I do like this sweetness however, it is certainly not as sickeningly sweet like Showtime was.

Sexy is the first word that comes to mind when I smell Sexy Darling, so the name of this fragrance won't let one down. The sillage is also fantastic and the lasting power, although not outstanding, is certainly better than average.

Unlike Kylie's other fragrances, which were in my opinion rather cheap-smelling, this fragrance is surprisingly quite sophisticated, warm and sensual.

I recommend this fragrance as the best choice from the Kylie Minogue range.

Salvatore Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

I really do enjoy wearing Salvatore Ferragamo. It's certainly a different type of fragrance, not your typical fruity scent. It is much more complex than most other perfumes I've tried.

Firstly, I will review this fragrance by describing how it smells on paper and on my skin, because they both differ considerably.

On paper Salvatore Ferragamo begins as a soft, almost soapy and refreshing blend of grapefruit, green notes, black currant and bergamot. However on my skin the spices are much more prominent and I can clearly smell the pepper, coconut and anise.

The middle notes are so beautiful, flowery and sweet on both skin and paper. The rose note is delicate and fresh, while the spices mantain that unique balance in the opening. At this point I much prefer the fragrance when worn on the skin because it has much more 'oomph' and character than on paper.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a very classy scent, which is a truly hard to find characteristic in most fruity fragrances these days.

Salvatore Ferragamo is sure to impress, captivate and be complimented this Summer, so I urge anyone to try this amazing scent.

Harajuku Lovers - Love by Gwen Stefani

I'll admit that prior to testing the Harajuku Lovers series, I had little respect for Gwen Stefani fragrances. I was actually surprised when I first tested Love, I didn't expect it to be so unique and addictive.

The scent is soft and sweet. It smells somewhat like musk sticks, but a hell of a lot nicer and smoother on the skin.

The sillage is fantastic. I sprayed a tiny squirt on my left wrist and everywhere I went I felt like I was shrouded in a cloud of this fragrance. Perhaps the sillage is a little too strong because after a few hours I began to feel a little dizzy.

Overall, this is a nice balance between musky and sweet. It doesn't smell childish yet somehow I can't imagine a mature woman wearing Love.

Harajuku Lovers Love, is for the spriteful, energetic and pretty young women that aren't afraid to wear something bold and sugary sweet.

Versace by Versace

Versace is such a wonderful, elegant and fresh floral fragrance. It is truly magnificent.

The opening is a beautiful blend of fruits and flowers. Instead of both components clashing with one another and fighting for dominance, they both come together in harmony creating a lush and perfect scent.

The heart is also quite enjoyable with hints of a champagne-like note making an appearance alongside the jasmine and orchid. The fragrance at this point is almost fresh, yet still sophisticated and elegant.

There is something very classic about Versace. Perhaps it is the simplistic yet striking bottle or the richness of the scent itself that makes me feel this way.

The lasting power and sillage are simply amazing, there is no other way to put it. The power of this fragrance is almost explosive, so I recommend that users of this fragrance apply with a light hand.

If you're looking for something sensual, rich, feminine and classy, I would advise you to choose Versace as your next purchase.

Princess by Vera Wang

Princess is such a fitting name for this scent.

It's sweet, pretty, girlish, charming and cute. The kind of scent that would suit a real girly-girl with a wild imagination.

The opening of this fragrance has quite a gourmand feel to it. It reminds me of iced donuts, candy, chocolate and sugar. There is no doubt that this is a sweet fragrance, something that will appeal to those that like getting a tooth-ache from their perfumes.

Unfortunately there are many sweet scents on the market at the moment, which doesn't leave this fragrance standing out in a crowd, however the scent itself is nicely done and definitely smells expensive.

The lasting power is quite good and the drydown also very lovely, quite musky yet sweet. I can understand why this fragrance has become so popular and I believe that the beautiful packaging is also half of this fragrance's success.

Romance by Ralph Lauren

Romance is a pleasant, clean-smelling fruity floral, yet it is a little too soapy for my liking.

It tends to have that generic shampoo type scent, which although refreshing and no doubt attractive to the opposite sex, I feel that it has been done and re-done in fragrances way too many times.

Do I feel that Romance is a romantic fragrance? No, not really. A romantic scent in my opinion is something that smells intense, passionate and warm. Romance is more likely to make one feel conservative and reserved.

While Ralph Lauren does tend to produce some lovely and incredibly popular fruity floral scents, I feel that they've played it safe with this one.

However, I must add that Romance has great sillage and lasting power. Had it been given another name and been promoted as a bright, refreshing and Spring-like scent, I may have liked this fragrance a little better. Unfortunately, Romance has left me disappointed and underwhelmed.

Notorious by Ralph Lauren

I actually quite enjoy Notorious and I cannot understand why so many people dislike it.

To me, this fragrance isn't overly spicy nor flowery. It's a little fruity and sweet, but not in a cheap kind of a way. Notorious smells expensive and is really quite classy.

Black currant, bergamot and peony are the most dominant notes when applied to the skin. This fragrance makes me feel very elegant and feminine, I really don't sense any hints masculinity within this scent.

The lasting power and sillage are both pretty powerful which makes this fragrance worth the money.

I think that Notorious would make a wonderful Autumn/Spring fragrance because it is so cheerful and pretty. It just makes me think of beautiful, sunny, cloudless days.

I actually think that Notorious smells a little like Coco Mademoiselle, however I much prefer Notorious.

Prada (new) by Prada

Prada is an extremely unusual fragrance. I certainly did not expect something like this from a popular and mainstream brand.

Prada is intense, spicy, rich, crisp and woodsy.

The fragrance opens with sharp woods and subtle hints of citrus. It immediately reminds me of the scent of freshly polished rosewood furniture.

The heart of this scent is somewhat crisp and fresh, yet the amber and spices balance this fragrance out nicely and add a delightful warmth. It also tends to have a grassy-like/damp forest finish which although odd is strangely appealing.

I'll agree that the amber and patchouli are particularly dominant in this fragrance, however the green notes and the honey soften the scent.

I wouldn't recommend this fragrance to overly feminine women, to me this isn't your typical flowery or sweet fragrance. A woman who wears Prada is edgy, confident and strong.

I find some similarities between this fragrance and Euphoria by Calvin Klein, however Prada lacks the sweetness of Euphoria and is much stronger in both sillage and lasting power.

I recommend that you try Prada if you're searching for a fragrance that is original, refined, classy, spicy/woodsy yet modern.

Love at First Glow by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

If I had to choose the best out of the Glow series, I would most likely say Love at First Glow.

Unique, it certainly is not, however the scent itself is quite pleasant and pretty. The fruits are not overly strong, just soft enough to compliment the floral notes.

I would describe Love at First Glow as being fresh and somewhat clean smelling. It reminds me of the scent of freshly washed hair and aromatic soaps. It is also sweet without being too overbearing.

Unfortunately I find this fragrance to be a little synthetic. The blend of jasmine, rose and vanilla just doesn't seem to convince me.

The lasting power is surprisingly quite good, however on my skin the drydown turned out to be a nightmare. I can only compare the basenotes to something that smelt like moldy, unwashed socks. However, I assume this was due to my skin chemistry and not the fragrance itself.

Overall, Love at First Glow is a nice scent, mostly marketed towards younger consumers. In my personal opinion, I find Jennifer Lopez's Live series to be much more enjoyable and daring.

Harajuku Lovers - Baby by Gwen Stefani

On its own, although pretty, Harajuku Lovers Baby is a little too powdery for my liking.

I'm sure it would smell wonderful on a child or a young girl, however on a woman it smells somewhat odd and out of place.

Often when I try a fragrance that I'm not overly fussed about, I'll mix it with another fragrance in the store. I just so happened to blend Baby with MOR's Marshmallow. I was really impressed with the result.

The sweetness from the Marshmallow and the powdery softness from Baby, created a beautiful, feminine, delicate and sweet scent which was absolutely divine.

Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

From a younger person's perspective, I guess it might come as a bit of a shock when I admit that I actually love this fragrance.

Old lady? I think not. As a 19 year old girl I would not feel ashamed by wearing this scent.

Youth-Dew is sophisticated, elegant, warm, inviting and in some ways strangely sexy. While I'm not a fan of fragrances containing aldehydes, I do love it when the powdery quality of the aldehydes are blended with spices. This blend gives this fragrance such a rich and feminine quality.

I have heard some people describe this fragrance as smelling similar to incense or exotic merchandise stores. I may just have to agree with that statement, however personally I love those smells, I find them to be quite soothing.

Where this scent goes wrong is when it is applied too heavily. Two or three sprays are certainly enough, any more and even I would be cringing at the thought of Youth-Dew.

Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent

I wasn't aware that YSL had reformulated this fragrance and I'm rather disappointed that I'll never get to compare the original to this scent.

I'm usually back and forth with aldehydes. In some fragrances I love the powdery and soapy quality that it gives, while in other scents, (for example, Chanel No.5), I hate how it smells sharp and unpleasant.

When I first sprayed Rive Gauche I immediately classed it as a sharp and unpleasant aldehydic fragrance. It was so strong and nose-burning, that it was almost like a bomb had hit me right in the nostrils.

I quickly stuffed this sample into my pocket in case I became nauseated from the scent and soon forgot about it. When I finally got home I emptied my pockets and wondered what smelt so elegant, rich and flowery. It was Rive Gauche.

When the aldehydic opening softens, the scent becomes feminine and romantic. The rose note is delicate with the gardenia, magnolia and jasmine creating such a beautiful floral blend.

It has that delightful, classic type scent which I love. It's difficult to re-create these types of scents which hold so much class, sophistication and elegance in a bottle.

Although I feel as if I'm a little too young to start wearing Rive Gauche, I can always look forward to growing older in hopes of one day owning this wonderful scent.

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

Nina is in one word; sweet. So sweet that had it been candy, it would have given me a tooth-ache.

Generally I love sugary sweet fragrances, but in this case I couldn't help feeling like a giggly, fourteen year old teenage girl when I wore this scent, which was not how I wanted to feel.

This fragrance reminds me of toffee apples, fairy floss and candy shops. Only this fragrance and Showtime by Kylie Minogue makes me feel this way.

Nina opens with a sweet but tarty lemon note, almost like lemon-flavoured candies rather than the sour, citrusy burst most of us are used to. For once peony isn't the dominant note letting the apple and praline practically star in their own show.

I'm not sure where the sweetness in the drydown comes from because all I can smell is sugar, sugar and more sugar. Not a hint of musk, apple tree or cedar.

Upon further sniffing I can detect a slight vanilla note hidden in the base notes which does give this scent a softer and more feminine finish.

Overall, sweet scents, (which did appeal to me a few years ago), are not likely to excite me anymore as I begin to look more towards becoming a woman and finding fragrances to suit a young woman rather than a girl. In my personal opinion, Nina is a teenage fragrance, I just can't picture a woman actually pulling this one off.

Island by Michael Kors

Island is on the borderline between being an aquatic and a fruity floral. Unfortunately those are not my favourite fragrance genres, so clearly Island isn't the scent for me. But apart from that this fragrance has some admirable qualities.

The scent is very fresh yet vibrant. It does indeed evoke a sense of a holiday on a tropical island, it gives you that chance to escape to a different world.

The heart and the drydown reminds me of Ralph by Ralph Lauren, possibly because of the apple and jasmine notes.

Apart from being fresh, Island is also a sweet scent, but not overly sweet like a candy shop, only very subtle.

I will admit that I too find this scent a little artificial and synthetic smelling, however it is difficult to produce these kinds of scents without getting this result. Although fake, it doesn't mean that this fragrance can't be worn and enjoyed by others. I personally think that on a person with the right skin chemistry, Island would smell like paradise.

Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

I was really interested in trying this fragrance to see what all the fuss was about. Prior to testing I assumed Lolita Lempicka would be a sweet, sugary gourmand, something similar to Fantasy by Britney Spears and Pink Sugar by Aquolina, I must admit that I was wrong.

Lolita Lempicka isn't terribly sweet, in fact it's quite deep, strong, spicy and woodsy.

This fragrance opens with a bang! My nose was assaulted with licorice, mahogany and anise. At first this combination didn't appeal to me because it wasn't what I expected, however since testing this scent again, I'll admit that this perfume grows on you.

In a strange kind of way, Lolita Lempicka is creamy and warm. The muskiness that this fragrance creates actually reminds me of the scent of a dense and damp forest, especially during Winter when the musky/woody smell is the strongest.

The drydown was also a surprise for me because I somehow expected a soft vanilla blend, however the vetiver and tobacco gave this drydown a more earthy and masculine finish.

Overall, I must be honest and admit that Lolita Lempicka isn't really my cup of tea. However, with that being said, on the right person this could smell amazing. I somehow picture this fragrance being worn by someone with a unique personality and style. Perhaps a woman who loves to dress in bohemian or hippy clothes and dances to her own tune. But that's just my opinion.

If it suits you and you love it, why shouldn't you wear it?

Magnifique by Lancôme

Oh no, no, no, NO! This fragrance had me cringing from the very first spray.

Sure, Magnifique is unique, but perhaps Lancome took their new daring approach to making fragrances a little too far this time.

I really expected Magnifique to smell magnificent; rich, elegant, powerful and almost regal. Honestly I don't find anything wonderful about smelling like a piece of burnt plastic and synthetic flowers.

The alcohol is so strong in this fragrance, it almost wipes out the notes completely. I have smelt cheap drugstore deoderants that smell better than Magnifique.

If you can manage to get past the overly strong opening notes without washing this scent off, the scent does improve slightly. Magnifique becomes a woodsy fragrance, yet I'd say it is more masculine smelling than feminine.

I very rarely get headaches from fragrances, yet Magnifique has succeeded in giving me one. I think it's because of the strong caraway and vetiver notes.

I don't know if I could ever recommend this fragrance, I'm rather glad I don't work behind a Lancome fragrance counter, otherwise I'd have to lie and don a false smile everytime someone bought this fragrance.