Reviews by leto

leto's avatar
    leto
    Turkey Turkey

Fahrenheit Parfum by Christian Dior

Well this is a nice fragrance but definitely a great letdown for the iconic Fahrenheit. Though it slightly reminds of its hommage, but it is just a sweet likeable fragrance at all.

Eight & Bob by Eight & Bob

I was such in a rush to try this one while I was abroad, such good old days, and i expected a lot from marketing. What I smelled is a generic, shy-woodsy generic fragrance. Just meh.

Antico Caruso by Profumum

It is quite interesting to see that after ten whole years, a niche brand goes and makes an exact Le Male clone with that price range. Way to go.

I Love New York for Earth Day by Bond No. 9

feminine

Very good green floral, but it is for women imo.

03rd June, 2013

Lipizzan by Parfums de Marly

Not for this price

A nice, smooth, vetivery aromatic fougere quite in the same vein with Loewe Esencia. While it smells slightly better and softer than Esencia, its performance is disappointing.  Apply generously, this is weak. I mean l'artisan weak.

Pros: Masculine, smooth
    Cons: weak

22nd May, 2013

Eros by Versace

A 1 Millionized fragrance with reminders of Guichard's previous works such as mint from le Male Terrible, but this one is a mess. I'd never wear it but I see that it was designed as a money maker, I think it will sell more then ok especially to teenage males.

25th April, 2013

Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

A very neat citrus/fig/light wood combination. Not milky&sweet like Marc Jacobs, it is a go for admirers of Dune and Phylosikos.

Infact i like all the Blu Mediterraneo series, they are more than OK with a reasonable price. This one is one of the best in the series and perfect for spring/summer and office.

04th April, 2013

Invasion Barbare / SB by MDCI

This one is a masterfully created and excellent fragrance. I am not that into fougery type of fragrances but this and HdP 1725 made my day. They resemble each other imo and because of the price and availability, I will continue buying HdP line but i am also very happy with my decant of Invasion Barbare.

I do not know any other works of Stephanie Bakouche, but considering this one, it is a must that more fragrances be released with her collaboration.

Longevity is excellent while in a 3-4 hours, it becomes a skin scent in my case. But really, what a fragrance! Like mentioned before, it is dangerous to get a sample or decant, you may crave for it.

04th April, 2013

Armani Eau de Nuit by Giorgio Armani

Well this one seems like Armani's jump on the iris/suede touch but it is a little bit late after Dior Homme/Intense's suceess. Not a bad fragrance per se, but especially on the top notes, it is impossible to miss that this is a Dior Homme wannabe. Neutral.

31st March, 2013

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Very strong and bitter. I can't stand that much leather and find pointless anyway. For the admirers of the genre, it can be OK with its potency and sillage but I think the leather lovers already know some other fine leather fragrances much more cheaper than this one.

27th March, 2013 (Last Edited: 16th April, 2013)

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

Shouts it is a Kurkdjian work, has signature of him overall. It reminds me a mix of Lumiere Noire pour Homme&pour Femme, but of course leaning to the feminine side. Very classy and women who discover and wear this is very lucky (NR being not very popular brand here in my land)

27th March, 2013

Juniper Sling by Penhaligon's

I like this one's spring cool refreshing effect with the greatly adapted gin-fizz juniper note but the enjoying is quite short. Very, very short lived one to call even a fragrance. Would never buy but happily finish up if gifted.

25th March, 2013

Mark Birley For Men Charles Street by Mark Birley

What a note list that i do not agree upon. Charles Street is a leather fragrance that starts very harsh imo. Slight whiffs of saffron and raspberry do not help the smell to be soft.

When you think that it will smooth down in an hour and become a musk-leather skin scent, whoop it is totally gone.

One of the greatest regrets of blind buying.

APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Orange+amber. That's it. Nice to smell and wear but very boring because of the linearity.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia by Comme des Garçons

I am surprised that nobody mentioned that this is very reminiscent of Jubilation XXV. A good one but not original at all. Great performance for the price.

Rose 31 by Le Labo

Light rose and cedar combo. Very subtle and elegant. Totally justifies the price imo and one of the staples of my wardrobe.

The rose here is not of like the Amouage's or Montale's, no need to be afraid of a heavy sillage or feminine-rose affections, since this is so elegant, you can easily wear it daily in offices or enclosed spaces. A real joy to wear that one.

Gardénia by Chanel

A simple white floral-milky fragrance. Not bad per se, but there are tons of cheaper alternatives, nothing interesting. Pass.

Black Musk by Montale

A very interesting take on leather-musk and it has the wow factor really. It has the classic Montale start but the rose is very backstage and ceases to exist in some minutes.

What stays is a very dark and challenging leather note. This is quite a difficult fragrance to wear, but much much better and different from the rest of the vast numbers of Montales.

Very Irresistible for Men Fresh Attitude by Givenchy

Quite synthetic and headache inducing. Never hated a fragrance more recently, I simply ran to wash it off. Disgusting one.

10th March, 2013

Aqua Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

To me, this smells like the cucumber-based Fahrenheit that I remember from my teenages plus very zesty and zingy citrus notes on top. A good designer choice for spring days, sillage & longevity is quite good for that genre.

Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

I like Bahiana. It is a basic fragrance indeed that mainly smells of freshly squeezed orange juice. Its airy and sweet tones makes it a grat refresher for hot summer days. Basenotes are slightly woody-musky and some other fruits like mango show up. Completely unisex. Mental picture is Brazilian beaches with this one.

Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille by Mona di Orio

One of the greatest vanille based fragrances I've ever encountered. Salutes the note from earthy-rooty beginning to a flowering of smooth and warm flavor. Totally justifies the price since it smells great and quite strong. You can have the whole day in your aura with just 2 sprays, it stays and stays, what a performance.

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

I own the edp. This one is a great sweet oriental fragrance, and if you are a little bit interested in perfumers and their works, it is impossible to miss that this is from Menardo in a few sniffs.

Get easy on the trigger since this is quite strong.

L'Eau de L'Eau by Diptyque

I really like this spicy eau de cologne. The cinnamon and clove twist adds a great depth to the classical lemon cologne vibe. It is impossible to overspray and creates a delightful aura around. It is a little bit weak in performance but it is OK. I think I'm buying myself a bottle.

Fracas by Robert Piguet

Not much to add. This can be the reference, holy grail tuberose. What a bomb.

Interlude Man by Amouage

I couldn't get past the oregano & incense phase. No matter how hard I tried to like it (been waiting for the release for a time), this one is not for me, it's not attractive for starters, and I wouldn't want this on a perfume that I wear. It keeps going on and on like burning oregano and green spices incense sticks.

Terribly great sillage & longevity though.

Gucci Guilty pour Homme by Gucci

This one lacks character and I couldn't quite get what the perfumer tried to do here. Citrusy-woody head ache? Pass. I miss the great days of Gucci perfumes.

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

A fine example of bright-citrus vetivers. Suits great with a shirt-khakis, a good semi-formal choice for spring & summer, recommended.

Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani

Its vetiver smells like Paul Smith Story. Sadly discontinued, Story is much better than this one. Vetiver Babylon is nice but boring, ended up selling my bottle after using up about 10 ml.

22nd February, 2013

So Nude by Costume National

A very good floral fragrance, mostly focuses on tuberose, then roses. Strong like most Costume National fragrances.

11th January, 2013