Reviews by cescpistol

cescpistol's avatar
    cescpistol
    Philippine Philippine

Aspen for Men by Coty

Aside for a brief couple of seconds in the opening, I don't get the Cool Water comparison. This smells like Lysol. And I don't want Lysol on my skin. Stay away.

22 February, 2010

Cool Water Frozen by Davidoff

This has become my signature scent. I love the original but this is even better. Lighter and fresher. Perfect for everyday wear in a tropical country. Weirdly enough, the feeling reminds me of Sprite Ice. Yup, the softdrink. The mint notes are THAT refreshing.

16 February, 2010

Porsche Design Essence by Porsche

Smells like Benetton's ParadisoInferno Blue. It doesn't smell bad but it's nothing special. Fresh, clean, and manly but not in the Cool Water kind of way--it just doesn't have that oomph to it that'd make you want to make it your signature frag. If it costs $10, I'd consider it; but for it's price you could do a lot better.

07 February, 2010

Cool Water Game by Davidoff

This is a great scent for warm weather. The watermelon note is very refreshing. Sillage and longevity is good (6-8 hrs) for a fresh scent. In fact, this is unexpectedly strong--in a good way. 2-3 sprays are enough, which is above average for fresh scents. The drydown is a bit sweet, though, and might get cloying.

Cool Water by Davidoff

This has been my staple since high school. And it's the one that's gotten me the most compliments--partly because frags aren't too common here in the Philippines. I remember hanging out with a girl who is totally out of my league, and from out of nowhere she told me that I smelled great. She said that I smelled clean and manly. Enough said.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This is just plain good. The scent itself, the sillage, the longevity. No wonder this is a best-seller. I can't stop smelling myself when I'm wearing this.

Yes, probably half of the guys in the room wear it. Yes, it would probably remind your girlfriend of somebody from her past. But it shouldn't take away from how great this scent is. As they say: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Eternity Summer for Men 2006 by Calvin Klein

Great fresh take on the original. Hands down the best among the Eternity summer flankers. IMHO, Summer 2006 is better than the original. As SirSlarty said, it sits well on the skin. Lasted for more than 5 hours on me.

A must-have for all aquatic lovers. That is, if you can still get hold of one. This is the closest thing to being CK's response to Armani's AdG.

04 February, 2010