Reviews by DollyDagger64

Eau d’Épices by Tauer

Eau d'Epices opens with a rich airy blast of spices. This is no gourmand. It hs no density or chewy quality. Wearing it is like having someone with a censer of burning incense walking in front wafting smoke that surrounds with the scent of spices. The drydown is delicious and long lasting. I highly recommend it.

05 October, 2010

Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer

Another fabulous Tauer. Rose surrounded by lemon, raspberry and violets which amplify and make it richer. A winner all around!

05 October, 2010

Zadig by Emilio Pucci

Warm and sensual. Animalic without being obnoxious. Very sexy.

05 February, 2010

APOM pour Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

As it was drying down, this reminded me so much of Classique, only classier (pun intended). It must be the orange blossom and ylang ylang notes they have in common. This would be excellent for the daytime rotation.

29 January, 2010

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I really wanted to like this since the Perfume Guide gave it 5 stars but try as I might I could only be so-so. It's not a bad scent, it's just that it's a one trick pony. I got a brief sniff of the cardboard note and then....nothing. Literally. It's like it disappeared off the radar. If I'm going to wear a scent I'd like to at least be able to get whiffs of it on me throughout the day. This one lasted all of about 15 minutes. So I have to say it's interesting but I would never buy it.

28 January, 2010

Magie Noire by Lancôme

I would give this two thumbs up if I could. This is one of my favorite scents ever. I first bought this back in 1982 and wore it constantly. Unfortunately, I wasn't into perfumes then and didn't know what a treasure this was. Otherwise I would have bought many bottles of it since the version they're putting out now is not the same. I bought some vintage on eBay and the first sniff was like meeting an old friend. Dark, mysterious, utterly sensual if not downright hedonistic. Ahhh...I'm home again.

28 January, 2010