Reviews by Gabbanaguy

Gabbanaguy's avatar
    Gabbanaguy

Pasha by Cartier

This is a outstanding fragrance. I just tried It for the first time and just love it. I think I smell like a Persian Prince. Although I have never smelled a Persian Prince before. Or at least I dont think I have. Better than smelling like Persian rug I suppose. It really is a wonderful sent...Im surprised that It's not more popular.

Pasha by Cartier has good longevity and reasonably good projection. Not a monster In anyway...but it dosen't need to be. It's quite nice just the way it is.

Dont dismiss this one because It came out 20 years ago. That Indeed would be a mistake. Well done Cartier.

12 August, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 August, 2012)

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I did not like this at first,so I tried Angel Men again. The top/mid can be kind of rough but the dry down may be the finest I have ever experienced. If you can handle the top then you will be rewarded with a heavenly dry down. What more can be said, a master piece that projects and last for ever.

16 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 23 June, 2011)

Artisan by John Varvatos

Im pretty new to frags, but I know what I like and I Indeed like JV Artisan. I was at a local dept store testing some new colognes sometime In Feb. The lady behind the service desk asked me If I woould like a free sample of Artisan, I sad "sure why not"? I hit my wrists and walked around the mall. I checked my wrist with my nose about 20min later, man was I Impressed. I think so many frags smell so much alike, but not this one. I can honestly say that I have never experenced anything like It before. The first Impression I got was this freshness with a clean hint of orange blossom. Again Im new to all this so my decriptions will be vague at best, sorry. Artisan Is a very special scent as far as Im concerned. The lady at my local Starbucks asked me what I was wearing, I told her and she said that she had to have It for her husband. The longivity Isn't great but It's not bad either, Im getting about four to five hours out of for four to five sprays. I dont like to wear to much, my rule of thumb Is If you are out of my reach, you should not be able to detect my scent. JV has become my sig frag, I really like It because It's different, and thats a very good thing. JV also works well on me In warmer as well as colder weather, I notice no discernible difference reguardless of season.

05 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 27 March, 2011)

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Im new to fragrances so please forgive my lack of proper(verbiage) dialogue. I do know what I like and I do like "The One" by D&C. I first came upon this frag about a year ago. It was new and not much had be said about It. I tried a spritz on the wrist at a local Lord&Taylors. I really did not care for It at first, I thought It was to sweet and femimine. About thrity min later I noticed It had dried down to a mellow tobacco. I could not keep my nose from my wrist. The best description I can give Is a sweet rich and creamy tobacco, very clean to my nose. The draw back Is that It does not last long. I took the advise of another member and tried using It(layering) with D&C PH. The PH does Indeed give It more staying power. The ying to the yang sort of thing. This has now become my sig and I receive complements all the time. I do enjoy wearing "The One" It just needs to hang In there a little longer.

25 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 18 June, 2011)