Reviews by paulik

paulik's avatar
    paulik
    Romania Romania

24 Gold by ScentStory FZE

This is the worst blind buy ever.

It smells like OLD. Not even old man, but old woman. That Jack Bauer reference is only a publicity thing, it has nothing to do with a man or an action series.

Longevity is not that good either. 12 hours after, all there is on the skin is a very school-ey cedar smell. The one that any fragrance connoiseur would smile upon.

I don't see how anyone under 60 can wear this without making a fool of himself.

This is such disappointment. Really.

04 April, 2014

H.M. by Hanae Mori

This is for the EDP (haven't tried the EDT yet):

Other reviewers have described this fragrance better than I could ever do, so I will concentrate on the longevity:

It may be that I am sensitive to some ingredients, but I never ever encountered such staying power in a male fragrance before. It even puts Kouros to shame in this respect. This fragrance will never go away :)

For me, two puffs are too much. One will make you be noticed throughout the day. But it is too heavy to be used for office or casual wear. It is strange, it is potent, it is not common, it makes a statement. It is to be tried before buying, some may not like it. I love it.

20th March, 2011

Antaeus by Chanel

I remember wearing the original formulation of Antaeus and appreciating it as an outstanding fragrance, truly a masterpiece.

Unfortunately, the reformulation is a watery mess that made me argue with the salesperson that what I tried was not the original. And I was right. It was not the original, but unfortunately was also made by Chanel.

I simply don't understand why don't they keep original formulas and release re-formulations as flankers? Are they SO expensive to make? It would be a sign of respect for their customers.

Two thumbs up for the original, but thumbs down for this insult that they sell under the name of Antaeus.

06 June, 2010

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

@Yves Saint Lourock:

1) Have you ever heard of "civet"?

2) It is VERY wrong to call people "idiots".

For the other readers: please excuse him, he is Romanian (as am I, so I know what I am speaking about). Many of my fellow citizens are not ready yet to interact with the rest of the world in a civilized manner.

30th May, 2010

Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin

I am usually a "heavy" user of fragrance. But I found that with Arpege, the key is to not over-spray. It is better to under-spray, actually. With just one or at most two spritzes, the fragrance is rich, distinguished and develops nicely; it also lasts a lot, even in small dose.

When applied too much, it becomes an annoying mono-note aroma of something resembling tooth-paste. No other note is allowed to appear.

05 March, 2010

Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano

I have just found out that Mr Durbano upped the price of Black Tourmaline from $125 to $200. No modifications to the formula. Just out of the blue.

I think this says all about the *man* Olivier Durbano and the perfumer.

Sorry. Never gonna try this one. Or any other perfumes from this gentleman.

02 March, 2010